Gerrard keeping Wallace

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

If he doesn’t care what went on why do you think his assessment is true?  Given Wallace has been out for some time and the past three seasons he has captained us in some of our worst ever performances. Did SG sit and watch him specifically on DVD? To make that assessment 

i think he’s just giving a wee bit of a sound bite tbh

Course he is.

Mad if you think he’ll say anything else about the current club captain.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Big mistake. He's done.

Another big mistake not cashing in on Tav too.

But hey, that's my just my opinion/s - a manager is the one that lives and dies by them. Looking forward to (hopefully) being proved wrong but strange move I must admit.

?

49 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

All the sentimental guff has gone for me. Thanks Lee but he is not good enough and we are slap bang in the middle of truly trying to kick on here. We need a proper full back with the legs and the engine to take us up a level. Only then will we begin to move on.

I’d love to see him do well with us, I think we all would but there comes a point....

When did Lee Wallace last actually contribute in a positive way on the pitch and even then.......

I'm a bit split on this tbh.....my head says we need better and he needs to move on but Wallace also did a lot of good stuff in the bleak days but ultimately today's new beginning needs to take priority so I would sever ties and aim for better.

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why don’t you debate or expand on that? Your one of them guys in the wee gang that thinks bad decisions are good decisions just because someone at the club thinks so instead of thinking for yourself 

know what’s really interesting (and this isn’t a slate on Gerrard it’s on the Rangers support online) I don’t think I’ve seen a sizeable section of people say they can’t wait until Wallace is back and he’s a great player etc (heard a few take his side in the battle with the club sure) ... yet the minute Gerrard says he’s in his plans everycunt thinks he’s a great player - where was the comments before this interview today from the closet Wallace fans? 

Say what you want about me but at least I’m consistent in my views and not some wee turd who can’t think for himself 

Everything changed with Gerrard in all honesty, before he was announced/mentioned it was all ‘no gambles’ etc. then they all went into a frenzy with cringey as fuck patter 

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm a bit split on this tbh.....my head says we need better and he needs to move on but Wallace also did a lot of good stuff in the bleak days but ultimately today's new beginning needs to take priority so I would sever ties and aim for better.

You aren’t split mate, you know what needs done and everything said there is correct ... Wallace was great for us in lower leagues and i don’t dislike the guy, it’s nothing personal but there comes a point where everyone’s time is up ... Wallace was captain during the Pedro debacles and playing utter shite too 

people have both long and short memories when it comes to him - long that they remember him standing by us going back up the leagues and short in the sense he was finished long before his injury 

Gerrard coming in was a chance to absolutely clear the decks but we are doing it half arsed which is frustrating (and that’s me being kind)

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You aren’t split mate, you know what needs done and everything said there is correct ... Wallace was great for us in lower leagues and i don’t dislike the guy, it’s nothing personal but there comes a point where everyone’s time is up ... Wallace was captain during the Pedro debacles and playing utter shite too 

people have both long and short memories when it comes to him - long that they remember him standing by us going back up the leagues and short in the sense he was finished long before his injury 

Gerrard coming in was a chance to absolutely clear the decks but we are doing it half arsed which is frustrating (and that’s me being kind)

Yeah your right.....it's a bit like as you have said after the end of the season, we were all up in arms saying if we never saw these players ever again it would be a day too soon....the problem is we don't have the money to rip it all up and start over again.

The big question is who Gerrard reckons he can work with and improve, that's how we will still end up with shite like windass, tav, John and candieas still having roles to play next season....if he can get a good blend and utilise what strengths they may have to offer then we should have a decent season.  

Just now, hammer93 said:

Yeah your right.....it's a bit like as you have said after the end of the season, we were all up in arms saying if we never saw these players ever again it would be a day too soon....the problem is we don't have the money to rip it all up and start over again.

The big question is who Gerrard reckons he can work with and improve, that's how we will still end up with shite like windass, tav, John and candieas still having roles to play next season....if he can get a good blend and utilise what strengths they may have to offer then we should have a decent season.  

