Miller and Wallace Suspended

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

All fenian jokes aside he mentions his Dad being the celtic fan and that celtic were featured in his household. He doesn't once say he was a boyhood celtic fan like some of them do. If he was, he'd have said it there quite easily. 

You can't help what you are born into and Murty is no dfferent. 

There's loads to slate him for, I think he shows celtic far too much respect but I also thought that about guys like McCoist and Smith too not to mention creeps like Barry Ferguson ... they have always thought differently to your normal Rangers fan when it comes to that.

I'm a Rangers supporter my sons a Rangers supporter his sons a Rangers supporter. You failed as a Father if it's any other way.

I expect the same from Murty's dad.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Heard Murty scream back at least my team got a win today.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/murtys-delight-at-bhoys-clash-4249205

The atmosphere at their dump being second to none should have seen the prick booted the fuck out of the club.

2 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I dont bud.

I just find the whole set of circumstances astonishing. Can anyone imagine Jock Wallace not giving under performing payers an absolute rosting in case it caused conflict or finger pointing ?

We must have some really tender wee souls in the dressing room thesed days - no wonder they appear to lack the bottle or spirit to fight for the jersey

Cluster fuck of a situation.  A combination of players either past it, don’t have it, don’t care, care a lot but don’t have it and a manager without the character, experience or nerve to stand up to them in what is starting to be suggested as a collective attack (again speculative). He just doesn’t have it in him to deal with that, to your point a Wallace or Souness - that’s a pay per view I’d have bought. 

Ive said earlier if they are venting because they are embarrassed or frustrated that’s fine, if they are attacking the guy (as suggested) due to their mate being subbed they can leave alongside him imo. 

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

The Board has to back the manager they have appointed.  You cannot have players undermining the managers authority whoever he is.  They let it go when it happened to Pedro and they are now reaping what they sowed.

Don't agree in this scenario...the manager should have the balls to deal with it himself. I'd far rather someone was venting just how unacceptable Sunday was than worrying about undermining an interim manager completely and utterly out of his depth.

However if it has come to blows then the right decision has been taken as that is unacceptable for any work place.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I'm a Rangers supporter my sons a Rangers supporter his sons a Rangers supporter. You failed as a Father if it's any other way.

I expect the same from Murty's dad.

Well Murty's father failed, so fuck? it still doesn't give any indication there he's a celtic fan. Not one.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Well Murty's father failed, so fuck? it still doesn't give any indication there he's a celtic fan. Not one.

Whether murty supports then or not is an irrelevance to me. His ability to manage a team both on a personnel level and also from a tactical level is what matters.

He lacks in both and needs to be gone pronto. Maybe the boards conclusion to the investigation will be that the 2 players are goners and so too is the manager.

2 minutes ago, markem said:

Cluster fuck of a situation.  A combination of players either past it, don’t have it, don’t care, care a lot but don’t have it and a manager without the character, experience or nerve to stand up to them in what is starting to be suggested as a collective attack (again speculative). He just doesn’t have it in him to deal with that, to your point a Wallace or Souness - that’s a pay per view I’d have bought. 

Ive said earlier if they are venting because they are embarrassed or frustrated that’s fine, if they are attacking the guy (as suggested) due to their mate being subbed they can leave alongside him imo. 

We continue to create this circus bud - you wonder what Level 5 actually do at the club.

Senior pros seeing an underchieving, underperforming squad being mollycoddled by  guy who should be nowehere near the manager's job.

Talk about  perfect storm - or an omni shambles - take your pick

Fucking hell, 42 pages already, I don't think there's been that much hysteria in here since King took power.

TBH, all the knee jerking aside and this one's a cunt, or the other one's a cunt, when you cut through all the shite, all that matters really is our club. Good and bad managers and players will come and.go, but it's only the health of our club that matters.

Sure, this is another PR faux pas, but fuck it, we get shafted by all and sundry no matter what we do.

Big picture is our manager isn't up to it and needs replaced and likewise with many of our players. There are many who need offloaded and Miller and Wallace are two of them. Just a pity it has ended so acrimoniously.  

If we look to a return to former glories and recover all that we have lost, including restoring our prestige, our integrity and none the least, our dignity, then this board seriously need to make a serious step change in how they run our club.

King and Park are no dummies, albeit they would make you wonder at times, but they do know what is needed, from investment, to standards, to leadership and governance. More than ever they need a winning team on that park if they are ever to recoup their investment, but it's the how and the means to do it are the difficult parts, but it is their day job and they need to take ownership of that in reality for the first time in their tenure.

