A big thank you....

Gascoigne8

7 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

.......To all the bears in full voice tonight. A very happy 7 year old went to his bed with a smile on his face after that atmosphere tonight.  Cannae wait till the next rounds home game.  

Great time to be a Ger

Bet he's still not asleep 

6 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Completely the opposite mate lol, came in and the mrs (who isnt keen on him at night games as hes usually a grumpy wee shit the next day)  asked how he got on. He told her all about the game, every saturday we follow and doing the bouncy. He went for a wash and we realised it was all quiet, went into his room and hes out for the count with a big cheesy grin in his face.

Hes been going since he was 4 and had a season book for 2 years now and there have been some demoralising times but i think we are on the right track now, especially for the kids who have never seen us play with the intensity we did tonight.

Love it 

Brilliant 

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

When you do mate remember and get a video of him coming out into the stadium. Still watch the one of my wee fella every so often lol

My daughter is 3 cant wait to take her to her 1st game. Will defo be filming her arrival when it happens. Its not far away. She is always singing follow follow ?

7 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

.......To all the bears in full voice tonight. A very happy 7 year old went to his bed with a smile on his face after that atmosphere tonight.  Cannae wait till the next rounds home game.  

Great time to be a Ger

Brilliant! It's great to see the young kids at the game, proudly wearing the colours and hopefully doing just that for the rest of their lives. Get the re-run back on RTV (great value), let him get the colours back on and let him, you and his pals enjoy it again. It's a great time to be a bear (and every other day too) :UK:

I took my grandson to his first ever game in the friendly against Bury. It was a hugely proud moment for me and still feel quite emotional just thinking back to it. Got a few pics of him in his 'One in a Minion' scarf (he chose it himself) :rangers: He's 3, nearly four, so it was an ideal opportunity to do just that, although he only lasted until half time as we were there early and he started to get tired. Great night and won't be forgotten by either of us.

Reminded me of my first Rangers game as a 9 year old against Parma (the 2-0 game). My Dad when he recalls that story says I had to be scraped off the ceiling when we got home cause I was just buzzing. Distinctly remember going to bed that night with the fans ringing in my ears.

Last night was exactly the same.

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Remember my Dad taking me in the 60s, then me taking my boy in the early 90s and I can’t wait to take my 4 year old Granddaughter this season. We have been besmirched,demonised and attacked by politicians, police spokesmen and two bit journalists  but we’re still here and after years of misery and false dawns we’ve finally turned the corner. A great time to pass the faith on to the next generation. 

Lets Go.

My Dad called me after the game last night and asked what the atmosphere was like.

He reckons his top atmospheres were Dortmund and Zaragoza in the 60s, the Bayern Semi in 72, and then Parma in 99.

My son is 9 and has had a season ticket for the last few seasons but probably only went to a handful of games each season as always seemed to be a better offer like going out to play etc. Now he is buzzing for the next game and can’t wait to go on Sunday. We really shouldn’t underestimate the Gerarrd effect both on and off the park. If this continues and given the context he could be one of the greatest appointments in our great history.

I do have a few gutted mates that’ll be missing out on a ticket every second week though.

28 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My Dad called me after the game last night and asked what the atmosphere was like.

He reckons his top atmospheres were Dortmund and Zaragoza in the 60s, the Bayern Semi in 72, and then Parma in 99.

The atmosphere and noise againt Man U in 2003 pre-match until Neville scored on 5mins is something I'll never forget. That goal was a real kick in the balls though.

There was some cracking euro nights in the late 90's and early 00's.

44 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Bayern and SCF v Bheasts in 1972 for me but last night sounded like Ibrox used to.