Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Good signing, an improvement on what we have defensively. Welcome to the club. The holier than thou patter from some is cringeworthy. 

How can beating up your burd then booting her while on the deck be described as Holier than now?

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Big Jon's on fire, all the burds are terrified.

Seen another yesterday.

jon Flanagan Jon Flanagan

he's five foot ten and full of pace

he boots his girlfriend in the face 

Jon Flanagan John Flanagan  

Needs work right enough.

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not wanting the club to sign a shite injury prone footballer, who’s most notable action was battering his burd and booting her while she’s on the deck, doesn’t make you a moral crusader.

Just being sensible. Brings backlash on the club. He’ll be getting the Adam Johnson / Ched Evans treatment up here. 

There's plenty moral crusaders. Hypocrisy that they also appear to want a person who has apologised and accepted guilt whilst being punished and rehabilitated to continue being punished.. 

He's proven himself once to be international level which I think is pretty noticeable in a footballer. His best years could well be ahead of him, especially if he knuckles down (no pun).

The day we accept morality lessons of the press or filth is the day hell freezes over for me.

I'll give him a chance, and watch in shame as other bears act in the same manner as the scum do to one of our players.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

How can beating up your burd then booting her while on the deck be described as Holier than now?

So he made a mistake, do you want him dead? Like I said in the transfer thread earlier I don’t hear people denouncing Gazza’s legendary status because he hit his wife. Must be ok if you’re in the hall of fame though. 

So he made a mistake, do you want him dead? Like I said in the transfer thread earlier I don’t hear people denouncing Gazza’s legendary status because he hit his wife. Must be ok if you’re in the hall of fame though. 

The point is we didn't sign Gazza knowing he beat up women which has been said many times. I'm sure no one defends him on the issue of beating his wife.

Just now, Smile said:

The point is we didn't sign Gazza knowing he beat up women which has been said many times. I'm sure no one defends him on the issue of beating his wife.

Exactly so both incidents are awful things to do, but I have never in all my time heard Gazza’s status be questioned because of those actions. Complete double standards. 

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Can't comment as I've never seen him play , but can't be great if not one English team would touch him

I've seen him a few times and he was solid and can actually defend better than anybody we have got, so he must have something about him still. It was interesting to see this quote about him from the great Cafu (the real one)........Flanagan has earned numerous plaudits for his style of play since his breakthrough into the Liverpool first team in November 2013; most notably, the World Cup-winning former Brazil captain and full back Cafu heralded Flanagan as his "successor", applauding his "speed, strength and determination" and stating he "has everything required to be one of the best full-backs in the world". This has led to fans dubbing Flanagan as "the Scouse Cafu".

Exactly so both incidents are awful things to do, but I have never in all my time heard Gazza’s status be questioned because of those actions. Complete double standards. 

Gazza earned his status on the park Flanagan could to I guess but just now he's only an injury prone player who beats his girlfriend up.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Gazza earned his status on the park Flanagan could to I guess but just now he's only an injury prone player who beats his girlfriend up.

Mate im not looking for an argument here but what you’ve just said proves my point. It was ok for Gazza to be a wife beater because he earned legendary status on the park?! No they’re both idiots for doing it but life goes on. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate im not looking for an argument here but what you’ve just said proves my point. It was ok for Gazza to be a wife beater because he earned legendary status on the park?! No they’re both idiots for doing it but life goes on. 

As I said Flanagan could go on and earn legendary status I will back him as he plays for us and I want us to win every competition we enter but I feel he's a poor choice. I hope he proves me wrong.

Potentially a good signing on a free if he can rediscover his form from a few years ago. 

Made a mistake in life. So what? The way people are going on you'd think we were signing Oscar Pistorius. 

Don't remember this many people being up in arms when we signed Joey Barton who literally served jail time for assault. 

Archived