Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

If we hadn’t been fucked over due to the likes of Warburton and Pedro I suspect in using your head the appointment of Gerrard wouldn’t be so bad. 

Im sure you will be happy to be proved wrong if/when it does work out.

McCoist double golden boot winner, Rangers legend, everyone loved him, respected him. Studied under one of our greatest living managers, Walter Smith.

What could go wrong?

I will be ecstatic if I am wrong, doesn't mean I will be.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Because I am going by past experience and remembering historical events.

It is what happens once you gain experience, it allows you to have a better insight into what is happening presently and what can happen in the future.

Maybe you'll see what I'm getting at.

Sorry mate, I'm really just too thick to get how you explained it all to me with the teachers and pupils and dogs and caravans. I just don't understand it at all. Could you make it a bit more simple for me?

Did you mean something like that?

3 minutes ago, markem said:

Far form it mate tbh. On the edge - and I guess you are too. 

Thing is because you are using what you consider to be your head after heart doesn’t mean you are right - you might be mate but your guess in this isn’t better than anyone else’s.  

It is a guess, just like everyone else, but it is an educated one.

We have all been educated by our history and events elsewhere. People are using strange comparisons - Souness.

So when is Gerrard signing the England Captain etc just like Souness did?

It's laziness because they want a big name at Rangers.

I'd love Gerrard to be involved but it's not a good idea. I understand the pros and cons but just now we cannot take such a huge gamble. It is time for less of a gamble, someone who has actually managed would be less of a gamble.

I would have thought most would agree with that.

The guys on sunday supplement put it forward well.

If he comes here and does well that gives Gerrard the chance to go straight to liverpool from ourselves.

There is not another club he could go to then head straight for liverpool he'd need a job in between 

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Gerrard is apparently getting 1million a year

I find that highly unlikely tbh! Surely for that kind of money we could go and get a top manager with a track record? Lucky if Steve Clarke is on £50k a year FS!

4 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Sorry mate, I'm really just too thick to get how you explained it all to me with the teachers and pupils and dogs and caravans. I just don't understand it at all. Could you make it a bit more simple for me?

Did you mean something like that?

At least we can agree on one thing

Just now, B1872 said:

I find that highly unlikely tbh! Surely for that kind of money we could go and get a top manager with a track record? Lucky if Steve Clarke is on £50k a year FS!

That’s what I though too tbh if he’s actually on anything near that then surely we could go for someone higher calibre. 

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We have all been educated by our history and events elsewhere. People are using strange comparisons - Souness.

I'd love Gerrard to be involved but it's not a good idea. I understand the pros and cons but just now we cannot take such a huge gamble. It is time for less of a gamble, someone who has actually managed would be less of a gamble.

Appreciate that mate, thing is any gamble is one alternative against the other, whTbis the other?

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

That’s £20k a week. Why is that so unrealistic?

Were we not paying Pedro £600k? Just can’t see us nearly doubling the salary for an unproven manager.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

McCoist double golden boot winner, Rangers legend, everyone loved him, respected him. Studied under one of our greatest living managers, Walter Smith.

What could go wrong?

I will be ecstatic if I am wrong, doesn't mean I will be.

I don’t think any of us is saying that it’s a dead cert. One things for certain it’s a bold move. Any manager coming into Rangers with our current shite as players, will be a massive risk.

We got turned down by a fucking sheep manager, we need someone to re-establish our reputation.

Just now, markem said:

Appreciate that mate, thing is any gamble is one alternative against the other, whTbis the other?

I'd even say MPH is a more likely candidate, if he understands the club that is. He publicly stated his interest and has been a success every where he's been. 

But I'm only going by what I've read, I would rather we went for a no nonsense British manager, even someone like Warnock - and I don't like the guy - would in my opinion be a larger step in the right direction than Gerrard.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

I don’t think any of us is saying that it’s a dead cert. One things for certain it’s a bold move. Any manager coming into Rangers with our current shite as players, will be a massive risk.

We got turned down by a fucking sheep manager, we need someone to re-establish our reputation.

Pedro Caixinha was a bold move, no one had heard of him.

Boldness can be stupidity in disguise 

14 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Rangers were getting crowds of between 15 and 20,000 before Souness came,he was the catalyst to Rangers realising there full potential in terms of attendances and the revenue that generates,whilst Gerrard would be coming into the club which has maxed out in terms of crowds and funding.

The two scenarios could not be more unalike, people are kidding themselves on if they think Gerrard is the next Souness.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

At least we can agree on one thing

Let's put it like this. 

Say I'm your da and I'm wanting your maw to suck my boaby, but I want her to try something different. So I explain it to her clearly, write it down on a blackboard with diagrams n shit, but she's just no grasping it. So I start thinking to myself, she's never going to get this and it's fucking things up. So I go on the tinder transfer market and get a replacement, said replacement comes in and I tell her what to do once. She then drops to her knees and does it perfect, first time like a dream. So, that's it, your maws benched. So she starts acting like a cunt and trying to upset things, so I send her to sleep in the shed until she can get a cooncil house somewhere away to fuck out the way. Then we start making progress.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Rangers were getting crowds of between 15 and 20,000 before Souness came,he was the catalyst to Rangers realising there full potential in terms of attendances and the revenue that generates,whilst Gerrard would be coming into the club which has has maxed out in terms of crowds and funding.

The two scenarios could not be more unalike, people are kidding themselves on if they think Gerrard is the next Souness.

Agreed

I can understand why people feel the way they do, it is utter shite we have had to put up with as a support for a long long time - and Gerrard coming has almost triggered a massive fantasy. I have no doubt King knew this would happen and is rubbing his little grubby hands as we speak.

1 minute ago, SheriffHood said:

Let's put it like this. 

Say I'm your da and I'm wanting your maw to suck my boaby, but I want her to try something different. So I explain it to her clearly, write it down on a blackboard with diagrams n shit, but she's just no grasping it. So I start thinking to myself, she's never going to get this and it's fucking things up. So I go on the tinder transfer market and get a replacement, said replacement comes in and I tell her what to do once. She then drops to her knees and does it perfect, first time like a dream. So, that's it, your maws benched. So she starts acting like a cunt and trying to upset things, so I send her to sleep in the shed until she can get a cooncil house somewhere away to fuck out the way. Then we start making progress.

Sorry mate, got a boner while reading that, couldn't take the words in properly.

Archived