Possible end to the strip saga?

48 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

it was but we cant just keep looking back can we, King assured us this would be sorted quickly and amicably but its been dragged out and is costing us a fortune

I agree. But I just thought most of the posters comments were aimed at the wrong folk. I’m no lawyer but I’m positive contracts and legally binding agreements can’t be sorted as quickly as we all want.

Not defending King Btw just putting some perspective on Greene’s clusterfuck and those left to untangle it. Seems folks want to blame rather than understand  

he might have his flaws but when a greedy fucking cunt tries to milk us for every penny when we really needed structured investment that may just need some time to try and put right  

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree. But I just thought most of the posters comments were aimed at the wrong folk. I’m no lawyer but I’m positive contracts and legally binding agreements can’t be sorted as quickly as we all want.

Not defending King Btw just putting some perspective on Greene’s clusterfuck and those left to untangle it. Seems folks want to blame rather than understand  

he might have his flaws but when a greedy fucking cunt tries to milk us for every penny when we really needed structured investment that may just need some time to try and put right  

thats a fair point but he shouldn't be making promises he cant keep, seems to be a habit of his.

I agree the last thing we need now is a boycott, it would be pointless anyway. Im fed up with this shite they should just get the tops on sale and let us buy them and leave the fans out of this behind the scenes stuff cause its gone on too long. Most fans just want to buy tops for themselves and their kids and get on with supporting the team and forget all this boardroom shite

14 hours ago, DMax399 said:

A suicidal deal was signed by a previous board.  What we’re seeing are the steps required to at least put us on more favourable footing.

Its a huge shit sandwich and it’s cost us a lot of cash, but you can’t shoot the board for the ridiculous decisions made by their predecessors.

Selling strips to generate additional revenue is the priority.

It wiz theybither guys dave is Rangers froo n froo. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This for me this is the single most important thing

do this and everything else will follow. 

Was in Lanzarote last month and was good to see loads of Rangers tops kids way full strips on etc,there was one Tim top,this is the way it used to be wherever you went our colours were always out there and everywhere and we need to get back to this.

49 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I agree the last thing we need now is a boycott, it would be pointless anyway. Im fed up with this shite they should just get the tops on sale and let us buy them and leave the fans out of this behind the scenes stuff cause its gone on too long. Most fans just want to buy tops for themselves and their kids and get on with supporting the team and forget all this boardroom shite

Fully agree a 2nd boycott of SD doesn't help anyone. Unless we are being fed more BS it's a better deal and the club gets the majority of the money. Money that will be needed if we are ever going to challange again  

I'll be buying new tops once released. 

52 minutes ago, AyrshireBlue said:

Havent they just exercised the right to "match or exceed any offer"

We will still get the same cash?

Will be buying all the strips.

Some will not buy. Folk on here have confirmed this.

Some clauses could relate to penalties if certain sales levels aren't met, or additional bonuses if they are. So if there's a boycott or folk just so against SD then it could cost us more even though terms are the same.

18 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some will not buy. Folk on here have confirmed this.

Some clauses could relate to penalties if certain sales levels aren't met, or additional bonuses if they are. So if there's a boycott or folk just so against SD then it could cost us more even though terms are the same.

Never thought of it like that i suppose.

Lets remember how we got into this mess in the first place. A long term deal was signed by those who did not have our best interests at heart.

Getting out of the deal was never going to be easy considering the financial powers of SD. 

Can't we sell the strips ourselves via the Rangers shop and online rather than going though any 3rd party?

9 minutes ago, five stars said:

Lets remember how we got into this mess in the first place. A long term deal was signed by those who did not have our best interests at heart.

Getting out of the deal was never going to be easy considering the financial powers of SD. 

Can't we sell the strips ourselves via the Rangers shop and online rather than going though any 3rd party?

Not if you want to make any money. 

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

This debacle has just shown king and the rest of the board up as clueless idiots.

Why the hell did we decide to take it to court knowing there was a legally binding contract?

What the fcuk was that £3m for last season?

Why agree a deal with JD sports (one mike Ashley has a shareholding in) only to renege on it 3 months down the line?

It’s unbelievable! My 3 year old nephew could negotiate better deals.