Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brackley said:

Can't see it happening. 

Imagine Man Ure  drawn away to a Russian team in Champions league and being told to sod off you're not getting visas so the Russian team can claim a victory. 

Man U probably won't wait until the last minute to apply for them tbf. 

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

This is a team from some Russian backwater that are less than 10 years old and have never been in Europe before. It’s entirely plausible that they have made a total cunt of it.

When you read what the representative from the club is saying he sounds like he knows they've totally fucked up and is trying to blame it on the politics of our poor relations with Russia.

22 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I would love for this to happen. I dont think it will, but there has been cases recently re athletes and UK visas - and we are not on the best of terms with Russia at the moment either...

The other thing is that we’re not talking about Thursday, we’re talking about Wednesday because UEFA dictate that you must be there the day before. Which means the visas would need to be issued on the Tuesday, ie 48 hours from now.

”even the accelerated process takes five days...”

All gift horses welcome. After the shit we’ve been through in recent years, I’ll happily take the rub of the green in our favour for a change.

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why?

Loads of places are reporting it, Gerrard even spoke about it today, Russian cyclist couldn't make European games as a result. There's a real possibility they might not get visas just like the Ufa chairman stated. 

They seemed to get their applications in quickly and if all the paperwork is in order it can priority expedited, even those BTW morons should manage that.  That said I'll be happy with a bye. 

12 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Can't see it happening. 

Imagine Man Ure  drawn away to a Russian team in Champions league and being told to sod off you're not getting visas so the Russian team can claim a victory. 

They’ve not been told they won’t get them. They’ve not applied in time to get them in the necessary time. There’s a huge difference between simply refusing to issue them and the club not having applied for them as yet. 

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

They seemed to get their applications in quickly and if all the paperwork is in order it can priority expedited, even those BTW morons should manage that.  That said I'll be happy with a bye. 

The priority takes five days to process. They are, going by their chairman’s quotes, yet to even apply for them. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They’ve not been told they won’t get them. They’ve not applied in time to get them in the necessary time. There’s a huge difference between simply refusing to issue them and the club not having applied for them as yet. 

Ufa dont sound too confident.

It would be great if UFA forfeit.  We can bank the £2.5m for reaching the group stages now and maybe get a higher quality of player in before the window shuts.  It also means a rest prior to the Old Firm game while the scum play on the Thursday.  There's no down side from a Rangers point of view.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Ufa dont sound too confident.

I’m not surprised. I can’t see the Home Office ignoring the usual process to grant them visas by Tuesday and then have to deal with the possible shit show that bring for them afterwards. Don’t understand why they’ve waited so long to get the ball rolling tbh. I’d have expected them to have at least started the process within hours of learning of a potential trip to the U.K.

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

Can't see it happening. 

Imagine some Russian citizens are poisoned by Russian citizens, in London. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I’m not surprised. I can’t see the Home Office ignoring the usual process to grant them visas by Tuesday and then have to deal with the possible shit show that bring for them afterwards. Don’t understand why they’ve waited so long to get the ball rolling tbh. I’d have expected them to have at least started the process within hours of learning of a potential trip to the U.K.

Should they have applied before the second leg against progress then?

41 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Would they not just lose the first leg 3-0, meaning we would still have to travel out there the Thursday before the old firm?

No mate , that's what I thought too but it's over in the other thread that they would forfeit both games if they don't get them 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

That would’ve been the obvious step imo. Especially with the political stuff just now. I mean, even fans on here were talking about sorting visas etc after the draw was made so there’s no reason for Ufa to have taken so long. 

30 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Seems very strange that a team should potentially be thrown out for something which is not totally in their control.  

The draw got made nearly two weeks ago. They should have applied knowing that a potential visit to the UK was in the cards. No sympathy at all, I’d say the same about us if we were in the same position. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The priority takes five days to process. They are, going by their chairman’s quotes, yet to even apply for them. 

Usually takes five days, having dealt with British Embassy officials in various countries, 'usually can be a flexible term, will not complain however if they do not get them.  

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They could have applied on Friday! It’s poor management.

i do think the game will go ahead though 

Archived