Miller and Wallace Suspended

Have to respect the man in charge even if he does make mistakes.

Dont think there was any other choice if players overstepped the mark, Halliday may well be next.

That being said anyone who criticises Wallace and the unbelievable sacrifice he has made to our club and want him gone need to give themself a shake. This guy sacrificed his footballing carreer to stay and play in the shittest leagues in the UK all for Rangers.........he deserves a 2nd chance if there was a line that was crossed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Ex-Rangers captain Lee McCulloch is "very surprised" to see former team-mates Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace suspended by the club.

The pair are the subject of an internal investigation centred on a dressing-room disagreement with manager Graeme Murty at Hampden on Sunday.

The dispute followed a 4-0 Scottish Cup semi-final loss to celtic.

"I know Lee and Kenny very well, they are two passionate professionals, "McCulloch told BBC Scotland.

"They are not disruptive players at all. I can't quite get my head round the whole situation."

Murty has done a great job - McFadden

Neither player featured in the game. Striker Miller, 38, is in the final weeks of his contract and was an unused substitute while club captain Wallace was not in the squad.

The 30-year-old left-back, who has a year left on his deal, has not played since September but has been closing in on a comeback following groin surgery.

There were further signs of stress in the Rangers camp at Hampden with both Andy Halliday and Daniel Candeias reacting angrily after being substituted, before Alfredo Morelos and Greg Docherty were seen shouting at each other at full-time.

"I've been in a hundred dressing rooms when choice words have been used after the game," said McCulloch, who played at Ibrox from 2007-15.

"There's been fights but it's never come out in the press. That's the worrying thing for me, how it's come out so soon after an embarrassing defeat.

"Getting beat 4-0 by your biggest rivals, I'd hope there would be a lot more than two people with something to say.

"We don't know what's happened, all the ins and outs, but if they got up and expressed an opinion about what's happened, [saying] 'that wasn't good enough today', then I don't see a problem with that.

"It doesn't look too good on the club or the players. For me, an awful lot would need to happen in that dressing room [for players to be suspended].

"If I was the captain again, I'd certainly be expressing my concerns and I'd be hoping people were digging me out as well.

"People will say it's not the best time to speak out, when the adrenaline is still going but you can look at it both ways. You might get what people really feel instead of leaving it a day or two when people go back into their shells."

Who gives a fuck what McFadden and McCulloch say

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

"I've been in a hundred dressing rooms when choice words have been used after the game," said McCulloch, who played at Ibrox from 2007-15.

"There's been fights but it's never come out in the press. That's the worrying thing for me, how it's come out so soon after an embarrassing defeat.

11/May/2017

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha has vowed to crack down on leaks from the dressing room.

Caixinha has been unhappy with a number of stories dripping out about his first-team squad since taking charge six weeks ago.

His latest gripe came after news broke that he told defenders Clint Hill and Philippe Senderos they will not be handed new deals for next season.

'The majority of the speculation is coming from inside and that is my main concern. If they are coming from inside I cannot stay that happy with that situation.

'We need to identify (who is leaking) and then seal it. We are a big club and a big club cannot have this sort of behaviour.

29th/Sep/2017

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha AXES Kenny Miller from squad and banishes star to play in youth team

Mid October 2017:

Kenny's agent posts:

'If @rangersfc have a 'leak,' 'rat' or a 'traitor' in the ranks then they should say who it is and deal with it rather than leave one man hung out to dry!!!

'To make those accusations and then leave Kenny out of the squad and not say a word is embarrassing...........and then do it again! Looks pretty obvious to me where the leaks come from'

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

I should have taken out the McFadden part will sort it after this post.

I know Lee is pals with the 'suspended two' but I thought the highlighted part would be true and was another opinion.

My personal opinion is that we are all guessing at snippets of info from a few people who might or might not be ITK, I am also fucking angry that this situation has probably left us with Murty for the last 5 games and takes the heat from the people who appointed him. Wankers.  

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

You don't need to give a fuck about McFadden or McCulloch.  However, there is someone leaking information to the press from within the dressing room.  It's been going on for years and it's a problem.

Just now, TMB said:

You don't need to give a fuck about McFadden or McCulloch.  However, there is someone leaking information to the press from within the dressing room.  It's been going on for years and it's a problem.

