Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Usually takes five days, having dealt with British Embassy officials in various countries, 'usually can be a flexible term, will not complain however if they do not get them.  

Five business days iirc not just five calendar days. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A no show is a forfeit not a 3-0.

Why did the Russians leave it so late ? They must have known how long it can take. They knew it was Glasgow or Slovenia if thet got past Progres.

Might have cost 3k if they applied for visas they would not be using (say 30 x 100) which is nothing. They chose not to so their problem.

I would rather play them but it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A no show is a forfeit not a 3-0.

Why did the Russians leave it so late ? They must have known how long it can take. They knew it was Glasgow or Slovenia if thet got past Progres.

Might have cost 3k if they applied for visas they would not be using (say 30 x 100) which is nothing. They chose not to so their problem.

I would rather play them but it is what it is.

A forfeit is officially recorded as a 3-0 walkover.

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

You canny apply for any entry sports visa on a probability - must be specific to game, date & time mate. 

Rangers, Ibrox, This Thursday at 7.45pm. That’s one of the reasons the draw is done a bit in advance. To allow teams to sort out travel, visas etc 

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Like everybody else I have no idea where this goes. To me the fairest outcome is to put both ties back by a week.

games have already been moved to accommodate the existing two fixtures - a move impacts fans, the teams plus the media.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I've read into this and if they're not applying till tomorrow this isn't going to happen 

their president's quoted in that article as saying they are going to apply 'after the game against Dinamo', which is tomorrow. They've haven't done so already - it's a fuck up on their end.

“After the game against Dinamo, we will go with our prepared documents to the British Embassy."

“We hope they are able to accelerate the process, but we will know for certain what is happening on Monday."

Just now, frenv said:

their president's quoted in that article as saying they are going to apply 'after the game against Dinamo', which is today (not a working day, I'd have thought). They've haven't done so already - it's a fuck up on their end.

“After the game against Dinamo, we will go with our prepared documents to the British Embassy."

“We hope they are able to accelerate the process, but we will know for certain what is happening on Monday."

They play Dinamo tomorrow mate.

58 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Would they not just lose the first leg 3-0, meaning we would still have to travel out there the Thursday before the old firm?

Not sure, the way this is worded I got the impression it means they would forfeit the whole tie? 

“If FC Ufa weren’t granted their visas on time, they would be left with no option but to forfeit the tie and allow Rangers a walkover into the Group Stages.”

Archived