PES 2019 to include fully licensed Scottish Premier League

Iron Proddy

2 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Ill likely be buying both but from the sounds of it I’ll be mostly on fifa , something about PES always feels so limited in choices in the pitch and very arcade and rigid to play.

Aye, I think rigid is a good word to describe it

Difficult to get used to the mechanics of it after playing fifa for years

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, psb07158 said:

Aye, I think rigid is a good word to describe it

Difficult to get used to the mechanics of it after playing fifa for years

That’s what I’m worried about haha tbh if it wasn’t for ibrox and official spl and beating cunts at the piggery I would only get fifa.

the only thing about fifa I truly hate is that the skills are too fixed in the sense that people don’t even use them correctly but go to a certain point of the box and do a spin trick and it sets you for a perfect angle to curl one in and no defender can get close.

3 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

That’s what I’m worried about haha tbh if it wasn’t for ibrox and official spl and beating cunts at the piggery I would only get fifa.

the only thing about fifa I truly hate is that the skills are too fixed in the sense that people don’t even use them correctly but go to a certain point of the box and do a spin trick and it sets you for a perfect angle to curl one in and no defender can get close.

I guess both games have their pros & cons

PES skill moves are much harder to master and there are fucking loads of button combos to try and work out. On FIFA any cunt can swirl the right analogue stick and get lucky :lol: 

32 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I've had a couple of shots of the demo and first impressions aren't good. After playing fifa for years, this seems awful so far.

The more I play it the less I like it.

It's 100mph arcade ping pong madness. Annoyed I'm going to have to pay £27 for this

Just now, BlueMe said:

Good way of describing it :lol: 

Where are you seeing it for £27?

Usually get it for that closer to release. Think it was £32 last year I got it from hotdeals.

I want to know when our DLC is released because its pointless pre ordering it if Ibrox wont be in it for a few weeks

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Usually get it for that closer to release. Think it was £32 last year I got it from hotdeals.

I want to know when our DLC is released because its pointless pre ordering it if Ibrox wont be in it for a few weeks

My mate told me it won't be until October the DLC is released, dunno if that's true or not, hopefully not. But I'm the same as you, no point pre ordering.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

My mate told me it won't be until October the DLC is released, dunno if that's true or not, hopefully not. But I'm the same as you, no point pre ordering.

Could be mate because they might not have scanned our stadium yet as they added loads of partner clubs late on including us.

The longer we wait the price will come down anyway, loads usually trade it in after a month or 2

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Could be mate because they might not have scanned our stadium yet as they added loads of partner clubs late on including us.

The longer we wait the price will come down anyway, loads usually trade it in after a month or 2

If the demo is anything to go by then i can see loads trading it in tbh :lol:

Was last years Pes like this mate? I've never played it for years so it seems really weird to me.

Just now, BlueMe said:

If the demo is anything to go by then i can see loads trading it in tbh :lol:

Was last years Pes like this mate? I've never played it for years so it seems really weird to me.

It was like this but slower and less responsive.

You went about 5 games without seeing any fouls and I went 2 ML seasons without getting a single penalty :lol:

It's been brutal for ages

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It was like this but slower and less responsive.

You went about 5 games without seeing any fouls and I went 2 ML seasons without getting a single penalty :lol:

It's been brutal for ages

Fuck sake :lol: 

Fifa has it's faults aswell obviously, but this feels like it's 10 years older but with decent graphics. I'll get both and probably only play old firm games on PES tbh.

Passing feels good once you get the hang of it but there is something about it that I'm not enjoying. I feel like the shooting isn't great and the keepers are a bit strange.

I'll probably stick to Fifa but I might pick it up if there's a cheap deal on.

On 13/08/2018 at 09:30, psb07158 said:

Don't think I'll be buying tbh

Gave it another go over the weekend and really not enjoying it

Put in on a easier setting, try and memorise a couple of moves like pass and move forward, one two''s and don't be scared to crack one from outside the box. Possession is key just move the ball about like the Rangers and put pressure on them when they have the ball.

It's a great game but as you say lots of moves etc but stick to the basics,  I can't wait to play the filth at Ibrox and their midden as it's a game no matter what you always want to win :UK:

57 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's pretty baws mate, the graphics are outstanding but the gameplay is horrendous IMO.

Will be buying it regardless because of Ibrox but it's not going to convert anyone from FIFA in terms of gameplay because it's not a sim.

Boy in work says the crossing is superb in the game?

43 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Not for me mate, it's too laser accurate and fast. Like pin ball really.

You can slow the speed settings down but then you lose responsiveness of players and the keepers look even more ridiculous.

The AI is atrocious and the advanced tactics have been proven not to work (videos on evo web that Chris Davies posts).

It has the basics of a good game but too many things bring it down and making it more arcade like to appease the jap audience is brutal.

IF they had sliders like FIFA does then that could have solved the vast majority of the issues but Konami for some strange reason refuse to allow the game to be altered.

22 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm starting  to get to grips with Liverpool on the demo, not a team I usually play with , I have  scored a couple of crackers from outside the box and cracked the bar with a overhead kick ?.   

Thing I dislike most is the lack of variation , fifa has full right stick fancy touches / bursts, driven pass/shot etc all easy to use and open up the game but PES feels so limited. 

I hope the October rumour isn’t true the SPL and stadiums is the only reason I was getting this.

Archived