Bates is off

jjbscotty12

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

not sure if this has been translated in the discussion above but he has gone on a free as well. Really, really bad business from the board.

That's generally what happens with players who are out of contract.

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

This should’ve been sorted months ago. I find it quite rich that the blame is put on him for not having Rangers at heart when there’s been nothing done by the club to make him feel like he’s wanted.

He has been offered contract extensions (I believe 3 offers).  He has declined them.    He obviously has money at the top of his agenda which I am not criticising but if he really wanted to play for Rangers he would have signed up again.  He has put cash first which is his prerogative.  Please explain what you would have done differently.   

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He has been offered contract extensions (I believe 3 offers).  He has declined them.    He obviously has money at the top of his agenda which I am not criticising but if he really wanted to play for Rangers he would have signed up again.  He has put cash first which is his prerogative.  Please explain what you would have done differently.   

If 4 Lads Had A Dream are to be believed then we never offered a contract which is fucking stupid

35 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

not sure if this has been translated in the discussion above but he has gone on a free as well. Really, really bad business from the board.

How is it bad business by the board?    I'm not a fan of the board but we can't force a player to sign.   It's obvious that his agent has been at work and the lure of considerably more money at Hamburg has won the day.  What else do you expect RFC to do, just give him a blank cheque?

Money talks. How much would people have given him as a wage at this stage of his career? Rangers had talks with him several times but Hamburg must have offered more. We will find another defender and Bates will be forgotten by the start of next season.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t agree.

The board hired the DOF and they are trusting him to do his job. As part of that job he has decided that a player isn’t worth a new contract.That decision is purely on him, the same way that if a manager signed a shite player the blame would be on them.

You can not like the board but blaming everything on them is pathetic.

Emmm

I think you should look into accountability and responsibility 

Blaming the board for everything that is wrong with the club is exactly what should be happening, saying it is pathetic shows a complete misunderstanding of corporate governance.

I am of the opinion that the board appointed the DOF to create more of a distance between them and the supporters. Meaning the more gullible fans have another head for the chopping block in line before the board if things do not go to plan.

The sentence in bold is ridiculous, they are charged with correctly governing the club for all stakeholders. 

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

How is it bad business by the board?    I'm not a fan of the board but we can't force a player to sign.   It's obvious that his agent has been at work and the lure of considerably more money at Hamburg has won the day.  What else do you expect RFC to do, just give him a blank cheque?

Not a footballing expert but we could have gone earlier and offered more if we thought he had potential? Murty etc know more than I do - they see him train every day. But out of contract at end of season makes it more difficult for us, I suppose. 

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Every club he plays for up until either 21 or 23 is due a percentage of his development fee. Raith will get the bulk of it but we'll be entitled to compensation for the last two years. The fact he is moving from us - and not Raith - to Hamburg will increase the size of the development fee as we're a top tier side. Which is why we had to pay a fee for Rossiter, Windass, Crooks, Dodoo and they had to pay one for Dembele despite them all being out of contract.

That only applies to players moving within the 4 nations it is an agreement struck out with uefa 

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If 4 Lads Had A Dream are to be believed then we never offered a contract which is fucking stupid

They are not to be believed. 17 pages of posts here. Do you see anyone else mention an offer wasn't made?

It's common knowledge that multiple offers were made. 4 lads seem to be a bunch of ill informed, attention seeking deviant bloggers. Are they even Rangers supporters? 

Their necks are redder than Bates's!

Archived