Wallace, Rossiter and Grezda

Prso's headband

19 hours ago, Edmiston Drive said:

Even if they spent every penny on one this Jan 

Another striker is required but the January window is perhaps not the best time to buy. However i will leave that decision in the capable hands of S.G. whose dealings in the market have thus far been quite remarkable. The exception being (so far) Sadiq but to get so many successes with all his other deals is astonishing.

On 24/09/2018 at 16:17, Aubie92 said:

Flanagan isn't a natural left back so I don't disagree, but I just don't see Wallace being more than a bit part player before leaving at the end of the season. 

If Wallace could get back to the form we know he can get to, then he would definitely give Baraic (sp) a run for the first team spot. 

He should be hungry as fuck. 

21 hours ago, Ozblue said:

A permanent move, ED; sold for an undisclosed fee, so he is available to play against us, unlike Hardie who can't.

He looks decent too. But there's no chance he would get much game time, if any if he stayed with us. It's a good move for his career. 

24 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If Wallace could get back to the form we know he can get to, then he would definitely give Baraic (sp) a run for the first team spot. 

He should be hungry as fuck. 

Wallace hasn't performed well at a high level since before we were demoted. I can't honestly remember his form in 2011/12, but he was good for Hearts in 2009/10 and then injured for much of the season in between. (That's not a knock on him - just pointing out that the years have gone in since he was considered arguably the best full back in Scotland besides Saša Papac.) Since then I don't think he was great in the lower leagues - he wasn't shite either, but he didn't look out of place with the rest of an underwhelming Rangers side - bar one season under Warburton, and has had issues with injuries. Seems unlikely that a 31 year old with injury issues is going to be able to wind the clock back whilst also raising his game to perform well at a higher level. 

A few years ago he'd have given Barišić a run for his money, true, but I think you'd need to be a big fan of Lee Wallace and very optimistic to think he can challenge Borna for a starting berth now. He'll be doing well to cement himself as second choice, and would probably still feature a fair bit by doing so. Even that's going to be a challenge for him though. 

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He looks decent too. But there's no chance he would get much game time, if any if he stayed with us. It's a good move for his career. 

There were many on here who were pissed off that he never got a chance around the time Cammy Bell got injured, even although he was being given great reports from the training ground. I remember him turning in a stellar performance in our U/17's Glasgow Cup Final against the tarriers + he was well admired when he was on loan to East Fife and then Livingston, but I don't know how he would have went for us as a #1.

I wish him all the best,except against us, but knowing how our ex-players always play a blinder against us, he will probably cost us points. :nailbiting:

8 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Another striker is required but the January window is perhaps not the best time to buy. However i will leave that decision in the capable hands of S.G. whose dealings in the market have thus far been quite remarkable. The exception being (so far) Sadiq but to get so many successes with all his other deals is astonishing.

It does indeed so far, we will know much better come tge winter break and where we sit in the league 

9 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Wallace hasn't performed well at a high level since before we were demoted. I can't honestly remember his form in 2011/12, but he was good for Hearts in 2009/10 and then injured for much of the season in between. (That's not a knock on him - just pointing out that the years have gone in since he was considered arguably the best full back in Scotland besides Saša Papac.) Since then I don't think he was great in the lower leagues - he wasn't shite either, but he didn't look out of place with the rest of an underwhelming Rangers side - bar one season under Warburton, and has had issues with injuries. Seems unlikely that a 31 year old with injury issues is going to be able to wind the clock back whilst also raising his game to perform well at a higher level. 

A few years ago he'd have given Barišić a run for his money, true, but I think you'd need to be a big fan of Lee Wallace and very optimistic to think he can challenge Borna for a starting berth now. He'll be doing well to cement himself as second choice, and would probably still feature a fair bit by doing so. Even that's going to be a challenge for him though. 

I think he got bored playing with the Hearts reserve team in the 2nd division and getting kicked fuck out of. Would be very hard to keep your form up under those management teams with those players against those teams. Wallace was one of the few who stuck by us. I think we owe it to him to give him as much backing to get back to what he's capable of. He's only 31,he gave us his best years. I'm not giving up on him, but I can see why a lot of people think he won't get back to that level. 

