Possible end to the strip saga?

Can’t help but feel if the timings were different Adidas would have jumped at the chance to a deal with us. Unfortunately, Hummel had already been announced when SG signed his deal. Hummel strips are nice to be honest but just not a particularly prestigious brand.  

24E59F37-1626-4E36-BE76-4D20AC0DA9C7.png

20 hours ago, bob1873 said:

Was it not £0.07p per shirt not in the £?

It was 7p per £. 

I had access to some info at the time it wasn't that bad a deal, fairly standard rates but no one would listen. 

Ashley really isn't doing anything different from any other retailer. 

Much the same as him being dragged over coals for 0 hour contracts, JD sports were employing all thier full time staff on 0 hours to avoid paying holiday pay when I worked there 20 years ago. 

The difference is Ashley is an absolute cunt and people don't like him. 

On 01/08/2018 at 12:40, OhW said:

No. The article that said they make £3.50 from every shirt didn't take into account the massive lump sum those clubs get from their kit manufacturer.

That's making an assumption that we didn't get a lump sum from Puma directly. Puma haven't been accused of being involved with Ashley etc as far as I'm aware? 

1 minute ago, Davhow said:

That's making an assumption that we didn't get a lump sum from Puma directly. Puma haven't been accused of being involved with Ashley etc as far as I'm aware? 

No it isn't. I'm making the assumption that big English Premier League teams get a much larger lump sum than we do.

On 01/08/2018 at 12:16, five stars said:

Obviously there would be costs involved doing it ourselves but we'd keep all he profits rather than just a small percentage.

We already have a shop at Ibrox and a website. Storage space/warehousing is easy to arrange and there's a wide variety of company's to choose from for distribution. There's also the option of selling on Amazon or ebay at a cost.

The high street is dying, we don't need our strips available in sport shops. Most people have access to the internet and are happy buying online or visiting the Rangers shop. Also most supporters will prefer that the major of their cash spent on merchandise goes to the club, not 3rd parties.

The online model is well known to be more cost effective than having a network of shop so we no longer need a 3rd party.

The high Street is dying but retail in general has become a very difficult game. Big online players are going bust too. Tesco have just pulled thier entire online operation. 

Rangers can't even organise thier ticket office efficiently never mind a Worldwide online retail and distribution operation. 

I don't like Ashley anymore than anyone else but blindly blaming him for everything and throwing fake facts and assumptions about is only holding Rangers back.

He's the one how's made billions from selling shirts, we're the ones needing someone to sell as many shirts as possible, surely we can work out a mutually beneficial arrangement 

On 02/08/2018 at 00:12, JCDBigBear said:

No it was allegedly £0.07 in the £ but I have never seen that figure verified.   Based on what money we actually received via Rangers Retail and including the deductions we sacrificed for unsold stock (during the SoS inspired boycott) and the significant costs incurred in closing the Belfast and Glasgow Airport shops, I would find it difficult to believe the figure was as low as £0.07 per £.

Fair enough either way it’s shambolic and the board running for cover Isn’t clever either.  Wonder how long until Hummel sue us for breach of contract given we aren’t selling anything?

On 02/08/2018 at 19:31, Davhow said:

The high Street is dying but retail in general has become a very difficult game. Big online players are going bust too. Tesco have just pulled thier entire online operation. 

Rangers can't even organise thier ticket office efficiently never mind a Worldwide online retail and distribution operation. 

I don't like Ashley anymore than anyone else but blindly blaming him for everything and throwing fake facts and assumptions about is only holding Rangers back.

He's the one how's made billions from selling shirts, we're the ones needing someone to sell as many shirts as possible, surely we can work out a mutually beneficial arrangement 

And I think that’s the point.  He’s making a lot of money in an area where many are going bust or really living hand to mouth.  

44 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Fair enough either way it’s shambolic and the board running for cover Isn’t clever either.  Wonder how long until Hummel sue us for breach of contract given we aren’t selling anything?

They may be suing us already. 

Its not like we'd be told. That would  be transparency. 

We would likely only find out from the filth or if it was dragged out in court. 

45 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

And I think that’s the point.  He’s making a lot of money in an area where many are going bust or really living hand to mouth.  

He’s making a lot of money because he’s snuffed the opposition out. You think about it. If you go to any big shopping centre and you need gym gear or new boots, or even a shitey rucksack for work there’s only one place you can go. Sports Direct. 