Going on for years allows us to narrow it down quite a bit. Only Wallace and miller remain from 14/15.

9 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Have to respect the man in charge even if he does make mistakes.

Dont think there was any other choice if players overstepped the mark, Halliday may well be next.

That being said anyone who criticises Wallace and the unbelievable sacrifice he has made to our club and want him gone need to give themself a shake. This guy sacrificed his footballing carreer to stay and play in the shittest leagues in the UK all for Rangers.........he deserves a 2nd chance if there was a line that was crossed.

Aye for £500 a week 

10 minutes ago, Camshy said:

After we signed Sandaza it was clear the guy was a dud.  After Sandaza made a cunt of himself with the phone call incident I truly believe the club used that as an excuse to can him and free up that money.  

Halliday has given the club the perfect excuse to get rid of him with his outburst.  Let's use this to rip up his contract otherwise we'll be stuck with him until the summer of 2020.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

11/May/2017

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha has vowed to crack down on leaks from the dressing room.

Caixinha has been unhappy with a number of stories dripping out about his first-team squad since taking charge six weeks ago.

His latest gripe came after news broke that he told defenders Clint Hill and Philippe Senderos they will not be handed new deals for next season.

'The majority of the speculation is coming from inside and that is my main concern. If they are coming from inside I cannot stay that happy with that situation.

'We need to identify (who is leaking) and then seal it. We are a big club and a big club cannot have this sort of behaviour.

29th/Sep/2017

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha AXES Kenny Miller from squad and banishes star to play in youth team

Mid October 2017:

Kenny's agent posts:

'If @rangersfc have a 'leak,' 'rat' or a 'traitor' in the ranks then they should say who it is and deal with it rather than leave one man hung out to dry!!!

'To make those accusations and then leave Kenny out of the squad and not say a word is embarrassing...........and then do it again! Looks pretty obvious to me where the leaks come from'

I take anything that Pedro said or did with a big pinch of salt. If Rangers had evidence that Kenny was leaking stories or whatever he was doing so wrong then he would have been dismissed at the time IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I should have taken out the McFadden part will sort it after this post.

I know Lee is pals with the 'suspended two' but I thought the highlighted part would be true and was another opinion.

My personal opinion is that we are all guessing at snippets of info from a few people who might or might not be ITK, I am also fucking angry that this situation has probably left us with Murty for the last 5 games and takes the heat from the people who appointed him. Wankers.  

I'm assuming like me and you McCulloch doesn't actually know what happened or what got said, unless of coarse he got his mates version, so I don't know how he can make a judgement 

I take anything that Pedro said or did with a big pinch of salt. If Rangers had evidence that Kenny was leaking stories or whatever he was doing so wrong then he would have been dismissed at the time IMO. 

If you're going to rip up a guys contract you need concrete evidence in case the player wants to take it further.  It could be that Rangers knew Miller was leaking information but had no way of proving it.  I do believe Miller is mercenary and is likely to be the guy constantly leaking information to the press.  

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

???

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I'm assuming like me and you McCulloch doesn't actually know what happened or what got said, unless of coarse he got his mates version, so I don't know how he can make a judgement 

I agree about the judgement part because we are all working on really no evidence. The main reason I posted it was the part about players in dressing rooms he has been in arguing and maybe fighting, but it was dealt with in house and they all got on with it.  

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

???

You're attacking the messenger without actually reading the message.  Information was leaked to the press and it's been happening for years.  Any thoughts on that?

I agree about the judgement part because we are all working on really no evidence. The main reason I posted it was the part about players in dressing rooms he has been in arguing and maybe fighting, but it was dealt with in house and they all got on with it.  

I agree this goes on but what ever happened on Sunday must have overstepped the mark in someones eyes 

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I honestly don't think Miller is the media leak. Didn't when Pedro was saying it and still don't. 

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

If you're going to rip up a guys contract you need concrete evidence in case the player wants to take it further.  It could be that Rangers knew Miller was leaking information but had no way of proving it.  I do believe Miller is mercenary and is likely to be the guy constantly leaking information to the press.  

