Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hopefully he's decent and takes Tav's place .. honestly don't care if he slapped his mrs ... we all make mistakes, a lot of this seems a bit faux-outrage in all honesty check me I'm a real man and real men don't hit woman ... he made a mistake .. if he's one of them cowardly wife beaters that does it every night he's a scumbag and belongs in jail but is there any evidence of that? or can we not just accept he did wrong, served his punishment and most of all his girlfriend has forgiven him ?

He was on 28K per week. I'd let him slap me about if I could stay at home with that kind of money.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hopefully he's decent and takes Tav's place .. honestly don't care if he slapped his mrs ... we all make mistakes, a lot of this seems a bit faux-outrage in all honesty check me I'm a real man and real men don't hit woman ... he made a mistake .. if he's one of them cowardly wife beaters that does it every night he's a scumbag and belongs in jail but is there any evidence of that? or can we not just accept he did wrong, served his punishment and most of all his girlfriend has forgiven him ?

He could have been practicing "kick a fenian in the head"

Just now, FSM said:

He was on 28K per week. I'd let him slap me about if I could stay at home with that kind of money.

For 28k per week there's very little I wouldn't put up with I'd let Great Danes shag me on video the lot

30 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Don't think this was a signing we needed at the moment. Given how poor the club have handled our image over the past 5 years. Couldn't get a game for Bolton. Injury prone and most likely on decent wages.

Will be raging if we let go of Tavernier now...

Phil Parkinson spoke highly of him saying he very often looked 'a class above'. He suits a back 4 set up rather than starting as a wing back.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Phil Parkinson spoke highly of him saying he very often looked 'a class above'. He suits a back 4 set up rather than starting as a wing back.

From what I've seen of Him I'd agree with that and probably why I'm more accepting of the signing as he's a more traditional full-back, one for the tackle, play the ball type of game rather than the John/Tav/Wallace wing-back style.

We need that tbh.

Just now, FSM said:

Or she could have ditched him and still been quids in as the mother of his kids. Some won't like this suggestion but maybe it was simply a regrettable, disgusting drunken one off which the two of them have together put behind them as he's not the scum of the earth some portray.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Or she could have ditched him and still been quids in as the mother of his kids. Some won't like this suggestion but maybe it was simply a regrettable, disgusting drunken one off which the two of them have together put behind them as he's not the scum of the earth some portray.

You're probably right mate. It's not as if he's a persistent alcoholic wife beater, like Jimmy Johnstone was.

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly.. Considering the pelters we give the scum for this there's a lot of hypocrisy going on here. 

Some of you lot need to take your Snowflake United strip off, and wait patiently for the orange away strip to be released which is imminently going to be the case. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

From what I've seen of Him I'd agree with that and probably why I'm more accepting of the signing as he's a more traditional full-back, one for the tackle, play the ball type of game rather than the John/Tav/Wallace wing-back style.

We need that tbh.

If nothing else it gives us flexibility, thats what we have needed for a while. Maybe there's a plan B at last.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's certainly good enough to slot straight into left back if fit. Not sure where people think the goals will come from if we let Tav go for anything less than 10 mill. Looks suspect at the back because he has two donkeys in the middle of the park who were incapable of filling in behind when he bombed forward and two very average center backs and keeper. Better player than Tierney, he just has the luxury of Brown actually being able to defend and bail him out.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

He's certainly good enough to slot straight into left back if fit. Not sure where people think the goals will come from if we let Tav go for anything less than 10 mill. Looks suspect at the back because he has two donkeys in the middle of the park who were incapable of filling in behind when he bombed forward and two very average center backs and keeper. Better player than Tierney, he just has the luxury of Brown actually being able to defend and bail him out.

Hahaha orange rab ... 10 million for Tav riddy rab 

25 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I think that was the point, who chooses the line?

I would imagine most everyone has some point where their lives could quite easily have taken a very different route.

Manslaughter, drugs offences, driving offences, etc.

Everyone has a different opinion so acceptance would will be less for some than others.

For me anyone that's no a rapist murderer or peado everyone deserves another chance.

26 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I think that was the point, who chooses the line?

I would imagine most everyone has some point where their lives could quite easily have taken a very different route.

Manslaughter, drugs offences, driving offences, etc.

King Kirk chooses clearly.

40 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Gazza was already at the club with built up hero status amongst the support , he didn’t have previous  , I dare say if he’d done it previously to signing for us there’d be the same reaction as Flanagan is receiving 

So it’s ok for someone to abuse their wife as long as they have hero status? 

16 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Where to begin with this ?

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

So it’s ok for someone to abuse their wife as long as they have hero status? 

So he slapped his girlfriend about. Not good but he's paid a price for it and served his sentence. He shouldn't be victimised for the rest of his life because of it ffs. Hopefully he's become a better person over the years since then.

The indignant holier than thou comments are really shocking in here. One very poor decision when he was drunk, GF forgives him and you get a bunch of keyboard tits, who are in no way affected by what happened, spewing hatred because they can't help themselves. Get a fucking life.  He plays for us and I hope he does well. 

Archived