We should have the money to do it though if we are smart and there’s the will to do it but I don’t think the desire to do It is there 

13 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Wallace needs to step up quite a bit imo. He was a better player 3-4 years ago but he now seems laboured on the field of play. He’s lost his pace unfortunately.

He wasn't better he just looked good against part timers in the lower leagues

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We should have the money to do it though if we are smart and there’s the will to do it but I don’t think the desire to do It is there 

I think the bigger picture would be the cost of paying off the cunts who we will struggle to punt.....take Herrera for example... even if we were to punt him for free there is no guarantee that he will move if it's for less money?

Pedro , Warburton & the board created this....but it will take a few windows to sort rather than the 1 that we would all crave?

57 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Wallace was great for us in lower leagues and i don’t dislike the guy,

See to be perfectly honest, he wasn't even great in the lower leagues bar the championship season under Warbuton. There was times under Ally and others when he looked terribly out of fitness, can blame McCoists training partly but if he was this model pro people think he is then he wouldn't have let his own levels drop.

We need a lot better than Wallace to challenge for the league, nice guy and i don't dislike him but there should be no room for sentiment if we are serious about challenging imo.

Just now, plumbGER said:

See to be perfectly honest, he wasn't even great in the lower leagues bar the championship season under Warbuton. There was times under Ally and others when he looked terribly out of fitness, can blame McCoists training partly but if he was this model pro people think he is then he wouldn't have let his own levels drop.

We need a lot better than Wallace to challenge for the league, nice guy and i don't dislike him but there should be no room for sentiment if we are serious about challenging imo.

Fair enough he was one of the better ones though 

that readjustment actually went through my head after I typed it but really wanna edit it and sound harsh 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair enough he was one of the better ones though 

that readjustment actually went through my head after I typed it but really wanna edit it and sound harsh 

Aye don't get me wrong he did have some good games under Ally but by and large he wasn't a class apart like you would have expected him to be given the gulf in class between the levels he dropped. In his defence people will say playing against dross will drag you down to their level. He also played with some absolute shite alongside him.

With better players around him who knows? He might kick on and find another level but i can't see it tbh and i would love nothing more than seeing him hold the league trophy above his head when we eventually get 55.

Not even reading the five pages, anybody who tries to dress this up is an absolute tit. 

We need a clean slate across the board and the captaincy is one of the biggest areas that need addressed. 

Before anybody starts about Wallace being a great servant etc let me remind you that he's been captain during some of our worst ever results and hasn't acted accordingly. 

Big mistake on Gerrard's part imo, hopefully it's the only one. 

I've always rated Wallace as one of our better players, with international experience to boot. And he has shown loyalty and commitment to us too. Maybe not the best captain we ever had, but we had no great choice and he rose to the challenge.

And in my opinion that challenge was so great it may have held him back playing wise, a huge responsibility he carried when we were at our worst. 

I'd keep him, but not as captain (for now) and give him the chance to re-establish himself in a better back four with a decent keeper and hopefully good midfield and wide outlets when he wins the ball . 

I believe he is capable of performing in any of the defensive positions, and with the pressure of captaincy may become a much more confident player. And I'd even probably move him to a more central position sitting just in front or to the side of a couple pair of solid centre halves, or a decent back three. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Gerrard obviously knows there's a player there.  I hope Lee resolves this stupid issue with the fine and can join up with the first-team as soon as possible.  

true.thumb.gif.b4b00c6d2217ea0d1332dc655f042175.gif

That gif is all good and well but that was literally 7 years ago and has no baring on this season - it’s more sentimental nonsense 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That gif is all good and well but that was literally 7 years ago and has no baring on this season - it’s more sentimental nonsense 

It's mental the arguments being put forward in his favour...

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

May as well post this, you can do it with almost any player of the past few years, doesn't make them any less shite now

giphy.gif