Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

52 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Tarrier?. I may be an arsehole, but I am not one of them. And I very quickly explained and apologised to all for my post. It was a clumsy, cack handed attempt to make a serious point about club standards. I regret the post, as it didn't read the way it was meant. Again, I am sorry if you were angry at it and offended by it. I don't blame you.   As I said, I may be an arse, but at least I am a Rangers arse. And a RM member for 11 years.

There's no may about it, you're a prize arsehole 

You're also a cunt 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

On the day a club legend signed by Bill Struth dies, we sign this man. Whatever happened to club standards?. Then again, lets not forget the chav behaviour of our new manager.......

WTF are you saying that for.

How disrespectful.

Maybe Gerrard believes in looking to the future and not the past. Maybe he believes in second chances, but most importantly maybe he sees this guy as an improvement for our team. I keep saying Gerrard has not came here to fail so he must see something in this player.

I don't condone what the player did but he has shown remorse and served his punishment. We need to move on. He's a Rangers player now.

4 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

The lad made a serious mistake in his past.He faced up to the consequences and paid the penalty.He doesn’t pretend it never happened nor does he sweep the magnitude of it under the carpet.I would guess every one of us have either done something or know of someone close to us that have made grave errors of judgement in the past.He has a lot to prove and a reputation to restore.Will give him even more impetus to excel for us.As far as the Club selling its soul unfortunately it’s the era we live in where nothing seems sacrosanct anymore.Money rules and in this game that means results.To get them we need better standards of players for all positions and in his case, he fits that criteria at this point in time.

Welcome to Rangers young man, now go and do all your talking on the park.Succeed there and keep a low profile off it and you will go a long long way to restoring some structure back in your life.

Well said mate. Good post. Sums up my feelings on the subject to  a T.

Welcome to the best club in the world Jon son. Do us proud.

Also lol at people saying "HAVE YOU NEVER MADE A MISTAKE BEFORE?" as though this is like using your pal's Netflix code for months. He assaulted a woman ffs. I doubt many people on this forum have convictions like that and remain able to gain employment at high profile institutions for shitloads of money (relative to the average person). 

It's a joke. He's a joke. Should never have been signed. But, in saying all of that, if he ever puts that blue jersey on i'll support it like everyone else, because we don't support individuals we support the collective that they represent. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Doubt anyone really expected us to buy 5 or 6 4 or 5 million pound players.

Wasting money on Flanagan, Murphy and the young boy from Liverpool isn’t the answer.

Quality over quantity.

We play our first game in 3 weeks and we haven’t even began to address the obvious weaknesses in our midfield and forward line yet.

Folk on here expected 20m spent.  Apparently on 4,5,6 quality players.

That's what they said.

And I agree with you re midfield / forward areas.

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So we have spent the grand sum of 2 million pounds so far 

All these frees and loans have got the ST sales up a treat 

My enthusiasm levels from 2/3 weeks ago have taken a dip 

Two CB cost 2+3 mill did they not?

23 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So we have spent the grand sum of 2 million pounds so far 

All these frees and loans have got the ST sales up a treat 

My enthusiasm levels from 2/3 weeks ago have taken a dip 

Relax most clubs haven’t made any signings,it takes time!

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Hope Gerrard thought long & hard about this and spoke to other senior players in the squad beforehand etc because this kind of signing can harm a dressing room. 

Wit he's hardly gonna go tonto he's doing community service if anything a good example of how not to behave.

4 hours ago, soulboy said:

We all know what the press are like up here stick the boot in to us cuddle up to every other club. My point is people who don't have much interest in football will read the front pages and the big bad Rangers bandwagon rolls on and on.

What happened to No one likes us and we don't care?

So the guy makes 1 mistake and he's not welcome?? Get a grip ffs, he's the 1 that needs to live with it every day in life.....all we need to do is support him on the pitch.

If there's a reoccurrence of his actions I'm sure it will be in his contract that it will be terminated but give the guy a chance. 

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

So the guy makes 1 mistake and he's not welcome?? Get a grip ffs, he's the 1 that needs to live with it every day in life.....all we need to do is support him on the pitch.

If there's a reoccurrence of his actions I'm sure it will be in his contract that it will be terminated but give the guy a chance. 

I knew it would be a reply like this when I saw the name and Gazza avatar?

Good post though:tu:

2 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

I knew it would be a reply like this when I saw the name and Gazza avatar?

Good post though:tu:

Cheers mate.

We've all done wrongs in life, myself included but because his is played out on the back pages of the papers some feel like they can be over critical about it.  Nobody's asking our support to like him for what he's done but when he wears that jersey he deserves our support on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Also lol at people saying "HAVE YOU NEVER MADE A MISTAKE BEFORE?" as though this is like using your pal's Netflix code for months. He assaulted a woman ffs. I doubt many people on this forum have convictions like that and remain able to gain employment at high profile institutions for shitloads of money (relative to the average person). 

It's a joke. He's a joke. Should never have been signed. But, in saying all of that, if he ever puts that blue jersey on i'll support it like everyone else, because we don't support individuals we support the collective that they represent. 

Nice one mate.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

WTF are you saying that for.

How disrespectful.

Maybe Gerrard believes in looking to the future and not the past. Maybe he believes in second chances, but most importantly maybe he sees this guy as an improvement for our team. I keep saying Gerrard has not came here to fail so he must see something in this player.

I don't condone what the player did but he has shown remorse and served his punishment. We need to move on. He's a Rangers player now.

He's apologised for that remark.

Archived