Lennon Joins SFA

GersMK

I'm sensing a lot of dogs barking at caravans here with this think tank, with the Lemmon taking centre stage.

A load of utter shite that will come to nothing.

My needs are simple. A pie that has real fucking mince meat in it and not sawdust. A Bovril that tastes of real Bovril of twenty years ago and not the fucking dishwater currently served.

I have no expectation of ref's or the authorities in this shithole being unbiased, far less the cunts being competent.

I do have an expectation for us to challenge for the title every year and fucking win it. Well, that'll be the Prod in me and my hatred of taigs.

Now just get my fucking pie and Bovril sorted and this league title will take care of itself, as we ARE the people and all the fucking rest is just noise on the fucking radar and irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm an advocate of var. I agree with your points that it makes it harder to hide bias, or miss things etc. 

The bit that worries me a bit is who is in charge of that system. Look at the compliance officer and the shenanigans that have gone on there. Any contentious decisions have been swept away.

Our refs do need all the tools required to do their job, and var should help, so long as they use it for the purpose and not for the likes of the Morelos "incidents" during the of game.

Yes but the CO is on the whole faceless and could walk by us in the street. The var officials should be highlighted before matches and as profiled as the match official.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd like to see Ally have a seat on this working group to repair the disciplinary system. 

Working groups generally represent stakeholders groups. I'd imagine for this one managers, pfa legal, refs, sfa, tv/var are in someway represented. What does mccoist being to the table, what's his unique contribution, who does he represent?

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm sensing a lot of dogs barking at caravans here with this think tank, with the Lemmon taking centre stage.

My needs are simple. A pie that has real fucking mince meat in it and not sawdust. A Bovril that tastes of real Bovril of twenty years ago and not the fucking dishwater currently served.

I have no expectation of ref's or the authorities in this shithole being unbiased, far less the cunts being competent.

I do have an expectation for us to challenge for the title every year and fucking win it. Well, that'll be the Prod in me and my hatred of taigs.

Now just get my fucking pie and Bovril sorted and this league title will take care of itself, as we ARE the people and all the fucking rest is just noise on the fucking radar and irrelevant.

You need help mate.

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

:headscratch:

51 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I thought it was just me who though the bovril standard had nose dived. 

as for pies. very few and far between are the pies good anywhere now 

sign of the times 

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes but the CO is on the whole faceless and could walk by us in the street. The var officials should be highlighted before matches and as profiled as the match official.

That's a really good point. They should be as accountable and as visible as the referees, as they are equally responisble.

6 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I thought it was just me who though the bovril standard had nose dived. 

as for pies. very few and far between are the pies good anywhere now 

sign of the times 

I've fucking cleaned windows with better.

As for pies. I've never taken to chewing cardboard with a sprinkling of sawdust on it.

However, I'm going to have to admit that the macaroni deals they sell as pies in Aberdeen are rather tasty. Fat greedy bastard that I am. 

22 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Working groups generally represent stakeholders groups. I'd imagine for this one managers, pfa legal, refs, sfa, tv/var are in someway represented. What does mccoist being to the table, what's his unique contribution, who does he represent?

What does mccoist bring to the table = Knowledge from his playing years, plus the bias and hatred that was aimed at Rangers after admin. 

What's his unique contribution =Dealing with the aftermath of bias and hatred aim at our team after admin.

Who does he represent = Rangers

38 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What does mccoist being to the table = Knowledge from his playing years, plus the bias and hatred that was aimed at Rangers after admin. 

What's his unique contribution =Dealing with the aftermath of bias and hatred aim at our team after admin.

Who does he represent = Rangers

What a load of nonsense in the context of improving relationships between managers and refs/sfa, current disciplinary process problems and future considerations such as var.

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What a load of nonsense in the context of improving relationships between managers and refs/sfa, current disciplinary process problems and future considerations such as var.

I don't think so. When the clubs voted Rangers out of the league that changed everything. Managers wanted Rangers punished, The SFA wanted Rangers punished and refs carded our players more.  It's this sort of stuff that has resulted into  today's bias, as this hatred has rub off onto opposition players, who then try to get our players booked and refs who single out our players. VAR could help in situations like this. I think Ally has knowledge to help from this point of view.

Edit: I think it is important to find the root cause of the problem and for me the league disciplinary process broke down because they were too willing to change the rules when it came to punishing Rangers and it's now bit them on the ass.

