Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

9 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

So it’s ok for someone to abuse their wife as long as they have hero status? 

Where have I said that ??? , pointing out to the lad i quoted if Gazza had done it before he signed he’d got exactly the same reaction Flanagan has received 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The indignant holier than thou comments are really shocking in here. One very poor decision when he was drunk, GF forgives him and you get a bunch of keyboard tits, who are in no way affected by what happened, spewing hatred because they can't help themselves. Get a fucking life.  He plays for us and I hope he does well. 

'Keyboard tits' for not wanting a want a man who assaulted a woman who was on the deck playing for us :lol:

Right ye are

“I am delighted to be here. When I got the call from my agent and then spoke to Stevie, it was a no-brainer for me with the size of the club and what the fans are about. I am delighted to be here and hopefully I can show the fans what I am all about.

“I have played with him (Gerrard) at Liverpool for many years and he was a big part of coming here.

“Obviously I know all about the club and everything like that but Stevie was a massive influence in me coming here as well.

“I think I am a no-nonsense footballer. I keep it simple, I don’t mind a tackle and when the going gets tough I am mentally strong.

“I think I am different to the full-backs that we have got here so it will be exciting and a lot of competition for places.

“I think it is a fresh start and it is a platform for me to build on. The past is the past, it is now time for a fresh start and that is with Rangers and I can’t wait to get going.”

Flanagan has linked up with Gerrard’s squad at their training base in Spain after clinching a two-year deal with the Gers.

He could make his competitive debut in the Europa League qualifier with FK Shkupi next month and is confident he can make a positive impression at Ibrox.

Flanagan told RangersTV: “Europe is a big attraction as well. That’s an extra for us, an extra bonus for us to work hard, push on and get back into the European group stages.

“I think it’s a very exciting time for Rangers now. Obviously the new manager has come in and freshened things up.

“He has brought a lot of players in so I think it’s brilliant to be a Rangers fan just now and a Rangers player, obviously.

“I think there are good times ahead and hopefully we can push on now.

“We all know Liverpool is a massive club but Rangers is just as big. This club is massive.

“I have experienced that before and hopefully that will help in terms of coming here and bedding in well.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16306088.Move_to_Rangers_is_a___39_fresh_start__39__for_former_Liverpool_defender_Jon_Flanagan/

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

'Keyboard tits' for not wanting a want a man who assaulted a woman who was on the deck playing for us :lol:

Right ye are

Too late, he signed.

If you can't get it out of your head something that happened between him and his missus and nothing really to do with your goodself then that's your prerogative. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

“I am delighted to be here. When I got the call from my agent and then spoke to Stevie, it was a no-brainer for me with the size of the club and what the fans are about. I am delighted to be here and hopefully I can show the fans what I am all about.

“I have played with him (Gerrard) at Liverpool for many years and he was a big part of coming here.

“Obviously I know all about the club and everything like that but Stevie was a massive influence in me coming here as well.

“I think I am a no-nonsense footballer. I keep it simple, I don’t mind a tackle and when the going gets tough I am mentally strong.

“I think I am different to the full-backs that we have got here so it will be exciting and a lot of competition for places.

“I think it is a fresh start and it is a platform for me to build on. The past is the past, it is now time for a fresh start and that is with Rangers and I can’t wait to get going.”

Flanagan has linked up with Gerrard’s squad at their training base in Spain after clinching a two-year deal with the Gers.

He could make his competitive debut in the Europa League qualifier with FK Shkupi next month and is confident he can make a positive impression at Ibrox.

Flanagan told RangersTV: “Europe is a big attraction as well. That’s an extra for us, an extra bonus for us to work hard, push on and get back into the European group stages.

“I think it’s a very exciting time for Rangers now. Obviously the new manager has come in and freshened things up.

“He has brought a lot of players in so I think it’s brilliant to be a Rangers fan just now and a Rangers player, obviously.

“I think there are good times ahead and hopefully we can push on now.

“We all know Liverpool is a massive club but Rangers is just as big. This club is massive.

“I have experienced that before and hopefully that will help in terms of coming here and bedding in well.”

Good read that 

love the bit about him being a more traditional full back too - crying out for that 

18 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

So he slapped his girlfriend about. Not good but he's paid a price for it and served his sentence. He shouldn't be victimised for the rest of his life because of it ffs. Hopefully he's become a better person over the years since then.

You’ve missed my point mate. I’m on his side I’m saying exactly that if you look back through the thread. 

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

The fickle world of football. 

I can't understand why we would choose to give a hate filled media ammo to use against us. 

I believe in forgiveness and 2nd chances but they will have a field day with this.

It's like Trump and Obama the latter would probably got away with putting kids in cages but the Don never would because of a hostile press pack and it's the same with us and them up here

12 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Where have I said that ??? , pointing out to the lad i quoted if Gazza had done it before he signed he’d got exactly the same reaction Flanagan has received 

Ok well can you honestly tell me if you’ve ever read a Rangers fan badmouthing Gazza because he abused his wife. Not once have I ever read that. 

Back 3 with wing backs. Solid back 4.

Either/or options at last instead of trying and failing to merge the two.

No get the wing backs to fuck 

It'll be a good shout in certain games.

Only games I can think would be these away euro games in the heat for width and energy but against half decent teams especially the farriers it’s utter suicide 

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

The fickle world of football. 

I can't understand why we would choose to give a hate filled media ammo to use against us. 

I believe in forgiveness and 2nd chances but they will have a field day with this.

Maybe Gerrard just couldn't give two fucks what the media say as long as this boy helps him achieve his goal with us. 

Welcome to Rangers.

Couldn't give a fuck about his previous to be honest. Could be a total cunt of a boy but put a shift in and make us better then I'm not too concerned.

We've had cunts before and will again. All that really matters is how they perform on the pitch.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Everyone has a different opinion so acceptance would will be less for some than others.

For me anyone that's no a rapist murderer or peado everyone deserves another chance.

What if you murdered someone for raping your mum or daughter?

Just now, Big Al II said:

What if you murdered someone for raping your mum or daughter?

The way our standards have dropped over the years it really wont make any dif. 

However welcome to Rangers jon and.im certain once the season starts and a few quality performances it will only be the press and opposition fans u need to worry about as all will be forgiven from our support.  Hopefully this means the end for tavernier and we cash in and use the money to strengthen elsewhere.  

Archived