Officialdom Conspiracy?

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I know what you mean.

But we also look more disciplined and fitter (therefore not making tired challenges).

Ref v Rapid also called a lot correct (linesman didnt obviously).

Two teams in a row battered us off park, or tried to, and we held our ground and kept discipline.

Last season, Stokes was literally punching Tavernier in the head and not getting sent off for it.  Not so about "tired challenges" as it is just hoping the Referees follow the rule book and make the correct decisions.  That Motherwell player laughing about breaking Cardoso's nose was a disgrace too the treatment our team received last season was a disgrace.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I know what you mean.

But we also look more disciplined and fitter (therefore not making tired challenges).

Ref v Rapid also called a lot correct (linesman didnt obviously).

Two teams in a row battered us off park, or tried to, and we held our ground and kept discipline.

It is the first game I have been to in years , where the refs haven't given at least 3/4 contentious decisions against us .

We battered Hivs last year and Beaton helped Hivs win that game with some of the most scandalous refereeing we have ever seen .

Such a change on Sunday . Wonder why ..

Was working so never got to game. Stream I was watching crashed 1st half but I saw the 2nd half. 

From what I did see then and have caught since it looked like a couple of soft bookings for us, ref egged on by their players, but nothing overly contentious. Simple and correct yellows for their red.

Nothing new added to the scores on doors.

30 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

From what I did see then and have caught since it looked like a couple of soft bookings for us, ref egged on by their players, but nothing overly contentious. Simple and correct yellows for their red.

There was one in particular, I can't remember who, that the ref had gave the free-kick and wasn't going to book him until they got in his ear and he called him over and booked him. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

There was one in particular, I can't remember who, that the ref had gave the free-kick and wasn't going to book him until they got in his ear and he called him over and booked him. 

Was worrals booking mate 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Such a change on Sunday . Wonder why ..

A level of accountability spare of late now highlighted by the respected and credible source that is SG..

• 2 weeks later...

Saw much of the game whilst at work today.

Surprised given the challenges made on our players the card count at half time.

Re the penalties the officials deserve credit for spotting 2 certain fouls. They weren't clear from all angles, but from certain angles they showed clear infringements, no dubiety.

Not sure if anything else happened that I missed that was contentious, but for me no scores added for or against today.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Unsure how getting your legs clipped which makes you fall is the same as feeling contact, going down deliberately and giving the ref a decision to make.

Both were fouls, would have been given anywhere else on the park.

The ref got the three penalties spot on. He had a good game, I thought. A few issues, but he got the major stuff right. Thought the Morelos booking was the worst moment. Seemed like he was booked for some cunt squaring up to him again. 

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

The Hamilton player should have been booked in the first minute, other than that I thought the ref had a good game. 

Suprised that the same player gave away two penalties and stayed on the park. 

Yeah, he should have.

Dont think either pen should be a booking though. 

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

The Hamilton player should have been booked in the first minute, other than that I thought the ref had a good game. 

Suprised that the same player gave away two penalties and stayed on the park. 

Overall good game from the ref.

I felt morelos yellow was harsh. It was the scott Brown wannabe that squared up. Morelos didn't take the bait and still got a booking. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Overall good game from the ref.

I felt morelos yellow was harsh. It was the scott Brown wannabe that squared up. Morelos didn't take the bait and still got a booking. 

He got booked for the tackle, which was deserved iirc. 

Archived