***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

Just now, gogzy said:

THat's disappointing, I thought we would have at least fought for it today.

I can understand that we were tired, and they are a team that aren't only 1 or so games into playing with each other.  I still expect a Rangers team to go out there and give it everything they have.  Anything less than 100% effort isn't good enough in these games.

What's disappointing for me is for 3 of our 4 games we've been pinned back for long stretches.  Sheep game I can handle, just. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

THat's disappointing, I thought we would have at least fought for it today.

I can understand that we were tired, and they are a team that aren't only 1 or so games into playing with each other.  I still expect a Rangers team to go out there and give it everything they have.  Anything less than 100% effort isn't good enough in these games.

I wouldn’t actually blame lack of effort mate - just everybody was so far off the pace we were overpowered.

Added to which we never put more than one or two passes together for the first hour, meaning we had no foothold in the game whatsoever.

First time we properly got forward, they did us on the break.

Just now, Moody Blue Legend said:

What's disappointing for me is for 3 of our 4 games we've been pinned back for long stretches.  Sheep game I can handle, just. 

:tu:

The high pressing game we play is effective, but it must be knackering.  This break is coming at a great time.

2 hours ago, soulboy said:

We've played 8 games in europe undefeated and apart from the last game refs have been ok .

Played 4 games in league and every ref has been honking, every fuck up they make has led to a goal or a sending off.

People will say there were no refereeing decisions in the St Mirren game that cost us, despite the tackle on Coulibaly not being deemed worthy of a foul never mind a booking. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

:tu:

The high pressing game we play is effective, but it must be knackering.  This break is coming at a great time.

I think even Klopp had trouble instilling it at Liverpool - you must have to train a certain way to be able to sustain it for more than a few games at a time.

Even they still have flat spots, like yesterday, for instance.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

It is disappointing. Today and Motherwell we couldn't get the ball out. Both times we couldn't string passes together or hold the ball leading to more attacks and being pinned back. 

Resorting to long balls just won't work. 

The break has come at a good time. We need to work on this and I hope with more time and gelling this will come together. 

42 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

2 sub appearances for Middleton in the league now and he's barely had a touch of the ball.

He's young and should improve but for now it seems he's only useful in games that we're already dominating and can use him to run at the opposition defence. Strange decision to send him on today.

Strange to send him on and then avoid giving him the ball.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Going to the dump is a hard place to get a result, I have been mentioning this for a week or so and received some backlash for saying a draw would be a good result. At the start of the season I would accept taking 6 points from 12 against them, but the problem with a defeat like today is the performance. Was nowhere near good enough, small clubs put in that type of performance.

To counter this point better Rangers teams in the past have put in better performances and still been beaten at that midden. 

We had everybody telling us that their defence is shit, we then went and hardly tried to threaten them for any length of time. Their defence were made to look good. We're fortunate to have got away with 1-0. No excuses acceptable,  it wasn't the referee that cost us it was our performance. 

6 hours ago, Ivybank said:

There miles ahead of us with better players simple as that

Ntcham, Rogic that fucking legomunching cunt piss all over any midfield 3 we can put out. 

We can argue tired this tired that hard start blah blah blah but that’s the bottom line. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Going to the dump is a hard place to get a result, I have been mentioning this for a week or so and received some backlash for saying a draw would be a good result. At the start of the season I would accept taking 6 points from 12 against them, but the problem with a defeat like today is the performance. Was nowhere near good enough, small clubs put in that type of performance.

To accept a draw as a good result before a ball is kicked is not fucking good enough, and is an attitude that deserves criticism. We play to win and we should set out to win every domestic game we play.

There's a big difference between the above mindset and then say accepting a draw as a good result if we'd have scored at the death today, based on how the game had played out beforehand.

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sure is mate.

Depressed and will be to the next game at least, fucking International week coming up as well!

Good time for the team, dreadful for us

27 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I keep seeing this over and over, that had no bearing whatsoever on the performance or the result, just another lame excuse for the team not turning up.

Pure stupid mate

I only heard the game on radio, but when I heard Lafferty and Morelos were both in, I though it would be another Motherwell performance and it seems that way. I wonder if we're best sticking with what works? Is SG trying to play KL and AM by default in the league?

I still think the Ufa trip and siege game had an effect.

47 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

I only heard the game on radio, but when I heard Lafferty and Morelos were both in, I though it would be another Motherwell performance and it seems that way. I wonder if we're best sticking with what works? Is SG trying to play KL and AM by default in the league?

I still think the Ufa trip and siege game had an effect.

It was simlar to Motherwell in terms of passing and ball control. Like last week we couldn't do either. Inviting constant pressure onto us.

Fatigue from UFA did play a part. Gerrard set up to sit deep and look for a counter. My feeling was he felt energy wasn't there for a high tempo pressing game

This approach didn't work but and they could have scored more. 

A lot of work needed and we need to improve our passing and controlling of the ball. 

We still need and badly lack quality middle to front. In both they areas they piss all over us. That and the fact we are scared of them are the two main reasons they continue to pump us.

1-0 going on 5 today, shameful performance, spare me the “9 men in Russia” pish ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I keep seeing this over and over, that had no bearing whatsoever on the performance or the result, just another lame excuse for the team not turning up.

Insane that people keep putting this forward as an excuse. 

Tiredness, referee, not gelled, no fans...the reality is the manager and players were awful today. They collectively fucked it with poor tactics, mental weakness, lack of courage (on the ball and off it). The pathetic excuses are taig like and embarrasing. 

9 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

We still need and badly lack quality middle to front. In both they areas they piss all over us. That and the fact we are scared of them are the two main reasons they continue to pump us.

1-0 going on 5 today, shameful performance, spare me the “9 men in Russia” pish ??‍♂️

Exactly. 

I don't know if it's wishful thinking or people just burying their heads in the sand. Gerrard got it massively wrong today. What we seen was a pathetic continuation of last years games against celtic. No amount of excuses will change the fact we were well, well short.

Archived