Miller and Wallace Suspended

12 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I agree but I will not be holding my breath. sit tight say fuck all and it will pass within a few days once the anger subsides seems to be the boards way of dealing with any sort of drama.

Oh fuck I know. You can never second guess our lot.

However, it does appear all the planets are in alignment, albeit for all the wrong reasons. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a calamity of events in any 48 hours. The board will have taken notice, but what we don't know is their ultimate goal, because at the moment, it's not about winnng titles.

In our favour, between them, they've invested a pretty penny and I doubt Park is that wealthy to afford losing it. King just doesn't like losing a penny and he is well out of pocket. The drip feeding of loans was simply the wrong way to go about it, as was rebuilding the team every season on the cheap. Far better they put all up front to bring in better quality, but too late now of course.

Now, being so out of pocket they really need to start to thinking about how their recover their investment and unless there is a very rich benefactor waiting in the wings to pay them off, the only way I can see them do it, is by having a title winning team on that park and that will cost money. We win the title, they start getting their money back. Otherwise, if they continue with business as usual and we remain also rans, the fans will simply vote with their feet and it leaves them to personally fill the financial. It's a leap of faith, but that is the dilema they are faced with.

Let's hope it comes down in our favour!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Don't agree in this scenario...the manager should have the balls to deal with it himself. I'd far rather someone was venting just how unacceptable Sunday was than worrying about undermining an interim manager completely and utterly out of his depth.

However if it has come to blows then the right decision has been taken as that is unacceptable for any work place.

How was he meant to deal with it?  If they had expressed their opinion privately I dare say it could have been dealt with.  However having undermined Murty in front of the full team, it’s pretty difficult to retrieve that situation.  Murty is on borrowed time in an incredibly weak position, it is highly unlikely that Miller or Wallace would have apologised and backed down on their words on Sunday.  I think going to the Board was a last throw of the dice for Murty, back me or I resign now.

1 minute ago, orangecountry said:

Surely those two can't be suspended on the back of an 'argument' it had to be a lot more than that? Playing catch up here, have I missed something?

Wallace pinned Murty to the ground, Miller bit his upper leg and Halliday called him a fenian bastard whilst this was happening

2 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Surely those two can't be suspended on the back of an 'argument' it had to be a lot more than that? Playing catch up here, have I missed something?

David Edgar on his pod suggested that the board were probably be more than happy to suspend both because of leaks coming out of both of their camps and the fact Murty he already said to them before the game that Miller was undermining him.

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Thats spot on , players get away with shit like this because of a weak manager and they know it. Miller would never attempt the billy bigbaws with a Smith or Souness.

Unfortunately, once you start getting into the position of appointing a new manager ever six months or so, player revolt becomes part of the territory.

41 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fucking hell, 42 pages already, I don't think there's been that much hysteria in here since King took power.

TBH, all the knee jerking aside and this one's a cunt, or the other one's a cunt, when you cut through all the shite, all that matters really is our club. Good and bad managers and players will come and.go, but it's only the health of our club that matters.

Sure, this is another PR faux pas, but fuck it, we get shafted by all and sundry no matter what we do.

Big picture is our manager isn't up to it and needs replaced and likewise with many of our players. There are many who need offloaded and Miller and Wallace are two of them. Just a pity it has ended so acrimoniously.  

If we look to a return to former glories and recover all that we have lost, including restoring our prestige, our integrity and none the least, our dignity, then this board seriously need to make a serious step change in how they run our club.

King and Park are no dummies, albeit they would make you wonder at times, but they do know what is needed, from investment, to standards, to leadership and governance. More than ever they need a winning team on that park if they are ever to recoup their investment, but it's the how and the means to do it are the difficult parts, but it is their day job and they need to take ownership of that in reality for the first time in their tenure.

We need a significant clear out of the deadwood, of all those players who simply are not good enough to take us to a title and that board also need cleansed and you can start with Murray and Robertson who for me add nothing to our cause.

On Sunday we all witnessed an outright humiliation by our deadliest rival and if that didn't show us and our board just how far we are behind, nothing will. They laughed in our faces. We witnessed petulance and indiscipline from players in what was one of our worst performances in living memory.

In the last 24 hours we have seen a very public and pointed personal attack by Boyd on King and this board. A banner demo at Auchenhowie. Two senior players suspended. 

Now we do not even need to go back six years to learn the lessons to see just how dysfunctional amongst many other negatives that we are, as all our woes just burst their banks in one mad 48 hours in April 2018. 

As I said King and Park are not stupid men, but I think this last 48 hours may just be the tipping point for them to get their collective fingers out of their fucking erses and get fucking serious about doing the right thing by this great and honourable institution.

