Sadiq and Flanagan.

tannerall

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Flanagan is decent that other fraud fuck knows what he is.

Sadiq needed help from ten regulars and between them they created hee haw for him , was he our best player  ? No ,but his team didn't give him much help and they should be the target for criticism imo.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Sadiq needed help from ten regulars and between them they created hee haw for him , was he our best player  ? No ,but his team didn't give him much help and they should be the target for criticism imo.

He wouldn't of scored regardless absolute fraud

Flanagan takes a lot of stick for fuck all btw. 

You can’t have a go at a defender who we all know is limited going forward and then want someone who can go forward. 

Fuck all wrong with Flanagan. 

But aye Sadiq is an absolute retard

31 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What did Flanagan do wrong today? 

Seems to be a player who is good at basics, predictable, dependable ?

But lacks the flair, confidence, strength of character to move forward quickly from defence, and whilst he defends reasonably is just not the type of Gers defender I like to see. Wallace might be a busted flush and Borisic may not have had a decent run, but when you compare Flanagan to both of them on performance, passing ability, confidence to go forward, leadership qualities, you'll see what I mean.

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Seems to be a player who is good at basics, predictable, dependable ?

But lacks the flair, confidence, strength of character to move forward quickly from defence, and whilst he defends reasonably is just not the type of Gers defender I like to see. Wallace might be a busted flush and Borisic may not have had a decent run, but when you compare Flanagan to both of them on performance, passing ability, confidence to go forward, leadership qualities, you'll see what I mean.

Well, quite, but neither of those players were available today and he has proven himself a decent enough player. 

Flanagan at left back is a massive contributing factor in our lack of attacking threat. Not his fault though, he's not going to suddenly turn into a marauding left back striding up and down the wing. Makes us very easy to defend against by doubling up on Kent and forcing us to play everything down the right hand side. 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yet when he was a regular starter one of the biggest criticism he received was his inability to pass the ball.  

No it wasn't, his 2 biggest criticisms were being piss weak in the tackle and rolling around the ground everytime he was fouled.

17 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Flanagan at left back is a massive contributing factor in our lack of attacking threat. Not his fault though, he's not going to suddenly turn into a marauding left back striding up and down the wing. Makes us very easy to defend against by doubling up on Kent and forcing us to play everything down the right hand side. 

It definitely helps the opposition defenders to know that Kent has no attacking support when he's looking for someone to overlap.  Flanagan being a right back playing on his wrong side, he always has to turn inside and usually play backwards.  We really need Barisic back and hopefully stepping up to offer Kent an out ball other than running inside into traffic all the time.  Kent is good enough to get past 2 defenders marking him but not all the time and right now he has no one there to pull a defender away and offer the option on the overlap.  Tav does it for Candeias on the other side but both of them need to pick a better pass or cross when they get into attacking positions.

Just now, plumbGER said:

His passing isn't bad at all, in fact it's pretty good and has improved when he has played this season.

Would love some of the RM anoraks to provide stats, I'm too lazy and pissed off to go looking myself & its too early here to have a drink, the perfect storm.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Would love some of the RM anoraks to provide stats, I'm too lazy and pissed off to go looking myself & its too early here to have a drink, the perfect storm.

I'm not the stato type so can't provide them but can provide my opinion and that is that Halliday is a better passer than Flanagan.

Most of Gerrards signings played today underperformed. Sadiq was worst but imo Worrall, Flanagan, Coulibaly, Ejaria were all poor. 

As was Gerrard himself for team selection, lateness of substitutions, choice of players taken off and not learning from exactly the same issues previously.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

I'm not the stato type so can't provide them but can provide my opinion and that is that Halliday is a better passer than Flanagan.

That's why Halliday is a midfielder.  Flanagan is way better at defending that Halliday.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That's why Halliday is a midfielder.  Flanagan is way better at defending that Halliday.

I thought Flanagan was poor defensively today, got done a few times by that McKay Steven and his  passing was terrible.

All players should be able to make some of the routine passes that Flanagan fails at.

I think he's an ok defender in general, had a few good games but a few shockers as well.

The thing that is worrying me is both the manager and the players are making the same mistakes over and over. So clearly none of them are learning it's one thing making the mistakes and playing badly but you need to learn from your .mistakes or you will never become a good winning team. Anyway that's me for tonight I'm fucking sick.