Carl Frampton

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

More power to his elbow.

The way it should be. Embrace your own culture, respect others.

If only it worked both ways though, seen him getting quite a few snide comments on his twitter today for the audacity of attending our game, admittedly not all of the comments from the other side were snidey.

For a lot of them it seems as if it's fine for any celebrity to support them but hell mend any celebrity who supports us.

35 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

One thing about Carl is that he is not a bigot and genuinely unites Belfast.He does not shy away from his loyalist roots but his closest friend is Paddy Barnes who is from a republican background.He is married to a catholic and is seen as a symbol of a new Northern Ireland were people have to believe in a shared space and a respect for both cultures for the future of our kids and grandkids

Absolutely commendable. 

Genuinely understand why he isn't putting #WATP up on Twitter every other day.

A nice subtle touch wearing his Rangers scarf with his suit last night. ?

27 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If only it worked both ways though, seen him getting quite a few snide comments on his twitter today for the audacity of attending our game, admittedly not all of the comments from the other side were snidey.

For a lot of them it seems as if it's fine for any celebrity to support them but hell mend any celebrity who supports us.

I'm the same :lol: 

1 hour ago, bluedylan said:

One thing about Carl is that he is not a bigot and genuinely unites Belfast.He does not shy away from his loyalist roots but his closest friend is Paddy Barnes who is from a republican background.He is married to a catholic and is seen as a symbol of a new Northern Ireland were people have to believe in a shared space and a respect for both cultures for the future of our kids and grandkids

Also profits by keeping both sides happy. He has a massive fan base on both halves.

That isn't a criticism btw. Sensible from him.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I'm the same :lol: 

Aye mate, not saying we don't have people who have a go at their celebrity fans or that because of course we do.

Carl appears quite respectful of others but the minute he wears our scarf at one of our games then out come the insults, not as if he was giving it big licks kissing a Rangers chain or crying on TV when we won.

53 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Banged the nail right on the head. However, we as a fan base don't chase celebrity culture - look at the abuse Lyndsey Sharp after when she appeared at Ibrox with her CW medals. Sickening stuff.

8 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Banged the nail right on the head. However, we as a fan base don't chase celebrity culture - look at the abuse Lyndsey Sharp after when she appeared at Ibrox with her CW medals. Sickening stuff.

Correct mate, we don't beg for people to love us and make up tales of speshul relationships.

They are happy to latch onto anybody who shows a wee interest in them but turn on people who do likewise for us, me personally couldn't give a fuck who supports them:lol:

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Carl is a Northern Irish legend but this thread should be cross-referenced with the "hype around the club and new fans" thread, some in here had a hissy fit in there about exactly what Carl has done/is doing.

I made the other thread and naw it shouldn't 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The people I mentioned were Man Utd supporters literally last year and only since the summer have started latching on to us.

Ok fair point about anyone who have been a supporter of another club suddenly taking an interest.

I was more on about the posts about the European nights being for fans who went to Annan etc., or  posts about those who dropped their interest for 6 years that are now picking it back up

Frampton’s always been a big blue nose. He used to post on the old Eastsideboxing forum years ago and i remember him winding up some of the Irish posters in there when they were trying to arrange a forum meet up and Carl suggested they meet in the Sandy Row Rangers Club ?

Like someone else said, he’s not a bigot but he’s a genuine Rangers fan and whilst he doesn’t scream it from the rooftops all the time he’s never, ever hid it either.