***Official Hibernian v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Hopefully Jack can keep this consistency up. He was brilliant all night. Maybe one poor pass that I can remember, bit overall he was brilliant. 

His reading of what's happening and the way he can pivot to take one or two opposition players out of the game to find space to play a pass is very good. Reminiscent of Ferguson in that respect albeit he has nowhere near the range of passing Barry had.

When we sign a player from another Scottish club they need to go up a few gears to be a success and I think he's doing that. Next test is to do it in an OF game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Hard one to take. Easily the best away performance we've had this season.

Created more than enough chances to win the game. Also denied a stone wall penalty. 

We are over reliant on morelos if he's off his game we struggle.

We need to add another striker and attacking midfielder to chip in with the goals. 

It's 2 points dropped tonight. Got to win the next 2 before the scum game. 

Our previous excuse for dropping points was packed defences we couldn''t break down

Tonight hivs played an open game and we still couldn't score, but again it's not new, just less of it. 

We simply need to bury our chances and when it matters for that winning goal. We created many again tonight but failed.

You're right we do need another striker and quickly, or we can forget that title.

55 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Best striker in the league no question. But every team has more players chipping in with goals, we don't.

Grezda, candeias, coulibaly, mccrorie, jack - none of them will get double figures a season and it'll cost us far more than Morelos ever will.

Morelos scores, we tend to win. Only 1 game where we haven't. 

Morelos doesn't score, we really struggle to find the goals to win elsewhere. 2 games at home against Dundee and Hamilton, that's it for winning without Morelos scoring. We've lost or drawn 7 out of 8 league games where he hasn't scored.

We don't have players outwith him that can create and score. We're too reliant on him alone at the moment. As much as you clearly despise the guy, he's the difference maker for us.

Fully agree with this. 

January window is going to be so crucial for us. We need to add players that can chip in with more goals and give us other options.

We are completely reliant on morelos. If he's not scoring no one else is stepping up. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

We need to add players that can chip in with more goals and give us other options.

A striker coming in who's great in the air for all the balls we've been launching in the box lately would be a brilliant option to have, especially off the bench. And, a midfielder to come in and start getting goals consistently! Gerrard seems to like that Dowell lad from Everton, but who knows if he's what we need.

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Best striker in the league no question. But every team has more players chipping in with goals, we don't.

Grezda, candeias, coulibaly, mccrorie, jack - none of them will get double figures a season and it'll cost us far more than Morelos ever will.

Morelos scores, we tend to win. Only 1 game where we haven't. 

Morelos doesn't score, we really struggle to find the goals to win elsewhere. 2 games at home against Dundee and Hamilton, that's it for winning without Morelos scoring. We've lost or drawn 7 out of 8 league games where he hasn't scored.

We don't have players outwith him that can create and score. We're too reliant on him alone at the moment. As much as you clearly despise the guy, he's the difference maker for us.

We did have someone that could chip in and create chances but we didn't appreciate his contributions. 

BTW I agree with your post 100%

I tell you what, I hope Porteous gets what’s coming to him. A dodgy tackle on Lassana early on, a fresh air swipe at Alf in the middle of the second half, then a shocking tackle on Lassana near the end which finally resulted in a card.

I wonder if Porteous is Amac9? 🤣

6 hours ago, chris182 said:

Unless we are getting 6 points from St Johnstone and Hibs and getting at least a draw from the Earls we're gonna be right up against it IMO.

Assuming they beat the Sheep and Dundee (a shoe in for 6 pts IMO) if we lose to them we'll be at least 4 pts behind them having played a game more 😑

We don't stand a chance and I stick by all that I said. 

2 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

We don't stand a chance and I stick by all that I said. 

I agree regarding lack of quality - we've had a great opportunity to lay down a marker but have failed to do so. If we don't bring in real firepower in January we can kiss goodbye to any title hopes 

Thought Rangers were great ! Can't believe we never scored but it was one of those days.

Barasic looked great, really liked Grezda too. 

That Porteous challenge, hopefully the favour is returned on Boxing Day. 

9 minutes ago, Jadams said:

Thought Rangers were great ! Can't believe we never scored but it was one of those days.

Barasic looked great, really liked Grezda too. 

That Porteous challenge, hopefully the favour is returned on Boxing Day. 

He’ll be lucky if “Crags” and the other boys from BT haven’t tracked him down and fucked him to death by then. Never heard anything like that amount of fawning over an average youngster before, so embarrassing.

Archived