***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

Bitterly disappointed by the result obviously, but the manner of the defeat was frustrating.

Getting to 0-0 half-time was decent but we had to kick on from there.

We looked tired, we missed the legs of Coulibaly, but our attacking threat was non-existent.

I hope that Eros Grezda is a step up in quality, because overall the quality was what was letting us down. We held on defensively, yes, but we never had enough to catch them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate losing to them but in spite of that I remain more positive than I have been in a while. 

Defensively we were so much better than recently. I agree with Gerrard that it was a poor refereeing decision. Also, there is no doubt we were tired. The break comes at a good time for us to take stock of our start to the season.  

I've seen us sit back and hit them on the counter many a time under Walter but feel we lacked in midfield today. For me, at home, with Coulibaly and Grezda instead of Kent and Ejaria we are getting something. Coulibaly was a massive miss today and there was no point throwing him in unfit. Kent and Ejaria are OK but too inexperienced to be starting these games with. I'd rather they came off the bench. 

We didn't even try to win the midfield today we just gave it up. Very negative tactics today and to be honest 1-0 flatters us.

The substitions, the order and timing, baffled me today as well.

Shite result, shite performance but the hard work starts now. Can't blame europe at home to Dundee or St Johnstone or Livingston. We need to go win some games now.

16 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

We lost, was always going to be tough. It was close, we could have snatched a draw or even a win had we been more adventurous but play that game in a 50/50 stadium (cup tie) or league at Ibrox and result is different. Not without faults but a big improvement overall. This was their cup final. Maybe our management and players had to experience that to kick on.

What game were you watching?? If it wasn't for some miracle saves from McGregor, we would have been looking at a 3 or 4 nil defeat. Same sitting off them tactics from last year, never worked then and doesn't work now. I doubt it is a big improvement overall ;.our league position says we are no better than where we were this time last season.

16 minutes ago, Cadman said:

If you watch it again it looks like Rogic has barged Ryan Jack and puts his left knee into the back of Jack's right leg ,, causing him to lose his footing. 

Other way around I wouldn’t have expected a foul mate. That the only thing I can say on it. 

Point still stands about Rogic gets to run the length of the pitch almost without anyone even getting close enough to touch him never mind bring him down. 

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Regroup, learn and pump them at Ibrox, it’s doable if the boss gets the tactics right.

If Levin can do it........

This is the frustrating thing - we've seen how they can be beaten if pressured in midfield and if you have a real go at that shaky defence. Yet we persistently sit off them and only hit their defence late in the game. We allowed them to become confident on the ball, yet again ...

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

What game were you watching?? If it wasn't for some miracle saves from McGregor, we would have been looking at a 3 or 4 nil defeat. Same sitting off them tactics from last year, never worked then and doesn't work now. I doubt it is a big improvement overall ;.our league position says we are no better than where we were this time last season.

Give it a few weeks, we have been to Pittodrie and Parkhead, had one home game which we won, and had 8 qualifying games in the Europa. We have a first 11 starter coming back from injury and what seems to be a very decent attacking option and an under 21 England international CB  signed on Friday. Let's see what happens after the break. 

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It's all about the league, let's be honest here.

We aren’t going to win the league, never were. Folk need to realise that. If they don’t they are going to have lots of days like this.

There are a number of steps needed here. This window was the first.

Having said that, we’re it not for two last minute equalisers we would still be ok table wise.

Apart from St Mirren at home, we've had a fairly challenging set of fixtures domestically and in Europe since July, bearing in mind that it's virtually a new team since last season. Opportunity now to regroup, integrate all the squad additions, and then go on a real winning run. 

13 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Regroup, learn and pump them at Ibrox, it’s doable if the boss gets the tactics right.

If Levin can do it........

All that is for a few days from now mate . No the now

Did we not get all that bravado before the game .

Let's digest before we go back to that stuff

1 minute ago, Cracked Actor said:

Give it a few weeks, we have been to Pittodrie and Parkhead, had one home game which we won, and had 8 qualifying games in the Europa. We have a first 11 starter coming back from injury and what seems to be a very decent attacking option and an under 21 England international CB  signed on Friday. Let's see what happens after the break. 

Spot on, I’m gutted and ashamed of today’s efforts but all thing taken into consideration we can turn things round, our home games are a must win against all comers, that’s where Gerrard and this squad will be judged.

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

Apart from St Mirren at home, we've had a fairly challenging set of fixtures domestically and in Europe since July, bearing in mind that it's virtually a new team since last season. Opportunity now to regroup, integrate all the squad additions, and then go on a real winning run. 

Losing late goals to Aberdeen and Motherwell has made this result worse from a league point of view. Go into today with 9 points and although today's result would still hurt we wouldn't be playing catch up after only 4 games.

32 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

We lost, was always going to be tough. It was close, we could have snatched a draw or even a win had we been more adventurous but play that game in a 50/50 stadium (cup tie) or league at Ibrox and result is different. Not without faults but a big improvement overall. This was their cup final. Maybe our management and players had to experience that to kick on.

All that is wrong for me . They all look like weak excuses

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Well I refuse to believe that they are better than us so excuses are being made today, let us judge it after 4 league games against them  and whatever cup ties get thrown up. 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are all feeling the pain.. And it's bad.. But with all these new players mate, it was always going to be tough. 

If somebody had offered me this situation in June I would've grabbed it, but a result today would have been wonderful. 

Onwards and upwards and we remain the people. 

Archived