Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

So are UEFA saying you need to apply for visas for 2 countries? If they can't play then i think UEFA will need to change the schedule of their qualifying rounds.

It is called forwrd planning. Covering your bases. 3k or so for visas is hardly a big outlay and avoids situations like this.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

It is called forwrd planning. Covering your bases. 3k or so for visas is hardly a big outlay and avoids situations like this.

I don't agree anyone should have to apply for visas for 2 different countries as a result of the timescales involved, be interesting to see if anyone has ever done that.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

That's a decision for the British Embassy, IMO they will get their visas in time for the game.

Even had they applied on Friday 5 days would still have taken them to the day of the game before they could travel, which is also unrealistic.

So are UEFA saying you need to apply for visas for 2 countries? If they can't play then i think UEFA will need to change the schedule of their qualifying rounds.

UEFA will pressure the British Embassy into fast tracking the visas.

UEFA telling the British government to hurry things along. That would be a laugh ? EUFA and FIFA do not like politicians interferring in football matters, Can't have cake and eat it.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I don't agree anyone should have to apply for visas for 2 different countries as a result of the timescales involved, be interesting to see if anyone has ever done that.

Would they have required visas to go to Slovenia? The bulk of clubs in the competition won’t need visas to travel anywhere. 

1 minute ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

No mention of this in any post match interviews with Gerrard or players. Think this is the tarriers attempt at Operation Tango...

Ffs man.

Do people on here just dive in without reading anything :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Would they have required visas to go to Slovenia? The bulk of clubs in the competition won’t need visas to travel anywhere

The restrictions on Russia-UK travel have been in place for months since the ex-spy got poisoned so can't exactly be news to anyone 

If offered a bye on this I would grab it with both hands. I don't understand why anyone would hope we have to play an away tie in outer fkn wherever a couple of days before the Cellic game. Just once I would like to see us getting the rub of the green (for want of a better expression) think of the GIRFUY to the twats on other forums.  Rules is rules, remember......

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

I'm struggling to fathom why people  aren't grasping this...

Otherwise you could just win the first leg 4-0 and forfeit the 2nd leg, take the 3-0 loss and still go through. 

Especially when the regulations have been posted on then previous page of the thread.

13 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

That's a decision for the British Embassy, IMO they will get their visas in time for the game.

Even had they applied on Friday 5 days would still have taken them to the day of the game before they could travel, which is also unrealistic.

UEFA will pressure the British Embassy into fast tracking the visas.

UFA knew who their possible opponents would be, and would only need a visa for the UK would they not? Either way, they could have done more imo and i can't see why the British embassy would be rushing in to help out here.

There must be a case for Rangers to insist on a visa clearance date, or not, within the next 24 - 48 hours - this is due to allow the team to prepare and also get infrastructure in place, eg booking a TV crew and stewards, police etc. I'm beginning to think this tie will not go ahead.

Archived