We need a significant clear out of the deadwood, of all those players who simply are not good enough to take us to a title and that board also need cleansed and you can start with Murray and Robertson who for me add nothing to our cause.

On Sunday we all witnessed an outright humiliation by our deadliest rival and if that didn't show us and our board just how far we are behind, nothing will. They laughed in our faces. We witnessed petulance and indiscipline from players in what was one of our worst performances in living memory.

In the last 24 hours we have seen a very public and pointed personal attack by Boyd on King and this board. A banner demo at Auchenhowie. Two senior players suspended. 

Now we do not even need to go back six years to learn the lessons to see just how dysfunctional amongst many other negatives that we are, as all our woes just burst their banks in one mad 48 hours in April 2018. 

As I said King and Park are not stupid men, but I think this last 48 hours may just be the tipping point for them to get their collective fingers out of their fucking erses and get fucking serious about doing the right thing by this great and honourable institution.

I have little interest in these last five games as they are not the main event and no doubt the taigs will hump us, but ffs, at least lets go down with a fight if it has to be that. 

I am far more interested in this board delivering a coherent plan for our future. That transparency thing that King alluded to when taking power, but never materialised. That's where it is all at. No more sharp talk and bullshit. Just be honest with the fans. We are all adults, we can take it. They need to be honest as to wether we can afford to make a challenge and the amount of investment coming from their end, or even the realistic plans to do so, will tell all. No more moanbeams as that only leads to further disappointment and division in the ranks and the laughing stock of Scottish football. We are supposed to be in it together after all. 

This board need to take a long hard look in the mirror and decide if they are the men they say they are to take us forward and deliver the success we fully deserve and crave. If not, they do their utmost to find new stewards of this institution and step aside, even if it means they take a personal hit and only then will they show they are real Rangers men.

Let us all hope they step up to the plate and do the right thing, that they should have done from the beginnning. Over to them....

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fucking hell, 42 pages already, I don't think there's been that much hysteria in here since King took power.

TBH, all the knee jerking aside and this one's a cunt, or the other one's a cunt, when you cut through all the shite, all that matters really is our club. Good and bad managers and players will come and.go, but it's only the health of our club that matters.

Sure, this is another PR faux pas, but fuck it, we get shafted by all and sundry no matter what we do.

Big picture is our manager isn't up to it and needs replaced and likewise with many of our players. There are many who need offloaded and Miller and Wallace are two of them. Just a pity it has ended so acrimoniously.  

If we look to a return to former glories and recover all that we have lost, including restoring our prestige, our integrity and none the least, our dignity, then this board seriously need to make a serious step change in how they run our club.

King and Park are no dummies, albeit they would make you wonder at times, but they do know what is needed, from investment, to standards, to leadership and governance. More than ever they need a winning team on that park if they are ever to recoup their investment, but it's the how and the means to do it are the difficult parts, but it is their day job and they need to take ownership of that in reality for the first time in their tenure.

We need a significant clear out of the deadwood, of all those players who simply are not good enough to take us to a title and that board also need cleansed and you can start with Murray and Robertson who for me add nothing to our cause.

On Sunday we all witnessed an outright humiliation by our deadliest rival and if that didn't show us and our board just how far we are behind, nothing will. They laughed in our faces. We witnessed petulance and indiscipline from players in what was one of our worst performances in living memory.

In the last 24 hours we have seen a very public and pointed personal attack by Boyd on King and this board. A banner demo at Auchenhowie. Two senior players suspended. 

Now we do not even need to go back six years to learn the lessons to see just how dysfunctional amongst many other negatives that we are, as all our woes just burst their banks in one mad 48 hours in April 2018. 

As I said King and Park are not stupid men, but I think this last 48 hours may just be the tipping point for them to get their collective fingers out of their fucking erses and get fucking serious about doing the right thing by this great and honourable institution.

I have little interest in these last five games as they are not the main event and no doubt the taigs will hump us, but ffs, at least lets go down with a fight if it has to be that. 

I am far more interested in this board delivering a coherent plan for our future. That transparency thing that King alluded to when taking power, but never materialised. That's where it is all at. No more sharp talk and bullshit. Just be honest with the fans. We are all adults, we can take it. They need to be honest as to wether we can afford to make a challenge and the amount of investment coming from their end, or even the realistic plans to do so, will tell all. No more moanbeams as that only leads to further disappointment and division in the ranks and the laughing stock of Scottish football. We are supposed to be in it together after all. 

