Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

36 minutes ago, Albertzz said:

Lots of saints in here who have never done anything wrong in life.

Never battered a defenceless woman and kicked her when she was on the ground.

Guys done fuck all for years and is a scumbag into the bargain.

Shocking from us but hey ho

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether you agree with his signing or not because of his off-field past history, the fact is that he's here and is desperate to win the fans over. he is straight into training in Spain and knows what's ahead of him on and off the park. It was a disgraceful thing he did, but nothing can change it now, so I believe in giving people a second chance in life in some instances; I hope he takes this one.

Never really heard much about him tbh. Did some reading and it feels like he needs a break to get his mojo back. 

If the Gaffer sees something that’s good enough for me 

is he a LB or RB. Can’t seem to see what’s his position?

It's hard to look past what he did but there are plenty people who know him, including his girlfriend, who are adamant it was out of character for him, and I suppose he has the chance to prove that. I'd rather it wasn't us giving him that chance but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Potentially a good signing on a free if he can rediscover his form from a few years ago. 

Made a mistake in life. So what? The way people are going on you'd think we were signing Oscar Pistorius. 

Don't remember this many people being up in arms when we signed Joey Barton who literally served jail time for assault. 

I think well see quickly how this is gonna workout. Gave him a long enough contract that if he finds his top level in 3/4 months we will extend. 

If hes hampered by injuries he'll be punted after a year imo

Relatively low risk so imo win win

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's plenty moral crusaders. Hypocrisy that they also appear to want a person who has apologised and accepted guilt whilst being punished and rehabilitated to continue being punished.. 

He's proven himself once to be international level which I think is pretty noticeable in a footballer. His best years could well be ahead of him, especially if he knuckles down (no pun).

The day we accept morality lessons of the press or filth is the day hell freezes over for me.

I'll give him a chance, and watch in shame as other bears act in the same manner as the scum do to one of our players.

That’s fine, but what about sponsors, social media, endorsements, female fans etc etc. Bottom line is it’s unneeded bad publicity. 

And beyond that he’s played circa 50 games in 8 years. 

And Im sure someone said he was the most dribbled past full back in the PL per game (or something like that). 

Awful piece of business IMO. 

Too many people care what the rabid press will say about this.

All i care about is whether he will be a good player for us and i'm not convinced he can find the level that had Cafu saying he could be one of the best full backs in the world.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s fine, but what about sponsors, social media, endorsements, female fans etc etc. Bottom line is it’s unneeded bad publicity. 

And Im sure someone said he was the most dribbled past full back in the PL per game (or something like that). 

I saw his stats on FF cant find them now but they were very poor indeed.

Probably accepted a hand full of rice a week as a wage so kicking a girl on the ground be irrelevant to our board in this financial day and age , not the Rangers way this signing im afraid , poor stuff 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Never really heard much about him tbh. Did some reading and it feels like he needs a break to get his mojo back. 

If the Gaffer sees something that’s good enough for me 

is he a LB or RB. Can’t seem to see what’s his position?

I read somewhere his preferred position in RB but he can play either side

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It's assault bud ffs. 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Probably accepted a hand full of rice a week as a wage so kicking a girl on the ground be irrelevant to our board in this finical day and age , not the Rangers way this signing im afraid , poor stuff 

Nothing has been done the Rangers way for the past 5 or 6 years. It's a hard one to accept but our standards on and off the field are not what we're used to

44 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The fickle world of football. 

I can't understand why we would choose to give a hate filled media ammo to use against us. 

I believe in forgiveness and 2nd chances but they will have a field day with this.

Was also my immediate first thought. Wait till the Rhetard dusts off their shovel and digs up his past. I can see the headlines now 

Rangers Sign 25 Year Old Wife Beater

Archived