Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

The guy that won the Uefa Cup and La Liga twice with Valencia? And who won the Champions League with Liverpool? That donkey? 

Aye to be fair that was a bit harsh, few good results this season too - just have a dislike of the guy :lol:

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

made me smile on a shit day chin up mate :tu:

I wish I was joking, I reckon I could of won the league with they bastards as manager while actively trying to run them into the ground.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Yes I want him but i'll back any manager(DM or taig apart) Have you ever seen me on here saying I dont think he'll come player manager whoever it is...I make a cunt of it most of the time but i'll know leave anyone wondering what my opinion is:lol::lol::lol:

Then stop making a cunt of it like the Board do and start showing some logic and common sense like the Board don't.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Fuck me mate its is my opinion that SG wont look twice unless he has guaranteed mega money to turn over this squad.. Not making anything up being saying it since we heard talks began.

Do yo think he will come up here for a 10million transfer kitty?

How does he get this mega money?

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Do you think if Internet forums existed back in 1986 we’d be having these same discussions about souness?

btw, not saying this or that would happen, I don’t want gerrard, just wondering if it would have been the same back then because it is a similar situation.  Except we don’t have the funds to sign half the England team. 

Na if we hadn't been burned by warburton pedro murty most would be buzzing for this 

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So he's not 

Random..to Rangers?

Inexperienced...as a manager? 

Manager...of a football club?

1. See above. Wtf are you talking about?

For Rangers he is a random, inexperienced manager.

2. Players on the whole move for money, career development, their profile game time, to come home, etc far more than a random inexperienced fucking manager.

Tell me one player that has moved because of the pull of a great player who after a year of being an under 18s coach that took over a high profile but under performing club in a shit league? Just one.

What bit don’t you get? He isnt some ex scottish football journeyman who just happens to fancy a crack at management. He is a name respected and recognised throughout world football, regardless of whether you like it or not. 

I can name you countless players who, if money and terms are even similar, have been swayed by the manager and his reputation. You’re delusional if you think “come and play under steve clark at Rangers”, for example, would have the same pull as someone like Gerrard, for all all his inexperience. 

Edit: theres Alan Shearer and Ian Wright on MoTD saying you’re talking shite aswell! 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Whether this happens or not, quite refreshing to hear Shearer (and even Ian Wright) talk us and Gerrard up on MOTD2 there.

Had to laugh when Wrighty said "with all due respect to the rest", it's all about beating celtic.

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Sadly it feels like exactly what we need at this point. 

It's not enough man, 1 window or not.

miller, wallace, holt, goss, bates, alves, martin, cardoso, halloran, halliday, alnwick, fod, hodson, dalcio, herrera, pena, dodoo, forrester

There's 18 that we wont miss in the slighest.

Some take care of themselves (loans running out, contracts up etc) and some will be very hard to shift (1-2 years left and utter shite like halliday and moh etc)

But fact remains, they all need moved on this coming window.

Not just cause they're fucking dogshit, but because some of their attitudes will be a problem too.

I'd also sell whoever we could like Windass and Morelos. 

We need to move as many players as we can. A dozen out in the summer won't be enough. 20 maybe.

Doesn't mean 20 players are coming in though. Spent right on quality we wouldn't need 20 out 20 in.

Think about 12 of them still have contracts left to run. Will struggle to shift them

From front to back we were atrocious today. The defending for the goals was very poor and we had nothing up front to work off. Its true what some are saying in that we need an overhaul and a manager who is focused and can recruit quality starting with building a solid defensive unit. I'd rather an experienced manager with a background of proven success came in but I'm willing to give Gerrard a fair chance as he appears to have an attitude of being a winner and could be very good. Its a gamble but sometimes they come up trumps. 

Gutted but defiant. Fuck the bheasts.

Does anyone know how much Holmes handed Souness to boost the team back in the 80s. Must have been a fortune to attract the likes of Butcher and Woods, but then again they had no European football.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Fuck me mate its is my opinion that SG wont look twice unless he has guaranteed mega money to turn over this squad.. Not making anything up being saying it since we heard talks began.

Do yo think he will come up here for a 10million transfer kitty?

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How does he get this mega money?

If Gerrard is named the manager. He is not coming here without guarantees that he gets the budget to overhaul the sqaud.

Money for this is likely coming out of season ticket money, new kit deal, board members being asked to stump up more and possible new investment. 

Just now, cushynumber said:

he has a net worth of between $65m-$100M. he could buy the players himself and just give them to us...:lol:

Did Fergie not do that when he was manager of Clyde? :lol: Obviously on a much smaller scale.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Whether this happens or not, quite refreshing to hear Shearer (and even Ian Wright) talk us and Gerrard up on MOTD2 there.

Gerrard is probably disbelieving it all in his house we have been the talk of the football world for days sadly we'll need to step aside for the champions league semi's that our manager is gonna be at:lol: 

4 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

Gary bloody Neville was a strong personality on the pitch and won everything as a player plus was tactically astute on tv but when it came to being an actual manager...was pish!! 

Ally was a good player, Rangers man, even featured regularly on Question of Sport FFS.  I don't think you can judge a person at all on their playing days, or the quality of their TV punditry, management is a skill unto its own.  With that being said, it's best that rookies learn that trade in the lower leagues where the pressure is off, they can afford to make mistakes, and have the time to grow in to the role.  At Rangers results will be expected instantly or the guy wont make it until the end of the season.  It'll be another fucking car crash.  Afterwards, it'll be the same 'we need an experienced manager' reaction again and rightly so because we need stability here.  I find it unbelievable that we're about to make the same mistake again and our own fans are buying in to it - Will we ever learn?

Archived