7 hours ago, Ozblue said:

There were many on here who were pissed off that he never got a chance around the time Cammy Bell got injured, even although he was being given great reports from the training ground. I remember him turning in a stellar performance in our U/17's Glasgow Cup Final against the tarriers + he was well admired when he was on loan to East Fife and then Livingston, but I don't know how he would have went for us as a #1.

I wish him all the best,except against us, but knowing how our ex-players always play a blinder against us, he will probably cost us points. :nailbiting:

Have we ever sold our No1 Keeper? Leitizi is the only one I can think of, but I think Walter dropped him for McGregor when he came in, so not technically our No1. Could be a good trivia question. Goram to motherwell, or had Klos already took his place? 

I think he got bored playing with the Hearts reserve team in the 2nd division and getting kicked fuck out of. Would be very hard to keep your form up under those management teams with those players against those teams. Wallace was one of the few who stuck by us. I think we owe it to him to give him as much backing to get back to what he's capable of. He's only 31,he gave us his best years. I'm not giving up on him, but I can see why a lot of people think he won't get back to that level. 

I don't think we owe him anything, really, other than a more dignified exit than it looked like he was going to get. He stuck by us, but if you're not performing or not fit then that's it. I think a lot of managers would have binned Halliday and Wallace - especially with the latter being suspected of being one of Keith Jackson's sources - but Gerrard believes in giving people a chance; if Wallace gets an opportunity then it'll be because he earned it, rather than because of sentimentality. (And given that he's been on the bench a few times, I'd say he's trying his best to earn those chances.) 

I don't see a future for him with us beyond this season, but I would rather he leave as part of a team that won the league rather than in the same fashion as Miller. I didn't see Halliday having a future with us either, so fuck knows. (I suspect Wallace will want to play regularly rather than be second choice though, especially after his injury problems, whereas Halliday will stick around as a utility player.) 

12 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

In division 3 we were still adamant Wallace deserved to be in the Scotland team. He was great that year, shite in division 2, shite in the champ pre Warburton as you say, by the time Warburton left, he looked a shadow of the player he was when he joined

Mate we've started 3 players ahead of him at lb this season, halliday, barasic and Flanagan... He's done.

40 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

In division 3 we were still adamant Wallace deserved to be in the Scotland team. He was great that year, shite in division 2, shite in the champ pre Warburton as you say, by the time Warburton left, he looked a shadow of the player he was when he joined

I think it took a mental toll on him as much as anything. Until the current board took charge there wasn't really any structure or hierarchy in place; as disappointing as Ally's reign was, at no point was he really solely focused on managing the team - that sort of dysfunction has to affect the players too.

I think that's what led to Ally bringing back guys he thought he could trust in Boyd & Miller, and I think it's debatable whether the senior players in the team really led by example. I don't think Wallace particularly shone that season either, but by then all the chaos and nonsense - and guys in the team who blatantly didn't give a solitary fuck - had to have left him jaded. 

11 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Mate we've started 3 players ahead of him at lb this season, halliday, barasic and Flanagan... He's done.

Probably. I hope he's not though. To miss a full season at his age will take ages to get back to what he's capable of. If he can do it, then I would pick him over Barasic who has been pretty good, but Gerrard seems to have told him to rein in the runs forward which basically made us sign him. 

16 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Have we ever sold our No1 Keeper? Leitizi is the only one I can think of, but I think Walter dropped him for McGregor when he came in, so not technically our No1. Could be a good trivia question. Goram to motherwell, or had Klos already took his place? 

I think the only cunt who regarded Letizi as the No.1 keeper was Le Guen because he was as bad as Cammy Bell with his blunders, plus his injuries didn't help him any, so after Le Guen got shafted, Letizi was offloaded.

Goram left around May (I think) and played for a couple of clubs in England before signing for Motherwell in January 1999, so he was long gone before Klos arrived. Incidentally, Klos replaced Lionel Charbonnier as our No.1 keeper.

18 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I think the only cunt who regarded Letizi as the No.1 keeper was Le Guen because he was as bad as Cammy Bell with his blunders, plus his injuries didn't help him any, so after Le Guen got shafted, Letizi was offloaded.

Goram left around May (I think) and played for a couple of clubs in England before signing for Motherwell in January 1999, so he was long gone before Klos arrived. Incidentally, Klos replaced Lionel Charbonnier as our No.1 keeper.

I was three at the time so a bit too young to follow these things, but was Woods considered numbed one when he was sold?