Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Apart from child groomers murders or rapists ye better add that or some nugget will mention Adam Johnson

Well if everyone deserves a second chance where is the line?

Woman beaters?

Rapists?

Murderers?

He got a second chance, he wasn't jailed and got to keep playing football despite being piss poor.

What we don't need is such a cowardly prick wearing our badge for various reasons in terms of his character and his ability.

33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Never really heard much about him tbh. Did some reading and it feels like he needs a break to get his mojo back. 

If the Gaffer sees something that’s good enough for me 

is he a LB or RB. Can’t seem to see what’s his position?

Mainly RB.

Don't think this was a signing we needed at the moment. Given how poor the club have handled our image over the past 5 years. Couldn't get a game for Bolton. Injury prone and most likely on decent wages.

Will be raging if we let go of Tavernier now...

59 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Good signing, an improvement on what we have defensively. Welcome to the club. The holier than thou patter from some is cringeworthy. 

Wouldn’t say it’s cringeworthy not wanting the club to bring unnecessary bad press to our doorstep in signing a lad that’s kicked a girl on the ground 

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well if everyone deserves a second chance where is the line?

Woman beaters?

Rapists?

Murderers?

He got a second chance, he wasn't jailed and got to keep playing football despite being piss poor.

What we don't need is such a cowardly prick wearing our badge for various reasons in terms of his character and his ability.

No sure if u meant to quote but I state clearly above were the line was.

57 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate im not looking for an argument here but what you’ve just said proves my point. It was ok for Gazza to be a wife beater because he earned legendary status on the park?! No they’re both idiots for doing it but life goes on. 

Gazza was already at the club with built up hero status amongst the support , he didn’t have previous  , I dare say if he’d done it previously to signing for us there’d be the same reaction as Flanagan is receiving 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Gazza was already at the club with built up hero status amongst the support , he didn’t have previous  , I dare say if he’d done it previously to signing for us there’d be the same reaction as Flanagan is receiving 

Why does that even matter though if it's indefensible like people say?

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No sure if u meant to quote but I state clearly above were the line was.

I think that was the point, who chooses the line?

I would imagine most everyone has some point where their lives could quite easily have taken a very different route.

Manslaughter, drugs offences, driving offences, etc.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It doesn’t it’s the same scumbag move but Father Time is very forgiving 

never mind the goal against tims pish If Flanagan has a good game against hibs the football manager virgins on here will have him called up for England and everything is forgotten 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Agreed , just pointing out the difference to the lad , At the time bears were like fuck sake Gazza , next game against sheep he didn’t come out to warm up then during the game he pinged a 30 yard free kick right into the top corner lol 

24 minutes ago, gersandy said:

From what I hear he started a lot of games LB.

He can cover for a LB when required but he was never going to get ahead of the number one at the time Clyne at RB and now TAA has come through he wasn't going to be first choice now either. Still a solid player and can volley women for fun (which is all most care about).

Hopefully he's decent and takes Tav's place .. honestly don't care if he slapped his mrs ... we all make mistakes, a lot of this seems a bit faux-outrage in all honesty check me I'm a real man and real men don't hit woman ... he made a mistake .. if he's one of them cowardly wife beaters that does it every night he's a scumbag and belongs in jail but is there any evidence of that? or can we not just accept he did wrong, served his punishment and most of all his girlfriend has forgiven him ?

Archived