Goldson

MattyBlue

The defence has come a long way since Kiernan or Cordoso, a lot of that has to do with Goldson, definitely one of our more consistent players. I forgot what it felt like for a while to not have my heart in my mouth every time the opposition or the ball was in our half.

Our (main) problems are all in front of the defence now.

4 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

Be a thread on everyone tonight even the slow ball boys but to say we are all pissed off is understatement we should be destroying the sheep in a semi or at least getting a shot on target.

So I wasn't the only one that noticed the ballboy was a scum fan by walking up to Logan with the ball rather than throwing it.

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

If anyone thinks we are going to get any better than Goldson from the budget we are working on they are deluded.

He was the least of our worries today. No creativity in our play and yet again our final ball was horrendous.

If anything, today shows that if we don't start spending on players who are level or better quality than Goldson then we win fuck all i'm afraid.

Our budget has to be bigger if we want the consistent players that can compete in Europe, League and cups week in week out.

The board need to get their finger out their arse's and deliver.

With the money coming in from our run in Europe they've no excuses.

8 hours ago, Vision said:

If anything, today shows that if we don't start spending on players who are level or better quality than Goldson then we win fuck all i'm afraid.

Our budget has to be bigger if we want the consistent players that can compete in Europe, League and cups week in week out.

The board need to get their finger out their arse's and deliver.

With the money coming in from our run in Europe they've no excuses.

Never going to happen. The days of spending millions of pounds on one player are long gone.

I doubt we will spend anymore next Summer than we did last Summer. Be surprised if King even goes all in the Summer prior to the tims 10iar, if they get there that is.

18 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

Trying to pick some positives from today thought he was solid again. Think he should be captain to be totally honest much more commanding.

Done well getting forward with the ball, hopefully something he builds on and gives us another dimension going forward.

Could not disagree more. Lost count of the number of times he got the ball with no-one within 20 yards, but instead of advancing into the space & gaining ground, he stops & looks around for a sideways pass to somebody in a more congested area. Does it every game & it does my head in.

Honestly, I had never heard of Goldson prior to us being linked with him which then sparked my interest.   Did a bit of reading on a few Brighton fans forums where he was/is highly regarded.  So well regarded that many felt he was a comparable talent to Lewis Dunk who has received his first England call-up.  Dunk btw is on about 36K per week.   Goldson was a bargain and if he ever decides his future lies south of the border he will command a very decent transfer fee.   

I wish SG could find a 'Goldson level', creative midfield player at the same price.  

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Honestly, I had never heard of Goldson prior to us being linked with him which then sparked my interest.   Did a bit of reading on a few Brighton fans forums where he was/is highly regarded.  So well regarded that many felt he was a comparable talent to Lewis Dunk who has received his first England call-up.  Dunk btw is on about 36K per week.   Goldson was a bargain and if he ever decides his future lies south of the border he will command a very decent transfer fee.   

I think Goldson and Katic looked good together they came to an understanding right away Gerrard broke that up with the signing of Worrall who I do not personally rate.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Goldson and Katic looked good together they came to an understanding right away Gerrard broke that up with the signing of Worrall who I do not personally rate.

I don't think Worrall is a poor player but, and I said it during his first appearance vs Villareal, that I preferred Katic and still do.