I have little interest in these last five games as they are not the main event and no doubt the taigs will hump us, but ffs, at least lets go down with a fight if it has to be that. 

I am far more interested in this board delivering a coherent plan for our future. That transparency thing that King alluded to when taking power, but never materialised. That's where it is all at. No more sharp talk and bullshit. Just be honest with the fans. We are all adults, we can take it. They need to be honest as to wether we can afford to make a challenge and the amount of investment coming from their end, or even the realistic plans to do so, will tell all. No more moanbeams as that only leads to further disappointment and division in the ranks and the laughing stock of Scottish football. We are supposed to be in it together after all. 

This board need to take a long hard look in the mirror and decide if they are the men they say they are to take us forward and deliver the success we fully deserve and crave. If not, they do their utmost to find new stewards of this institution and step aside, even if it means they take a personal hit and only then will they show they are real Rangers men.

Let us all hope they step up to the plate and do the right thing, that they should have done from the beginnning. Over to them....

You say they are not stupid men yet they appointed Robertson,Pedro and Allen, not exactly the work of geniuses. I won’t even go into the murty clusterfuck.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Wallace pinned Murty to the ground, Miller bit his upper leg and Halliday called him a fenian bastard whilst this was happening

Obv cos miller had his mouth full. It's that kind of team work we need on the park! We're his trousers pulled down or did he go through his suit trousers?

Just now, Siwel said:

David Edgar on his pod suggested that the board were probably be more than happy to suspend both because of leaks coming out of both of their camps and the fact Murty he already said to them before the game that Miller was undermining him.

Yet Murty started Miller last week and had him on Bench on Sunday..

As for the leaks....LOL

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

As for the leaks....LOL

I have no idea how good DE's information is but my guess it comes from a board person or close to a board person, so it will always have that slant to it. 

The old 'leaks' accusation has been used plenty today without any evidence IMO.

15 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Edgar doesn't like Miller and is quite Pro Board he has a good pod I enjoy it but he's a bit of a board Luvvy.

Never trust a man with sideburns.

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

As for the leaks....LOL

Also, Miller celebrated with him after scoring when he started the last game.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Edgar doesn't like Miller and is quite Pro Board he has a good pod I enjoy it but he's a bit of a board Luvvy.

Never trust a man with sideburns.

Hasnt sounded pro board at all recently mate but he was definitely siding against Wallace and Miller on this occasion.

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have no idea how good DE's information is but my guess it comes from a board person or close to a board person, so it will always have that slant to it. 

The old 'leaks' accusation has been used plenty today without any evidence IMO.

Who was first with news about suspensions.. The Sun (the clubs paper of choice for exclusives.

We then have The Rangers observer smearing our captain.

the 4lads blog has at least 1 article.

D Edgar has news.

The absolute irony of suspending  someone for leaking info..

BTW, really enjoy the Heart and Hand podcast. Davie Edgar is always fair and critical of club when it’s required.

Just now, Siwel said:

Hasnt sounded pro board at all recently mate but he was definitely siding against Wallace and Miller on this occasion.

There's not many FF admin who are not Pro Board.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Who was first with news about suspensions.. The Sun (the clubs paper of choice for exclusives.

D Edgar has news.

Also, Rab Marshall posted a very Pro-Board post just out the blue the day before on FF he was fed info as well.

Anyone see STV there ? 

Said Wallace wanted to debrief the game in the dressing room but Murty didn’t then Wallace vented his anger on the performance and tactics and Miller joined him. STV understands that they were supported with other players in the squad. The board have taken a dim view on it and saying it could be the final straw for the 2 of them and backing Murty. 

Thats what STV said on it on the news at 6. 

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone see STV there ? 

Said Wallace wanted to debrief the game in the dressing room but Murty didn’t then Wallace vented his anger on the performance and tactics and Miller joined him. STV understands that they were supported with other players in the squad. The board have taken a dim view on it and saying it could be the final straw for the 2 of them and backing Murty. 

Thats what STV said on it on the news at 6. 

If that’s how it’s played out you cant suspend players for that.

You need a manager with a backbone.

I refuse to believe Wallace and Miller have done something massively untoward. 

Venting their frustration is what I'd expect them to do, especially since they didn't play. 

I wonder if the Barton incident has set a dangerous precedent that will have helped Murty's case.

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

D Edgar has news.

It's been drip drip all day with bits added about Wallace refusing to play but being fit, now STV were making out Wallace was orchestrating it and Miller backing him up, it's a mess with the fans not knowing whats going on.

It's just a shame Dave King is nowhere to be sen to give us that transparency we were promised.....

Archived