This board need to take a long hard look in the mirror and decide if they are the men they say they are to take us forward and deliver the success we fully deserve and crave. If not, they do their utmost to find new stewards of this institution and step aside, even if it means they take a personal hit and only then will they show they are real Rangers men.

Let us all hope they step up to the plate and do the right thing, that they should have done from the beginnning. Over to them....

I agree but I will not be holding my breath. sit tight say fuck all and it will pass within a few days once the anger subsides seems to be the boards way of dealing with any sort of drama.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sure, this is another PR faux pas,

Thats twice now in 2 days BA - should one of us be worried ?

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

When he said Parkhead is a lovely place to come and play and watch football, even in the Hampden interview he said I have been up for an old firm game at Hampden before and had a wee pause where I thought aye supporting the scum you arsehole. 

Fair enough you think different.

45 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What were the other reasons? if he's not really gave examples of these other reasons, you can safely assume that's the over-riding issue as it's the big one he felt worth mentioning.

Don't know haven't listened to it just going off what I've read

There will be leaks from both sides to try and justify themselves/discredit the others but all we know for a fact is Murty refused to critisice the players incase it led to a confrontation. That for me makes him fair game for anything he got.

I was like you defended him more than most and was desperate for him to succeed but that is the most disgusting/spineless/embarrassing thing I've ever heard from a Rangers employee. He's an absolute disgusting excuse of a man for coming out with that.

39 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Thing is though Kenny has been there so long he thinks he’s entitled, he thinks he know better than any manager we bring in now.  Murty is culpable for the last six months but Miller and Wallace have been there to see off McCoist, McCall, Warburton, Pedro and now Murty and all the debacles along the way.  When are the most professional players we have had the last few years going to accept some responsibility of their own, rather than scapegoat the manager when things start to get tough.

Never heard of him being a problem when Walter Smith was the manager, in fact he was often complimentary about Miller.

Murty shouldn’t be the manager but I do feel some sympathy towards him as he has been put in an envidious position by the Board.  You could say he shouldn’t have accepted the job but after McDowall and McInnes I’m not going to condemn the man for taking an opportunity.   He was always going to struggle to control and maintain authority in the dressing room.  You can get away with it to some extent when you are winning but once you go on a losing run, even the best, most experienced managers have difficulty ‘retaining’ the dressing room.  Murty has very little in his locker to achieve this, he had a good playing career but hardly stellar so no player was going to respect him for that alone, he had no experience / past record in first team management,  he was a caretaker manager given only a limited time in the job, he appeared to be given little say in who was awarded new contracts, and he didn’t have the aggressive personality of a Souness or Wallace to pin someone against the wall if he gave him lip.  

He was a totally inexperienced and limited manager put in an incredibly weak position to retain authority.  It is little wonder some of the senior players took advantage of this weakness in order to scapegoat him after Sunday’s debacle.  Easier than looking closer to home. I suspect Murty has gone to the Board and told them he would resign immediately unless he got some backing on this.  Having put him the untenable position in the first place, don’t think they had any choice but to back him, which is the first correct decision they have made in the whole sad affair.

23 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He lacks in both and needs to be gone pronto. Maybe the boards conclusion to the investigation will be that the 2 players are goners and so too is the manager.

This is how i expect it to play out.

35 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I dont bud.

I just find the whole set of circumstances astonishing. Can anyone imagine Jock Wallace not giving under performing payers an absolute rosting in case it caused conflict or finger pointing ?

We must have some really tender wee souls in the dressing room thesed days - no wonder they appear to lack the bottle or spirit to fight for the jersey

Pedro was the same. He wouldn't tackle taking about poor performances with the team in the dressing room after the game either.   Maybe managers these days treat their payers with kid gloves to avoid harming their fragile egos.

11 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

Never heard of him being a problem when Walter Smith was the manager, in fact he was often complimentary about Miller.

God, that’s so long ago I can hardly remember it.  

I don’t think Miller would have dared doing what he has done over the last year to Walter.  Couple of differences.  We were mostly winning at that time so there would be little to complain or scapegoat someone for.  Walter was an older, far more experienced manager with a string of successes behind him.

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

God, that’s so long ago I can hardly remember it.  

I don’t think Miller would have dared doing what he has done to over the last year to Walter.  Couple of differences.  We were mostly winning at that time so there would be little to complain or scapegoat someone for.  Walter was an older, far more experienced manager with a string of successes behind him.

Thats spot on , players get away with shit like this because of a weak manager and they know it. Miller would never attempt the billy bigbaws with a Smith or Souness.

Archived