Action required ASAP

RangersMedia

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Board have to do something quickly or I genuinely see us finishing 4th in the league. These players have chucked it - they need to give everyone a lift by announcing the new manager ASAP - have him showing his face at the training ground, at games etc. 

Make sure every single one of those players know they’re fighting for their livelihoods in the next 5 league games. 

The only thing this board will do now is chuck murty under the bus to try and deflect from there failings. Expect nicholl in charge till season end. 

I have no faith that they even have a manager lined up to take over.  As for the players they are under contract and the board don't have the money to terminate deals 

3 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I don't think they've got a choice after the game at Ibrox vs them

After the game at the end of Dec, the game plan was already there.

They cunts crumble when the are pressed, today was sitting back for 90 mins which is completely the opposite of what has worked for any team in the past 30 odd games

I was meaning a manager to come in this week as the OP was referring to (if I took it up right). I would be amazed if they have one ready to be appointed, but glad to be proved wrong.

Just now, Bears r us said:

I was meaning a manager to come in this week as the OP was referring to (if I took it up right). I would be amazed if they have one ready to be appointed, but glad to be proved wrong.

Wasn’t meaning that mate. 

Was meaning just get one announced - get him at the training ground to make sure the players know the fucking score. Show his face at games etc - but not actually take charge yet. No danger whoever we were looking at will fancy coming in for 5 games right now when the fans are rinsing this team and looking for blood 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Bringing one in the now could be dodgy as fuck the way the squad is, but can see why you have little faith after the shit when Pedro was sacked, think most do tbh.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Wasn’t meaning that mate. 

Was meaning just get one announced - get him at the training ground to make sure the players know the fucking score. Show his face at games etc - but not actually take charge yet. No danger whoever we were looking at will fancy coming in for 5 games right now when the fans are rinsing this team and looking for blood 

No problem, but I think we are still at crossed wires with each other. I mean we will not have one ready, as not having got that far in our search ( I assume we are searching) to be announced any time this next couple of weeks. I do hope I am wrong. 

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

Bringing one in the now could be dodgy as fuck the way the squad is, but can see why you have little faith after the shit when Pedro was sacked, think most do tbh.

Yes my concern is we are not in position to name anyone for some considerable time, but as I said to 'psb07158' above I hope I am wrong.

They shouldn't even be given the chance to fight for their futures in the next 5 games (apart from Cummings who hasn't had a fair crack at it and I think he could be a real threat for us next season). I'd play the U20s until the spineless embarrassments can be punted in the summer.

You could maybe argue guys like McCrorie (due to his potential), Ryan Jack, Lee Wallace, Rossiter (if he can stay fit - no sniggering at the back) would deserve another chance but they really shouldn't be anything else than squad options going forward anyway. 

Of course the board need hounded but sadly they're going nowhere. We need a no nonsense manager who is a winner first and foremost and a whole new squad. This clear out then blank canvas shite every season is getting ridiculous but it's a must again in the summer. Do I trust the decision makers to get it right this time? Nope.

49 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We genuinely may not win any of the 5 league games remaining. We actually could miss out on Europe.

Just as well our whole financial strategy doesn't include getting to the group stages of European competitions each season.....

Was Bar 72 open today as I cant remember any ads for it?

The days of players playing for their lively hood are history, the players decide when an where they go now 

Take O’halloran for example pish player, not even interested in playing for the club, has survived 3 managers who didn’t rate him an we still can’t get rid of him

on the other side of the coin, even a young player who has done nothing in the game, that we signed from Raith Rovers and apparently we wanted to keep, holds you to ransom for what he wants instead of what we are willing to pay the games a bogey!

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Board have to do something quickly or I genuinely see us finishing 4th in the league. These players have chucked it - they need to give everyone a lift by announcing the new manager ASAP - have him showing his face at the training ground, at games etc. 

Make sure every single one of those players know they’re fighting for their livelihoods in the next 5 league games. 

I can understand the sentiment , we're all raging after that shambolic performance but be careful what you wish for . 

Knee jerk reactions are part of the reason where we are today . I don't want us to rush into an appointment with limited choices of who is currently available , just as a reaction , but rather wait to get the right appointment . Hopefully the board have made progress on this ( no laughing at the back ) and if that is the case , we may be unable to make any announcement at this time if he's already at a club . 

Thats not to say we shouldn't be given an update on their thoughts though . That , at least , should be the minimum they could do after today . 

15 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

The days of players playing for their lively hood are history, the players decide when an where they go now 

Take O’halloran for example pish player, not even interested in playing for the club, has survived 3 managers who didn’t rate him an we still can’t get rid of him

on the other side of the coin, even a young player who has done nothing in the game, that we signed from Raith Rovers and apparently we wanted to keep, holds you to ransom for what he wants instead of what we are willing to pay the games a bogey!

He wasn't holding anyone to ransome. He has his worth and the club weren't prepared to go there, probably because we are skint and paying imposters four times the money Bates was wanting.

He done his bit, so good luck to the boy.

31 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He wasn't holding anyone to ransome. He has his worth and the club weren't prepared to go there, probably because we are skint and paying imposters four times the money Bates was wanting.

He done his bit, so good luck to the boy.

His worth?, he would be lucky to be on £200 a week at raith ffs we signed him on a few grand a week an for what, a season and a half he contributed absolutely fuck all to the club then when the club does rely on his services he decides he wants more! Good luck to him? Fucking good riddance more like!

there are players who play for lesser teams in the spfl, that have more talent an have achieved more in their careers to date than Bates, who will probably never see 7k+ a week wages but just cos we are Rangers we should pay it? 

If you an yer brother weren’t a couple of fucking blowhards an had a few bob to yer names, I’d love to see yous being a major shareholders in Rangers an saying that pish, Bates done his bit?Bates done fuckall for us.