You are entitled to that view TMB, but I am not so sure and apart from a one year mistake (yes no doubt for good money) playing for them I have always liked him and he has contributed to our team a great deal.

Time will tell and if he at some point is proved to be leaking and I will say I got it wrong.

I wonder where all these bloggers who are supposed to have inside info about what is happening at board level get their leaks from ?   

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

You're attacking the messenger without actually reading the message.  Information was leaked to the press and it's been happening for years.  Any thoughts on that?

You've lost me here - what has  McFadden and McCulloch been saying got anything to do with leaks to the press

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I agree this goes on but what ever happened on Sunday must have overstepped the mark in someones eyes 

Yes that is maybe true but what one person thinks is over the top and especially if your own job is on the line, and what others think could be two different things. Not knowing any facts is shite I would say.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I honestly don't think Miller is the media leak. Didn't when Pedro was saying it and still don't. 

Mate, I have never thought it either, but many do.

As I said in a post above we are all working on very little info especially with this latest carry on so I am trying to keep an open mind but it is difficult.  

So frustrating that we will likely never get the true story - Again!

I reckon if I was Miller (end of career anyway) I'd just say to fuck with it and issue a full statement to let fans decide whether or not he/Wallace were in the wrong rather than have my name dragged through the mud again. Trouble is though you still wouldn't know if he was telling the truth so ?.

If you didn't laugh you'd cry. What a shambles we are/have been the past 6 years.

Just now, Bears r us said:

Yes that is maybe true but what one person thinks is over the top and especially if your own job is on the line, and what others think could be two different things. Not knowing any facts is shite I would say.

Afraid it's the ones that matter who must think it was over the top hence the suspension - pending n investigation before you jump down my throat :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like those directly involved in this are all done at Rangers and its just now about what process takes place to ease them to the exits.

Miller and Wallace for having said and / or acted in a way that forces the Club to announce an investigation, and serious enough for the Club to feel it is correct to suspend them.   Whatever the views about the players it would seem there is no smoke without fire.   Whatever their views, their actions, their ways of working at the margins of Club authority and so on, they obviously stand accused of having said or done things that are not considered by the Directors to be acceptable or to be in the Club's interests and of sufficient seriousness to warrant their being suspended.   It seems to me well nigh impossible for them to recover from this and remain at Rangers.  Impossible.  The investigation is probably, imo, just about providing some sort of breathing space to put some time between the events giving rise to their suspension and the time they actually leave to pursue their careers elsewhere.  But, it seems to me, they are as good as gone.

Murty for demonstrating, a lot like Warburton, that he is singularly unable to generate enough respect among the players to properly command and lead a squad of professional football players and to keep them under proper command authority and control.   If he cannot lead and command effectively then he is done as a Rangers manager.    For the sake of giving an illusion of authority to be respected the first action is against the players (suspension followed by investigation) but I am in no doubt whatsoever that there is no way a Rangers Board could continue with Murty at the helm beyond this season if he cannot properly and effectively lead and control his players.   A manager who has lost effective command and control is not a manager, he is a manager in name only but not in reality.   He is surely bound to be removed by the board in reasonably short order at the end of the season with the reasons for removal sheltering under the convenient banner that he was only appointed to the end of the season anyway.  So Murty, it seems to me, will have to depart but he will depart more under the banner of just seeing the job for this season out and claiming it was always only about that anyway with the more fundamental reasons for ditching him remaining firmly behind closed doors- and investigation report - at Ibrox.

All 3 will go in fairly short order (I hope).   Maybe the 'investigation' will produce reasons for others to be joining them in heading out of the exits at Ibrox.  

To restore order after repeated management and player shambles it is essential that the Board appoint a properly experienced, credible and respected football manager.  One who knows how to lead players at a big club.   King, his DOF and his Board are presiding over a continuing clusterfuck of football management and performance.   Its up to them once again to fix it.  Their track record is repeated failure.   How many more times can they fail and continue to get away with it I wonder.   

These events, on top of the way the season has already gone produce a clear need for proper and effective leadership at Board level and at football manager level.  Can this board now act decisively to remedy things and put the football side on track to deliver a far better season next season?    It sure is going to be a lively end to the season and not for reasons of games of football to be played and final league positions to be determined.   Its gotten much bigger than that now.   

Archived