Back in the early 00s you’d have had 3 or 4 different options. 

I suspect that’s what he’s done with this strip deal. He now has the power to match or better any offer. I bet you he offered 1p more than JD sports in the end.

7 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Just fucking get them on sale!!!

This 100 %... Plus I'm buying the kits for my son I will not be boycotting something this board messed up after all King did say he and his legal team would be going through the sports direct contracts with a fine tooth comb when they had taken over.. The legal team missed a loophole to let Mike Ashley stay in or back in they should have of seen so when buying out of the contract it should have been spotted. I'm not boycotting something this board fucked up.. 

On 02/08/2018 at 19:18, Davhow said:

It was 7p per £. 

I had access to some info at the time it wasn't that bad a deal, fairly standard rates but no one would listen. 

Ashley really isn't doing anything different from any other retailer. 

Much the same as him being dragged over coals for 0 hour contracts, JD sports were employing all thier full time staff on 0 hours to avoid paying holiday pay when I worked there 20 years ago. 

The difference is Ashley is an absolute cunt and people don't like him. 

He also makes sure that anyone joining the company pension scheme is found to be doing something against the rules and is promptly sacked. Obviously so he doesn't have to make a contribution. That comes from an ex-employee.

Did well by us though.☠️

10 hours ago, Guardian said:

They may be suing us already. 

Its not like we'd be told. That would  be transparency. 

We would likely only find out from the filth or if it was dragged out in court. 

Hummel won't be suing us any time soon.

I used to work with their new CEO and it's not how they operate.

Plus, they know they've struck gold both with getting us and getting Gerrard.

4 hours ago, True Hair Bear said:

This 100 %... Plus I'm buying the kits for my son I will not be boycotting something this board messed up after all King did say he and his legal team would be going through the sports direct contracts with a fine tooth comb when they had taken over.. The legal team missed a loophole to let Mike Ashley stay in or back in they should have of seen so when buying out of the contract it should have been spotted. I'm not boycotting something this board fucked up.. 

At the end of the day we will be getting as good a deal as any as the fat man has to match the JD offer so the club still gets the same amount of money per strip so nothing has changed in that effect. Still hard to believe the board or their legal team missed such a big clause in the contract so I'm a bit mythed about that. I think the board need to come out with a statement to explain to fans about what's happened and put their minds at ease as it might damage shirt sales.

4 hours ago, True Hair Bear said:

There is no way any cunt missed  anything. We prepared the agreement ffs not SDI.

I say this is no fuck up because we missed something, but no idea wtf the agenda is. Make of that what you will, but I smell shite.

However, no matter what it is it will not prevent me from buying and anyone suggesting boycottts are the morons they always were who are undermining this club to perpetuate a self serving agenda to our detriment.

On 2 August 2018 at 19:31, Davhow said:

This 100%.

Too much sense and legitimacy in that for the usual detractors.

14 hours ago, bob1873 said:

Ashley has to sell to every type of person.  Rangers only need to target our own fans which isn't particularly difficult although we seem to make an art out of making things difficult for ourselves.   At this point in time our support is chomping at the bit to buy the strips but we can't.  The board, or someone on it, has mucked up big time.  

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ashley has to sell to every type of person.  Rangers only need to target our own fans which isn't particularly difficult although we seem to make an art out of making things difficult for ourselves.   At this point in time our support is chomping at the bit to buy the strips but we can't.  The board, or someone on it, has mucked up big time.  

Absolutely mate 100% time they were either accountable or actually told us the score within legal boundaries off course.

6 hours ago, TheMotor said:

Hummel won't be suing us any time soon.

I used to work with their new CEO and it's not how they operate.

Plus, they know they've struck gold both with getting us and getting Gerrard.

How could your mate have known Hummel's policy before he started working for them?

22 minutes ago, Dave Donnellan said:

How could your mate have known Hummel's policy before he started working for them?

Sorry, I'm slightly confused with the question.

It's an ex-colleague who is their new CEO. His employment background is with companies that are not particularly litigious. He's a collaborative type of guy rather than confrontational. I'm not certain, though I expect he would also have been the guy who signed off on the deal as he was appointed CEO before it was announced.

I just don't believe he would throw them into a legal fight with us now.