We can only benefit and get better playing against technically far superior teams to the Scottish dregs. Some good pedigree names we're playing against regularly too.

Great move from us and some of the results were truly excellent. It can only attract good young players to us.

Keep it up!

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Really enjoyed this season with the  unders doing these trips - did Alkmaar, Mechelen and Benfica away and they were all great trips, performances and results - that’s just the ones I seen as they had other great results in other games too 

Still a bit of an enigma beating Europe’s best then struggling against Scottish teams though - can’t get my head around it but I think some of these games have made men of a few of them and have a better chance of succeeding in the game overall even if maybe not with us 

Don't the Scottish teams get to play over age players?

I know it used to be the case not sure about nowadays.

Encouraging but I have to say I only get interested when a youth player becomes a genuine contender for the first team.

What I DO particularly like about this scenario is the fact we said "fuck the wee diddy teams, we'll do our own thing in Europe to bring the lads on"

An excellent attitude without question! 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some fantastic results we need to keep building on.

Not sure what's going on with Hardie though. CM highly praising him but we've let his contract expire. Strange to use him as an example of success.

Obviously he got a few games, but Herrera being played ahead of him was mental

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Obviously he got a few games, but Herrera being played ahead of him was mental

Yeah, and I don't think we should keep him on, just a bit strange to use him as an example of our successes given his situation.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Think it might be 3 max but we sometimes play them too so that factor balances out 

In the cup it is strictly under-20s. League did allow six overage players but changing to reserves next season so not sure what the script is.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Really enjoyed this season with the  unders doing these trips - did Alkmaar, Mechelen and Benfica away and they were all great trips, performances and results - that’s just the ones I seen as they had other great results in other games too 

Still a bit of an enigma beating Europe’s best then struggling against Scottish teams though - can’t get my head around it but I think some of these games have made men of a few of them and have a better chance of succeeding in the game overall even if maybe not with us 

It’s hard to play football against 10 blogger merchants mate. In Scotland your taught to wallop somebody of you can’t get the ball of him. When Marseille came pre season and tried to play football pedros shambles played them off the park. It’s just brutal trying to play nice football when every opposition player over here is out to fuck ye up in the air. We just need to learn to fight if that’s what the opposition wants. That what I reckon anyway. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In the cup it is strictly under-20s. League did allow six overage players but changing to reserves next season so not sure what the script is.

Reserves might be interesting as you’d get a lot of first team players playing or will it still be age restrictive ?

Just now, broomloanjamie said:

It’s hard to play football against 10 blogger merchants mate. In Scotland your taught to wallop somebody of you can’t get the ball of him. When Marseille came pre season and tried to play football pedros shambles played them off the park. It’s just brutal trying to play nice football when every opposition player over here is out to fuck ye up in the air. We just need to learn to fight if that’s what the opposition wants. That what I reckon anyway. 

Aye but it’s the same in Europe though as these sorts of teams horse anything in Scotland yet we horse them and get horsed off the Scottish ones lol Rangers luck 

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Reserves might be interesting as you’d get a lot of first team players playing or will it still be age restrictive ?

From what I've heard it's going to be fully open in the league but restricted in Youth Cup (totally U20/21) and Challenge Cup (Possibly U23 with a number of overs)