Re-opening the Ibrox Railway station

Lloyd

1 minute ago, miracle said:

I'm not saying it will help them, I am saying they are causing additional strain on the infrastructure in the surrounding area which leads to knock-on effects for everyone around, not just Rangers fans.   People who live in Ibrox/Cessnock etc might work in an area served by the new station and may well welcome additional rail links, I cant say cause I don't live there but it's less traffic on the roads. 

There's only strain on matchdays though. Outwith that there is plenty of capacity for transport options in the area. You would pretty much just be building a station for @Inigo to use exclusively to get to his work.

7 minutes ago, miracle said:

I'm not saying it will help them, I am saying they are causing additional strain on the infrastructure in the surrounding area which leads to knock-on effects for everyone around, not just Rangers fans.   People who live in Ibrox/Cessnock etc might work in an area served by the new station and may well welcome additional rail links, I cant say cause I don't live there but it's less traffic on the roads. 

I do. Dumbreck and the underground do just fine tbh.

Don't get me wrong in all this btw. New infrastructure is always good and if it happened, or Tannerall's mega investment plan did... I'd spunk til I resembled a man shaped raisin. It's just that I can see obvious reasons why it wouldn't be the top of the list for improvements as far as likely funders are concerned... and I don't mean conspiratorial reasons.

5 minutes ago, FSM said:

There's only strain on matchdays though. Outwith that there is plenty of capacity for transport options in the area. You would pretty much just be building a station for @Inigo to use exclusively to get to his work.

Spunk.

Also, building a train station isn't going to alleviate the road congestion around the stadium on matchdays, as people aren't going to suddenly switch from supporters buses or their cars just because they can now get to within a half mile walking distance of the stadium by train. It might alleviate some strain on the subway system for people going to/from the city centre, but that's about it.

24 minutes ago, miracle said:

We have a lot of fans from outside Glasgow FSM

Who probably mostly come by car or supporter bus. Building a train station won't make them now switch, especially if their journey will inevitably involve switching trains and levels at Central, or worse, having to walk from Queen St to Central to get the train to Ibrox.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Think there’s a bit more to it than the tracks being there, the track will need replaced with high quality metal to be compatable with howmany ever volts the trains run at and conduct then building the platforms and station and entrance/exits to a suitable standard - could take a while imo but should be done 

No work needed on the tracks mate as it presently in use for mainline services to Ayrshire.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that the station was next to the gas holder between the Albion and White City stadiums , and also served the line that was once behind the covered terrace / Centenary stand . Not sure when that line was closed , but sure we bought the cutting to infill with the old stand when we started the construction of the 3 new stands in the late 70's . ibrox1954.thumb.jpg.6f0b39ea4f84c3ff563fa37906150061.jpg

This picture is of the Ibrox area from 1954 .

10 hours ago, miracle said:

Looks like it needs a lot more work than simply telling the train to stop there:

TNP_200418_station_04JPG.jpg

Look at that fucking monolith monstrosity in the fucking background . Blocking the view of the Lions den from the top vantage point and Bella park

Shower of cunts

12 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I'm sure that I read somewhere that the station was next to the gas holder between the Albion and White City stadiums , and also served the line that was once behind the covered terrace / Centenary stand . Not sure when that line was closed , but sure we bought the cutting to infill with the old stand when we started the construction of the 3 new stands in the late 70's . ibrox1954.thumb.jpg.6f0b39ea4f84c3ff563fa37906150061.jpg

This picture is of the Ibrox area from 1954 .

I was told it was on the still existing and used line, but behind Helen Street cop shop there is a bit just off Ed Drive that looks like platforms that would have been on a now disused spur. Across from the wee Rangers club.

9 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It will take a lot more than £7m as quoted in that article.

This station

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/green-park-station-plans-given-13398939

which is going to be built in the middle of a field, will cost £16.5m, and take 15 months to build.  The stuff you see round about in the pictures is a new housing estate that's going to be built round it.  For Ibrox, I think at least £20m, probably more.

While we are on this subject bears

Watch out for stricter parking controls starting pretty soon

These Craigton  community council  cunts have been lobbying for tougher measures around our ground .

It's headed Traffic enforcement to the new IBROX EVENTS CONTROLS

Forgetting that Bella park hosts many music events and other sporting events continually throughout the year

Obviously this will be to target only Rangers fans on our match days and nothing else

Having lived over at Dennistoun . I can confirm . You can double park and more or less park where you want on match days. Without as much a traffic warden in site

Only thing is . Rangers only play around there twice a season . . A certain other club plays there much more often

In their latest press release . Phone numbers are issued for you to phone police , if your vehicle is obstructing  any paths

Parking tickets  to be issued by GCC . These muppets will be working one week on and the next off me thinks

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I was told it was on the still existing and used line, but behind Helen Street cop shop there is a bit just off Ed Drive that looks like platforms that would have been on a now disused spur. Across from the wee Rangers pub.

Aye , that looks more likely . These other pics would suggest so , The bottom picture looks like the now disused spur on the right of the train .

As an aside , I only recently found out that Roddy Grant's late dad Bobby , played one first team game for us in the early 60's .

5adb963ca40c8_ibroxstation.thumb.png.83467b739485b83410317ef96b151181.png

mcvods.thumb.jpg.dbf98c3d38d8ecd7616dc0f212fe6b62.jpg

10 hours ago, miracle said:

Looks like it needs a lot more work than simply telling the train to stop there:

TNP_200418_station_04JPG.jpg

knock down that wall and lay some flat concrete and put up some barriers, doesnt look like it would take much more than that, not that im a builder or an architect but its not like they need to put a new line in or anything 

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Mer chance of another moon landing and walk about and even that is debatable than this happening soon, mer shite to deflect the present shambles we are in.

Don't think saying a railway station might open up will deflect anything :lol:

8 hours ago, FSM said:

theres a big enough population in that area imo, i stay in a wee village with less than 2000 people less than a mile from bigger towns and weve got a train station, greenock has like 15 stations at least, i see no issue with adding a station at Ibrox, it would benefit the Rangers support as well as the local area. 

The easier it is to get to Ibrox from the city centre for tourists and fans the better and it would encourage development in the area