Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

Nothing has been done the Rangers way for the past 5 or 6 years. It's a hard one to accept but our standards on and off the field are not what we're used to

Your 100% bang on mate ????

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Nothing has been done the Rangers way for the past 5 or 6 years. It's a hard one to accept but our standards on and off the field are not what we're used to

Cannot disagree with that.

Would rather not sign people with his history however I still hailed Gazza as a hero after battering his wife so I cant be a hypocrite.

I doubt Gerrard would have him here if he was a scumbag who did that type of shit all the time.

Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his football boots.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

The usual lassie is allowed to come in swinging with all sorts but if the guy slaps her back just once he’s a cunt. 

I originally tagged you by mistake mate, but it's a fair point you make.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Poor comparison, Barton didn't attack a female and kick her when she was on the ground. Barton was a complete cock who I never wanted to sign, but this signing is far worse for numerous reasons!

It's not. The meltdown over it when most won't even know the complete context of what happened is ridiculous. You cant just look at something someone's done and say its simply worse because it concerns a woman. If Flanagan punched his girlfriend in the face over 20 times causing her to lose teeth (like Joey Barton did to some young lad) then aye, fair enough. What Flanagan did wasn't serious enough to have him put away. What Barton did, got him jailed. So in they eyes of the court. Barton was worse. 

Just now, Goosetav said:

She was trying to walk away from him, he pinned her to the wall twice, she ended up on the ground and he volleyed her 

"Aimed a kick at her" actually. In order to volley her then she'd need to have been levitating at the time.

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Never really heard much about him tbh. Did some reading and it feels like he needs a break to get his mojo back. 

If the Gaffer sees something that’s good enough for me 

is he a LB or RB. Can’t seem to see what’s his position?

He actually can play on both sides of the park apparently, but I've only ever seen him play on the right.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s fine, but what about sponsors, social media, endorsements, female fans etc etc. Bottom line is it’s unneeded bad publicity. 

And beyond that he’s played circa 50 games in 8 years. 

And Im sure someone said he was the most dribbled past full back in the PL per game (or something like that). 

Awful piece of business IMO. 

I've already said the footballing aspect is the question mark. But one person who will know his attributes better than anyone on here has signed him.

He admitted guilt, pled guilty, at early opportunity, apologised, took his punishment and was rehabilitated. Iy appears an isolated incidrnt of someone of good character, who I believe has bern forgiven by the victim, his partner. Any of those parties you list having issue with this should be asked what more they expect from an individual. I'd imagine for some it will be more an opportunity to attack Rangers. 

And legally it's a one off fucking common assault we're talking about, as disgusting as it is, some appear to take a bit too much pleasure in likening it to a repeated abuser or rapist etc.

Just now, Goosetav said:

No

Yes.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8548914f0ab919095a9f50938b9c5983.PNG

Assuming she was already touching the ground at the time (using her feet) and didn't do a mid-air jump as she went down (unlikely), then she couldn't have been 'volleyed'.

Archived