***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

19 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I have that feeling too. It might allow us to score a fair few if we had a player who can pick the ball deep and ping a quick pass to release our attacking players, but i’m not sure we have that player.

We certainly have the defence for it that’s for sure. I agree though we definitely need a creative midfield player to link defence with attack if that’s the way we are going. 

I hope not though 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, soulboy said:

We've played 8 games in europe undefeated and apart from the last game refs have been ok .

Played 4 games in league and every ref has been honking, every fuck up they make has led to a goal or a sending off.

Stop it. Stop it now.

No more fucking shite excuses. We have to concentrate on putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition. It’s as simple as that. 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

A bridge too far given the schedule - that's our 10th game in exactly 1 calendar month, with 6 of those being away ties. In that time we have been to Croatia, Slovenia and Russia. That took its toll today.

Exactly my thoughts. I think he set the team up to contain because he knew they were shattered.

He said from day one that getting into the EL group stages was not only his own target but that of the board. It was achieved thanks to a ridiculous schedule which included trailing all over Eastern Europe and an entirely random (now that’s what I call sarcasm) fixture list that sent us to Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Fir Park and the Glitterdome in the first few weeks with a solitary home game in between.

The international break is coming at the perfect time. We will review, analyse, rest, refresh and be ready when the break is over.

Arfield, Kent, Ejaria, Lafferty etc were all completely knackered today. We will be a very different side when we play them at Ibrox.

32 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

That game today doesn't determine if we are title challengers or not.

The next run of games before we meet them again at Xmas does.  

Time to get the head down and pick up league points.

After a few hours to calm down you are bang on with that Cushy, it is hard to take another defeat from them, but it is not the end of our title bid, it just seemed like it at 2pm today.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Stop it. Stop it now.

No more fucking shite excuses. We have to concentrate on putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition. It’s as simple as that. 

Pointing out referees in this country are shite is not an excuse have you seen the video from the thistle game yesterday ? 

Going to school saying the dog ate your homework is an excuse 

Not making excuses, they were the better side today and deserved to win, but also think fatigue plus our injury list were factors in our defeat. When you consider we had an entire midfield unavailable - Murphy, Dorrans,  Rossiter, Coulibahly,  there is definitely room for optimism.

38 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Not making excuses, they were the better side today and deserved to win, but also think fatigue plus our injury list were factors in our defeat. When you consider we had an entire midfield unavailable - Murphy, Dorrans,  Rossiter, Coulibahly,  there is definitely room for optimism.

exactly. We weren't good. But to suggest the fixture and travel hasn't played a part is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think SG likes us to sit and counter attack I really do. 

It’s creeping in. Throw in Middleton, Kent and Grezda some solid defenders and a not very creative midfield- there’s your counter attacking team right there. 

Our backs have been to the wall on more than one occasion recently- defending deep inviting the opposition on to us - today was not the day for that tactic. 

He’s thinking middleton/Kent/Grezda will create something (ie Motherwell/cElt!c) I can see it. I don’t like it

2 sub appearances for Middleton in the league now and he's barely had a touch of the ball.

He's young and should improve but for now it seems he's only useful in games that we're already dominating and can use him to run at the opposition defence. Strange decision to send him on today.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

exactly. We weren't good. But to suggest the fixture and travel hasn't played a part is ridiculous.

I think the gaffer set up to contain due to the fatigue caused by fixtures and travel. That last game vs UFA took a lot out of us. If we had better preparations I belive we would have gone with the high press we've used. 

However mistakes were made. I think the subs should have come sooner. Ejiara looked dead on his feet and Mccrories fresh energy would have helped. A bit more width with Candieas on as well. 

We've got the international break and players to come into the starting 11. Today wasn't going to decide the title. We now need to get on a good run and make sure we are there abouts come ibrox in December. 

Just now, gogzy said:

Just back from work.   Did we fight for everything and come up short, or did we capitulate like previous games?

we were poor mate. No lack of effort, but we looked short and tired in many areas. Goldson, Katic and shagger were immense. Our crossbar was MoTM.

1 hour ago, Grundy said:

Wouldn't take much of a positive from the injury list point. Murphy won't play again this season, Dorrans is past it, Rossiter will never play more than a game or two before being out injured again for another long spell. Coulibally is the only one who is going to play an important role this season.

Fuck me. This is a nightmare. Yip, I'm normally just reading but ffs. 

Ref had a howler for build up. And loadsa other things. We got to get used to this. You always play against the ref. 

Rub went their way the day. I'm no happy but

We're no far away 

Lack of noise from our fans in that midden doesn't help. 

We'll do them at home 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Awful performance mate.  1-0 makes us look very good.

THat's disappointing, I thought we would have at least fought for it today.

I can understand that we were tired, and they are a team that aren't only 1 or so games into playing with each other.  I still expect a Rangers team to go out there and give it everything they have.  Anything less than 100% effort isn't good enough in these games.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

THat's disappointing, I thought we would have at least fought for it today.

I can understand that we were tired, and they are a team that aren't only 1 or so games into playing with each other.  I still expect a Rangers team to go out there and give it everything they have.  Anything less than 100% effort isn't good enough in these games.

I wouldn't say there was a lack of effort mate. We set out to contain I think due to fatigue. 

But we couldn't keep hold of the ball and going foward we were poor. Reminded me of that 2nd half vs Motherwell. Long balls up the pitch and unable to string some passed together to relieve the pressure.

Archived