Statement from A Johnston

islandblue

52 minutes ago, Hamilton_Coops said:

Dave Edgar said one of his commentators on H & H said this wasn't entirely a bad move and tbh I sort of concur. If AJ had said we're in a mess and it's a really difficult job to sort it out, who would take the job if it was offered? The problem I have was the timing of it. If Johnson saw what we saw and witnessed the explosion of loathing for us in the mhedia by the usual suspects, he could have been more tactful or waited for a week.

However it's also a good move to back Murty when he goes up against players because the prospective manager sees that the board has his back. Just imagine if they fired Murty on Monday and Wallace still has a way back. That would scare any manager off any club. Just a thought but for what it's worth Johnson showed a lack of tact in his timing. If we beat Hearts he could then talk to the mhedia. Mind you they always put us in a bad light anyway.

DE blue pound chaser ?

20 minutes ago, Hamilton_Coops said:

I think Wattie for a year to sort things out would be a good move. Gets the best out of people and zero tolerance for bullshit.....exactly what we need just now

I'll take any credibility just now because there is not an iota left there running the show, Ā poor Wattie will be getting his 100th telegram from the Palace sent straight to Ibrox if we don't get our act together !

Having read the statement twice it would appear that he doesn't realise that had we not lost stupid games against Killie, HIVs, Hamilton and St. Johnstone (and that fkn game against the tims) we would be winning this league.

The "this is where we are" pish is not remotely acceptable. If he spewed that shite through a microphone on the park this Sunday there would be a fucking riot. So why spew it through the media and why through the Sun? Enough is enough with these cunts, just get tae fuck.

55 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Having read the statement twice it would appear that he doesn't realise that had we not lost stupid games against Killie, HIVs, Hamilton and St. Johnstone (and that fkn game against the tims) we would be winning this league.

The "this is where we are" pish is not remotely acceptable. If he spewed that shite through a microphone on the park this Sunday there would be a fucking riot. So why spew it through the media and why through the Sun? Enough is enough with these cunts, just get tae fuck.

I said that yesterday on here and got told "we didn't win them but". I say it again, if we won 5 out of the 7 games we lost at home, we'd be top by 2 points. All we had to do was diddy skelping and then the dhims games wouldn't have mattered

ā€œHopefully the curve will be fast but it is still going to be gradual, it is not going to happen overnight." If your auntie had baws she'dĀ beĀ yourĀ uncle ! Truth be told guys like him have had it too good for too long contributing fuck all !

1 hour ago, Falcoholic said:

Football doesn't work like that and you know it. We've been well beaten in the league this season.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Football doesn't work like that and you know it. We've been well beaten in the league this season.Ā 

You contradicted yourself with your last post and this one. Football clubs can change very quickly. Look at Killie, bottom of the league and playing shite fitba (worse than us) and now they're fifth and have beaten us at Ibrox and the vermin at RP.Ā 

8 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Genuinely donā€™t think the board are bothered with this ten in a row stuff.

They arenā€™t willing to put up the money required to get us back to the top right now so it will come in dribs and drabs, most of it from season ticket holders. By that time the mhanks will have sealed ten and have pulled further in front of us with Championā€™s League income.

Edgar summed it up, wouldĀ these successful businessmen run their own business the way they do Rangers?

Have the boy who does the filing and makes the teaĀ stepping in and covering the area managers job for 6 months?

Would they fuck.

Did King not say in the summer that they were only at 2 in a row? :lol:Ā 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Did King not say in the summer that they were only at 2 in a row? :lol:Ā 

Dinky is not in the same world as the rest of us.

Never knew this would happen with a Rangers man at the helm with oooooooodles of money, I am sure I have had pure support for him from the start.

