Deliver the League Title

Brian Fantana

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So all the sports science experts who recommend players get rest are just snake oil salesman and we should just stick with the same starting XI because they are 'professional athletes'. I mean it's not as if that puts them at an increased risk of injury or anything which would ultimately keep them out the side altogether.

Davie weir played 60 games in 1 season and we reached a European final, I’m sure we had sports scientists then too but Walter didn’t rotate as much as Gerrard and we won things! 

And he was 38 year old just incase ye forgot👍🏻

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So say, hypothetically, we'd gone on to win the Europa League and finished third in the league, it's still just the league that matters when it comes to judging the manager's performance?

You landing on the moon tomorrow and having a pint there is as likely as us wining the Europa League.  The domestic performance is all that is relevant.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Overall performance should take everything into account but let's say he wins the uefa Cup but we don't win a league title for the next 5 years, would he be considered a successful manager then? 

I don't think club's tend to view managerial performance over a period of five years. A single season, definitely but five years is a rather long window to review a manager's achievements.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That’s irrelevant. Football is about winning .

It is. But thanks to the wonderful quirks of football it's entirely within the realms of possibility to be fairly succsful by drawing - particularly in European competition. Two draws can quite easily put you through to the next round. Two defeats never can.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

You landing on the moon tomorrow and having a pint there is as likely as us wining the Europa League.  The domestic performance is all that is relevant.

I think you fail to understand how likelihood and probability works. Rangers were actually in the Europa League. I'm not a pilot an astronaut nor trained for spaceflight. Not to mention there's no agency on the planet currently flying manned missions to the moon.

I'll ask the original question in a much simpler way. Had we gone on to win the EL this season but finished third in the league, would Gerrard have deserved the sack? Nice easy yes or no answer will suffice.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It is. But thanks to the wonderful quirks of football it's entirely within the realms of possibility to be fairly succsful by drawing - particularly in European competition. Two draws can quite easily put you through to the next round. Two defeats never can.

Exactly so it proved tonight that only 1 win in the group stage wasn’t enough to be successful and those draws weren’t good enough.

We don’t have that winning killer instinct and that’s worrying.

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Davie weir played 60 games in 1 season and we reached a European final, I’m sure we had sports scientists then too but Walter didn’t rotate as much as Gerrard and we won things! 

And he was 38 year old just incase ye forgot👍🏻

Davie Weir who had just come from playing regularly at a far higher level than the Scottish Premiership? Connor Goldson has played almost as many games since July as he had in the previous three seasons combined.

14 minutes ago, gsa said:

I've been posting on here for years and made countless positive posts, where I feel they are warranted. There's lots of ways to support your team, blind optimism  is one, personally I'm a realist. 

I also donate to Erskine every year. Fucking sad you have your support questioned because you dare to question the utter dross you're watching, most weeks.

I couldn't give a fuck if you donate to Erskine tbh.

I wouldn't say you're a realist either. Constantly jumping to conclusions and only seeing the negative in a situation isn't being a realist. 

12 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

A change now and again agreed is needed but the amount he makes when some are not.needed,?

Of the seven tonight, there was three of them where the first-choice was coming back into the side, another where someone had to drop out due to suspension.

For all the talk about how much the changes are affecting us, we're still only two points behind them in the league.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think you fail to understand how likelihood and probability works. Rangers were actually in the Europa League. I'm not a pilot an astronaut nor trained for spaceflight. Not to mention there's no agency on the planet currently flying manned missions to the moon.

I'll ask the original question in a much simpler way. Had we gone on to win the EL this season but finished third in the league, would Gerrard have deserved the sack? Nice easy yes or no answer will suffice.

OK, he would be a hero.  But the probability of Europa win is near zero. I'm ok with probabilities.  I think if we had go through we would have been scudded in the next round.  I think if you reflect on your question you will see it is not really realistic.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Of the seven tonight, there was three of them where the first-choice was coming back into the side, another where someone had to drop out due to suspension.

For all the talk about how much the changes are affecting us, we're still only two points behind them in the league.

Agreed on the last part but it's cost us in some games imo so without making all the changes but we would be doing better imo

Just now, jamess said:

OK, he would be a hero.  But the probability of Europa win is near zero. I'm ok with probabilities.  I think if we had go through we would have been scudded in the next round.  I think if you reflect on your question you will see it is not really realistic.

So Europe IS relevant?

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I couldn't give a fuck if you donate to Erskine tbh.

I wouldn't say you're a realist either. Constantly jumping to conclusions and only seeing the negative in a situation isn't being a realist. 

"I couldn't give a fuck if you donate to Erskine tbh" 

^ lovely. 

You specifically asked if I could link you to a post where I'd been "supportive of anything to do with Rangers"

Well, Erskine is a charity connected to Rangers and I support it. I didn't send a link of my actual donation, that would be crass and silly, so I just told you. 

And now you're being a cunt about it. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Davie Weir who had just come from playing regularly at a far higher level than the Scottish Premiership? Connor Goldson has played almost as many games since July as he had in the previous three seasons combined.

He (Davie weir) wasn’t even getting a regular game for Everton so what’s your point anyway? A player who is younger, fitter than a 38 yo Davie weir can’t play as many games as him unless he comes from the premiership? 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been fucking shite though in virtually every game he's played for us.

He has a shot at making it but it's like when a 14 year old gets a game for his old man's pub team and just sits on the wing looking lost not knowing what the fuck is going on. 

Wish some cunt would do a video of everything he did wrong tonight and then compare to the handful of things he did right. About 10-1 ratio.

5 goals and four assists, yeah he is pure fucking dug shite.

Go and speak to a doctor as you're a nutter.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No agency that you know of...

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So Europe IS relevant?

Correct - I think it is irrelevant.  I would give you a more realistic scenario.  If we beat them 3 times this season but only finished 4th would you be happy this season? - well i'd be delighted.

Just now, jamess said:

Correct - I think it is irrelevant.  I would give you a more realistic scenario.  If we beat them 3 times this season but only finished 4th would you be happy this season? - well i'd be delighted.

No. I couldn't care less if we beat them but fall behind. No prizes for finishing fourth and it would represent a pretty shoddy second half of the season to end up in fourth.