Early days but.....

beararse

15 minutes ago, Sket said:

For the first time in years,that felt like Rangers last night.

When it went tonto last night with about 3 mins to go it was almost feeling as good as your psv etc at home in the CL in stands. It was rocking.

Second half performance was absolutely top notch 

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

When it went tonto last night with about 3 mins to go it was almost feeling as good as your psv etc at home in the CL in stands. It was rocking.

I said the same to the boy next to me,it was magic. 

You sitting in the Copland Front last night? Sure I seen you in the toilet.

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

There was a bit where about 3 different songs were getting belted out ? we were giving it the we love you Rangers chant in the Copland , the enclosure were singing something and then derrys walls just travelled through the ground . 

39 minutes ago, Sket said:

For the first time in years,that felt like Rangers last night.

Was saying that to my mate on the way back from the match last night. It’s still early doors but beginning to feel confident we’ll regularly put on a performance. This is a big change compared to the last few years where most fans were going into too many matches thinking ‘I’ll take a draw’ etc. 

6 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

I'll admit when the news first broke I wasn't for it at all. 

He's proved me wrong so far. Long may it continue

Same, but as with anything of that nature - delighted to be proven wrong.

Early days, but I'm starting to get caught up in it all now.

Like many, I was very concerned about the Gerard appointment. Just couldn’t help feeling we needed a safer option. Less of a gamble. 

It has gone spectacularly well so far. 

As the OP says, still early days but I wouldn’t have believed that we could have moved so many players in and out and done so while making the new group so tight and committed to each other and the team. 

The litmus test is coming. We will see how the first game against the taigs goes. Of course it’s not a make or break but it will give as a strong indicator of how far we have come. 

1 minute ago, TBagalag said:

Was saying that to my mate on the way back from the match last night. It’s still early doors but beginning to feel confident we’ll regularly put on a performance. This is a big change compared to the last few years where most fans were going into too many matches thinking ‘I’ll take a draw’ etc. 

Seems to have been a whole shift in mentality throughout the club.

Wasn't happy with the Gerrard appointment but I'll tell you what....see if he wins us a trophy this year I'm gonnae pump him.

Just now, Sket said:

Seems to have been a whole shift in mentality throughout the club.

Wasn't happy with the Gerrard appointment but I'll tell you what....see if he wins us a trophy this year I'm gonnae pump him.

I think you will be part of a long queue should Gerrard indeed get us a trophy this year.?

I don’t think we need to wait a few months for praise and tbh a few were worried about this being his first job but even already I can tell the man is going to transform us.

i know it’s early but from our utter disgraceful shambolic performances last season to that performance against a champion league team was tremdous,he come in and got rid of all the fannies and is building a proper Rangers team who are going to play and fight for our club.

we are 2/3 signings away from having a genuine chance of winning the league and I never thought I would be saying that last season.

26 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Like many, I was very concerned about the Gerard appointment. Just couldn’t help feeling we needed a safer option. Less of a gamble. 

It has gone spectacularly well so far. 

As the OP says, still early days but I wouldn’t have believed that we could have moved so many players in and out and done so while making the new group so tight and committed to each other and the team. 

The litmus test is coming. We will see how the first game against the taigs goes. Of course it’s not a make or break but it will give as a strong indicator of how far we have come. 

We are well equipped to go to the scumdome on any level playing field 

I'm not taking in favourable refs and officials of course which I'm absolutely certain we will be up against 

43 minutes ago, Sket said:

I said the same to the boy next to me,it was magic. 

You sitting in the Copland Front last night? Sure I seen you in the toilet.

Aye mate my seat is there was in about 5mins to kick off  

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I don’t think we need to wait a few months for praise and tbh a few were worried about this being his first job but even already I can tell the man is going to transform us.

i know it’s early but from our utter disgraceful shambolic performances last season to that performance against a champion league team was tremdous,he come in and got rid of all the fannies and is building a proper Rangers team who are going to play and fight for our club.

we are 2/3 signings away from having a genuine chance of winning the league and I never thought I would be saying that last season.

You are not wrong there

A decent finisher and possibly 1 midfielder that runs beyond the defenders and left sided attacking player with maybe better quality than Kent 

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are well equipped to go to the scumdome on any level playing field 

I'm not taking in favourable refs and officials of course which I'm absolutely certain we will be up against 

Confidence is high and justifiably so. But I am not sure that between now and then we will play a better team so that’s the biggest challenge we will face and if we do as we all hope we can do, then there will be real optimism for 55. 

My belief is growing but we need to face the bheasts

I'm still buzzing from the result from last night and probably in general with how far the team has come in such little time. 

Hopefully now we can go over there and get the job done next week, I believe we're more than capable now of going over there and getting a result which given last season's nightmare in Europe is quite something.

On that type of form 2nd half in particular teams up here will not fancy playing against that at all!!!!

9 hours ago, GT66 said:

Recruitment (cbs especially) has been spot on. 

Building from the back is pretty much the number one rule building a team. 

I wouldn't mind perfecting, and investing at the back, if it means supplementing the front with loans. 

Kent, Ejaria and Coulibaly were all brilliant tonight. 

Ejaria looks like a younger Yaya Toure that will actually get stuck in. 

Ejaria has been my main worry up till last night that is .

Mainly because he looked like he was trying to be too flash .Maybe the fact that the likes of Katic and Goldson have settled so well and look like they have played for years together .Maybe once he's settled we have a real quality first pick in this guy 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

You are not wrong there

A decent finisher and possibly 1 midfielder that runs beyond the defenders and left sided attacking player with maybe better quality than Kent 

Completely agree bud if we were to get all 3 before window shuts I will be estatic my gut feeling is we will get one or two this window and the rest in jan

23 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Ejaria has been my main worry up till last night that is .

Mainly because he looked like he was trying to be too flash .Maybe the fact that the likes of Katic and Goldson have settled so well and look like they have played for years together .Maybe once he's settled we have a real quality first pick in this guy 

I thought Ejaria played well last night. He is very good at creating time for himself on the ball.

Clearly has the ability and can mix it (where he slid into the tackle, wiped out the guy, was fouled by another yet still got up and came away with the ball and got booked for the privilege).

Just needs to hit a pass a bit harder at times and release the ball a nano second quicker when attacking.

Think he’ll surprise a few as the season progresses.

Re: another post on here, he reminds me more of Pogba (ie a bit of a stroller) than Toure (ie less direct) at the moment  ?  

21 minutes ago, beararse said:

I thought Ejaria played well last night. He is very good at creating time for himself on the ball.

Clearly has the ability and can mix it (where he slid into the tackle, wiped out the guy, was fouled by another yet still got up and came away with the ball and got booked for the privilege).

Just needs to hit a pass a bit harder at times and release the ball a nano second quicker when attacking.

Think he’ll surprise a few as the season progresses.

Re: another post on here, he reminds me more of Pogba (ie a bit of a stroller) than Toure (ie less direct) at the moment  ?  

In his good moments he's Toure.

In his bad he's Traore.

By the end of the season, I think we'll be glad he was here.