11 minutes ago, Hamilton_Coops said:

You contradicted yourself with your last post and this one. Football clubs can change very quickly. Look at Killie, bottom of the league and playing shite fitba (worse than us) and now they're fifth and have beaten us at Ibrox and the vermin at RP.Ā 

Right and they finished fifth. They haven't had a sniff of winning anything.Ā 

I guess the right wording is football very rarely works like that. The oft quoted example of Leicester is the exception that proves the rule. We've in reality not been anywhere near the title this season. The scum have barely came under any pressure since we've been shite.Ā 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Right and they finished fifth. They haven't had a sniff of winning anything.Ā 

I guess the right wording is football very rarely works like that. The oft quoted example of Leicester is the exception that proves the rule. We've in reality not been anywhere near the title this season. The scum have barely came under any pressure since we've been shite.Ā 

They've been awful and Brenda tends to buy his way into trouble as he did with Liverpool. I take your point about us though because it doesn't look like things are going to change but we have had terrible management at a football level. An experienced manager will get rid of chancers at coaching and player level

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Rangers are ahead of the curve in their recovery despite the current disarray at Ibrox, according to director Alastair Johnston.

The Ibrox club were in the bottom tier of Scottish football in 2012 after their financial implosion and are now in their second season back in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

Ā CAlastair Johnston says Rangers are doing better than he expected since the dark days of 2012

But the chasm between the second-placedĀ Light BluesĀ and rivalsĀ celticĀ was again highlighted in Sundayā€™s Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden Park, where a 4-0 thrashing extended Gersā€™ winless run against Brendan Rodgersā€™ side to 10 games.

To add to Rangersā€™ woes, club captain Lee Wallace and veteran striker Kenny Miller were suspended pending an investigation into claims of a heated exchange with Graeme Murty, who after a second spell as caretaker was in December given the managerā€™s job until the end of the season.

Johnston insists Murtyā€™s position is currently being evaluated in an ā€œobjectiveā€ way.

But asked about the clubā€™s progress since coming back to the top flight in 2016, he told PA Sport: ā€œWe are probably doing a little better than we would have imagined back in the dark days of running out at Brechin in the fourth tier.

NY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW

Johnston says they wonā€™t be rushed into a decision over Murtyā€™s future

ā€œSo you have to look back. The fans have been terrific, as I would have expected them to be, to hang in there and hopefully they will be rewarded.

ā€œIn terms of looking forward from where we were four or five years ago at the bottom, the progress that has been gradually made, we are probably ahead of the curve in reality if we finish second or third.

ā€œWe are making progress.

ā€œHopefully the curve will be fast but it is still going to be gradual, it is not going to happen overnight.ā€

Rangers supporters, however, are still reeling from their sideā€™s dismal performance at the weekend and they see celtic on the cusp of their seventh successive league title and a Scottish Cup final win over Motherwell away from an unprecedented successive domestic treble.

It is widely believed there will be a new boss in place at Ibrox for next season.

However, USA-based Johnston, who joined the Rangers board last June having been chairman of the club between 2009 and 2011, insists the board will take emotion out of their decision on the future of the clubā€™s former under-20s coach.

He said: ā€œWe have had the discipline of saying that we will evaluate the situation at the end of the season and the reason that we chose that is that at any given time during the period of his tenure there has been a lot of support for him and sometimes there has been not so much support.

ā€œWe as a board have to take a very objective view and not be kind of swayed by the last result, whether it is positive or negative.

ā€œCertainly the weekend wasnā€™t a good weekend for us. I was there.

ā€œBut as I said we have to be disciplined as a board and not be swayed by the emotions at any one game.

ā€œWe have to look at the big picture. We owe that to the club, thatā€™s what we are in place to do.ā€

Just like Iā€™ve said - I like AJ!Ā :whistle:

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A bit far there mate :lol:Ā 

Replace him with @Siwel, think he's been banned as well anyway

Nah BlueAvenger wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I liked his posts. I've noticed a lot people on forums and social media can't handle those types of characters without going into meltdown.

Might have been a bit of a bulshitter with his corporate stuff and what he's done professionally, but I don't think he said a lot wrong when it came to Rangers - compared to some of the shit others spout - including Siwel. What's he binned for?Ā