Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he had booted Gerrards Mrs while she was lying on the ground then he wouldn't be here so what's the difference ?

Also what if the majority of players think he's cunt for what he did it's hardly going to be good for dressing room moral is it

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Same cunts on here having a go are probably the same cunts who are welcoming that judas cunt 'Shagger' back. 

The funny thing is when you see Shagger in training it's like one of the players have had a bring your dad to work day.

The lad made a serious mistake in his past.He faced up to the consequences and paid the penalty.He doesn’t pretend it never happened nor does he sweep the magnitude of it under the carpet.I would guess every one of us have either done something or know of someone close to us that have made grave errors of judgement in the past.He has a lot to prove and a reputation to restore.Will give him even more impetus to excel for us.As far as the Club selling its soul unfortunately it’s the era we live in where nothing seems sacrosanct anymore.Money rules and in this game that means results.To get them we need better standards of players for all positions and in his case, he fits that criteria at this point in time.

Welcome to Rangers young man, now go and do all your talking on the park.Succeed there and keep a low profile off it and you will go a long long way to restoring some structure back in your life.

56 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Ok well can you honestly tell me if you’ve ever read a Rangers fan badmouthing Gazza because he abused his wife. Not once have I ever read that. 

Dono about that , mixed opinions before Gazza’s game against the sheep and he didn’t come out to warm up , both equally bad incidents , one he was already ours so we had to worked around  it , the other we’ve brought him to the club knowing what he’s done , did we really need that kind of character coming into the club ? I don’t think so  , 100% all will be forgotten if he is immense and helps us to 55 that’s just the way football is 

37 minutes ago, soulboy said:

If he had booted Gerrards Mrs while she was lying on the ground then he wouldn't be here so what's the difference ?

Also what if the majority of players think he's cunt for what he did it's hardly going to be good for dressing room moral is it

Ffs what a stupid couple of arguments to make.

1 minute ago, backup said:

All this milk of humsn kindness and 2nd chances for flanagan is a tad hypocritical, just ask naismith or whittaker. 

No wonder you're ridiculed on here.

What a fucking ridiculous statement that is 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ffs what a stupid couple of arguments to make.

So dressing room moral is not important ?  right you are then. I know if i was a player in that dressing room I'd want fuck all to do with him except tolerate him for the sake of the team and that would be it.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

All this milk of humsn kindness and 2nd chances for flanagan is a tad hypocritical, just ask naismith or whittaker. 

I’ve just asked them and they said what the fuck you talking about 2nd chances , they’ve never played for Sevco.

Wasn't overly enthusiastic about this guy given his history.

But nobody is without a past, and nobody is without a future.

His debt, such as it was, has been repaid to society.  In any civilized place, you do your time and you move on with the understanding you're re-integrated.

I doubt Gerrard will have hand-waved away the issues without some serious consideration and assurances on Flanagan's part.

If he can recapture some of the form that made people call him 'the scouse Cafu' and be asked to declare internationally for RoI then this could be a genius move.  It's Moneyball time just now.  Risk and reward in everything.  The potential reward is massive.  The risk, according to the new gaffer is less so.

This signing was bound to show divisions within our support, and I can see both sides of the argument.

I think the fact SG and G Mac know him so well and they believe it was out of character and that he is really remorseful and wants to make amends in his personal life and try and get his career back on track has made me come down on the side of giving him a chance.

I always remember and old work colleague of mine who used to say 'anyone who has never made a mistake in life had done fuck all' and while that will not be true for everyone I thought it was an interesting take on life.

I hope Jon takes this chance he has been given. 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

So dressing room moral is not important ?  right you are then. I know if i was a player in that dressing room I'd want fuck all to do with him except tolerate him for the sake of the team and that would be it.

Well you're a bit precious then. But are you saying if other players welcome him piblicly then you've over dramatized it? As many are doing with the whole situation.

And I'd imagine few managers in any business anywhere would recruit someone who assaulted their wife. Yet plenty give others 2nd chances for misdeneanours if they believe it's warranted. Not sure why you'd even contemplate this as reasoning why Gerrard shouldn't sign him. Other than to fit an agenda.

2 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

On the day a club legend signed by Bill Struth dies, we sign this man. Whatever happened to club standards?. 

Then again, lets not forget the chav behaviour of our new manager.......

Wow what a fucking way to point score.

Ya scumbag bastard

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This signing was bound to show divisions within our support, and I can see both sides of the argument.

I think the fact SG and G Mac know him so well and they believe it was out of character and that he is really remorseful and wants to make amends in his personal life and try and get his career back on track has made me come down on the side of giving him a chance.

I always remember and old work colleague of mine who used to say 'anyone who has never made a mistake in life had done fuck all' and while that will not be true for everyone I thought it was an interesting take on life.

I hope Jon takes this chance he has been given. 

I think the low wages he was willing to accept just to get a team would be a big part of the signing to 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Wow what a fucking way to point score.

Ya scumbag bastard

I was making a point about how far our standards as a club have sunk.

And that legend was a personal friend. Whose death I am heartbroken at. And its because of men like Hubbard and Struth that I am angry that the club we all love seems to have no standards as they had in the days of those two great men.

Archived