***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

The team must be as disappointed as fans are.

Imo, They've had a very heavy schedule and that push they did with 9 men at UFA showed today. I'm glad they've come away from this game with no injuries. The International break will give the team the respite needed.

My message to the team would be 'Good effort, rest up and beat them at Ibrox'.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Heshootshescores said:

We are all feeling the pain.. And it's bad.. But with all these new players mate, it was always going to be tough. 

If somebody had offered me this situation in June I would've grabbed it, but a result today would have been wonderful. 

Onwards and upwards and we remain the people. 

Always mate but it's too raw for me to come out with the easy lines of bravado .

Love this team , love most of these players and most certainly love SG .

I'm just not that sort of person that puts a painful defeat to the side so quickly 

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

All that is for a few days from now mate . No the now

Did we not get all that bravado before the game .

Let's digest before we go back to that stuff

There was no bravado from me m8, but we went to the sheep shaggers and were unlucky not to win, the team has it in them fuck knows why they didn’t show up today.

We have players injured, just maybe if the boss can field his first picks and get a decent game plan we can do better.

We must beat the scum at Ibrox or it’s Groundhog Day and them closer to 10 

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Better team?  Behave yourself.  Those words do not go hand in hand with that lot. We were very unlucky in that we were exhausted.  Majority of Rangers players personal desires were negligible today,  but to say that lot were the better team... Give yourself a shake.  

Go girl!

They won today but no fucking way am I surrending to those fenian child murdering bastards after that. We will win at home. 55 is looming.

No surrender!

Team looked tired today, and were obviously carrying out the Manager's tactics, hence playing the way they did. 

Would have bit your hand of for a draw before the game. 

If play like that against them when at Ibrox and more fresh, then i'd be raging.

As it is, think people's expectations were already too high because of how well we have already done. 

We're very much a work in progress, comple overall with a new Manager 3 months in the door who has already got us into Europe where we could ony dream about 3 months ago. 

Some of the comments are ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Team looked tired today, and were obviously carrying out the Manager's tactics, hence playing the way they did. 

Would have bit your hand of for a draw before the game. 

If play like that against them when at Ibrox and more fresh, then i'd be raging.

As it is, think people's expectations were already too high because of how well we have already done. 

We're very much a work in progress, comple overall with a new Manager 3 months in the door who has already got us into Europe where we could ony dream about 3 months ago. 

Some of the comments are ridiculous. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

A bridge too far given the schedule - that's our 10th game in exactly 1 calendar month, with 6 of those being away ties. In that time we have been to Croatia, Slovenia and Russia. That took its toll today.

I hope you are right. I thought it was more down to lacking quality in midfield. The Motherwell match 2nd half really worried me. We have the defending part down well,  but so far we aren’t springing attacks as effectively , and seem to find it difficult to hold the ball away.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I hope you are right. I thought it was more down to lacking quality in midfield. The Motherwell match 2nd half really worried me. We have the defending part down well,  but so far we aren’t springing attacks as effectively , and seem to find it difficult to hold the ball away.

I dont get what the big fuss is over Morelos. I’d have took the £4m odd if we could get it. 

8 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

worst league start for 29 years apparently 

That stat means nothing. Is this the worst team or worst manager in 29 years?

I’m not happy to lose but would rather we went through on Thursday and dropped points today, given the choice beforehand. There is a loooong way to go in this league.

I think SG likes us to sit and counter attack I really do. 

It’s creeping in. Throw in Middleton, Kent and Grezda some solid defenders and a not very creative midfield- there’s your counter attacking team right there. 

Our backs have been to the wall on more than one occasion recently- defending deep inviting the opposition on to us - today was not the day for that tactic. 

He’s thinking middleton/Kent/Grezda will create something (ie Motherwell/cElt!c) I can see it. I don’t like it

Just showed you the all the angles of the foul on sky, each angle looks worse than the last one , how the hell did he not give us a free kick, his 4th official is shouting in his ear, no wonder Gerrard and the players are livid as  it was not even a hard bloody decision.   

Goldstone says every time their crowd  called a foul they got a foul and as for Kris Boyd he's a Fucking disgrace sucking up to his Timmy mates on sky. 

18 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We do lack real quality in midfield. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. 

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think SG likes us to sit and counter attack I really do. 

It’s creeping in. Throw in Middleton, Kent and Grezda some solid defenders and a not very creative midfield- there’s your counter attacking team right there. 

Our backs have been to the wall on more than one occasion recently- defending deep inviting the opposition on to us - today was not the day for that tactic. 

He’s thinking middleton/Kent/Grezda will create something (ie Motherwell/cElt!c) I can see it. I don’t like it

I have that feeling too. It might allow us to score a fair few if we had a player who can pick the ball deep and ping a quick pass to release our attacking players, but i’m not sure we have that player.

Steven Gerrard set the team up wrong today. After Thursday's game and a late arrival back in Glasgow to go the piggery and defend deep was a huge error. He didn't react when we lost the goal and he left his substitutions far too late. He showed his inexperience so must take a good chunk of the blame for today's loss, however, Gollum yet again gifted the bheasts a goal when he didn't give a foul against Rogic right at the start of the counter attack. He should then have booked the taig late on for an obvious dive on the edge of the box which saw our player booked and I'm sure Gollum considered giving a penalty.

It was interesting in Gerrard's reaction to hear him saying the 4th official was telling Gollum to give Rangers a free kick at the goal. We need VAR to stop the cheating against us. This is the latest in a growing list of games where a terrible referee has cost us a result.

Archived