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think so. When the clubs voted Rangers out of the league that changed everything. Managers wanted Rangers punished, The SFA wanted Rangers punished and refs carded our players more.  It's this sort of stuff that has resulted into  today's bias, as this hatred has rub off onto opposition players, who then try to get our players booked and refs who single out our players. VAR could help in situations like this. I think Ally has knowledge to help from this point of view.

Edit: I think it is important to find the root cause of the problem and for me the league disciplinary process broke down because they were too willing to change the rules when it came to punishing Rangers and it's now bit them on the ass.

Re the bold part - How so?

Re your edit. So the lack of quality in refereeing, the poor relationship between managers and refs, the disciplinary fiasco with CO procedural ambiguity, the whole process being slated by managers at Hivs, Hearts, the scum, etc.... It's all traced back to us getting fucked over?

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Re the bold part - How so? 

Re your edit. So the lack of quality in refereeing, the poor relationship between managers and refs, the disciplinary fiasco with CO procedural ambiguity, the whole process being slated by managers at Hivs, Hearts, the scum, etc.... It's all traced back to us getting fucked over?

Bold part: VAR recordings could be used to backtrack over a period of games any complaints from players being singled out by a ref or from a player being the target of unnecessarily rough game play. 

Edit part: imo yes, the disciplinary process broke down because the SFA were too willing to say yes to the demands of Peter Lawwell and celtic to change the rules, refs don't make the rules, otherwise I would have said the refs strike.

The strike was celtic flexing their muscles at the refs to make them compliant to what they wanted, when McDonald resigned celtic had won. After the strike celtic got away with all sorts because the refs had been intimidated. This is my personal opinion but the proof is in the yellow, red, and penalty statistics.

Ally was there before and after admin and could put forward a case of bias towards the club and the players, so that one club (celtic) don't have the power to force a change of the disciplinary process to suit them in the future.

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Bold part: VAR recordings could be used to backtrack over a period of games any complaints from players being singled out by a ref or from a player being the target of unnecessarily rough game play. 

Edit part: imo yes, the disciplinary process broke down because the SFA were too willing to say yes to the demands of Peter Lawwell and celtic to change the rules, refs don't make the rules, otherwise I would have said the refs strike.

The strike was celtic flexing their muscles at the refs to make them compliant to what they wanted, when McDonald resigned celtic had won. After the strike celtic got away with all sorts because refs had been intimidated. This is my personal opinion but the proof is in the yellow, red, and penalty statistics.

Ally was there before and after admin and could put forward a case of bias towards the club and the players, so that one club (celtic) don't have the power to force a change of the disciplinary process to suit them in the future.

Mccoist stood up for us when he was an employee. You're suggesting a guy who acrimoniously split from us, has no current links and barely defends us in his commentating role now represents us and all others ( do they get a say?) to oppose the scum apparently changing the process to suit them.

How exactly do you envisage this working party adapting a disciplinary process to suit one team? How is mccoist the best placed individual to prevent such, what power and influence would he hold?

In the presser Gerrard states the meeting was positive. You think we should parachute in a non employee on our behalf when our manager who was present is pleased with how it went and the approach taken?

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mccoist stood up for us when he was an employee. Yes he did

You're suggesting a guy who acrimoniously split from us, has no current links and barely defends us in his commentating role now represents us and all others ( do they get a say?) to oppose the scum apparently changing the process to suit them. Yes, Yes, and Yes

How exactly do you envisage this working party adapting a disciplinary process to suit one team? I don't, but the working party needs address how one team broke the disciplinary process in their pursuit to see Rangers punished.

How is mccoist the best placed individual to prevent such, what power and influence would he hold? Ally is an ex manager that was there at the time and could give first hand view of how the process broke down.

In the presser Gerrard states the meeting was positive. You think we should parachute in a non employee on our behalf when our manager who was present is pleased with how it went and the approach taken?   Yes, Ally could be in conference with Gerrard and the club to analyse what they want to put forward, leaving Gerrard free to win us 55.

47 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The strike was celtic flexing their muscles at the refs to make them compliant to what they wanted, when McDonald resigned celtic had won. After the strike celtic got away with all sorts because the refs had been intimidated. This is my personal opinion but the proof is in the yellow, red, and penalty statistics.

Why don't you do it

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I tried to quote your last post, but have only managed to capture the sensible points you made.

You're shoe horning some mental notion that mccoist is in someway needed / wanted / useful / relevant into a process that bears no resemblance to the role of this working party, which our representative is currently viewing as a positive process to date.

Madness resumed.

21 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I tried to quote your last post, but have only managed to capture the sensible points you made.

You're shoe horning some mental notion that mccoist is in someway needed / wanted / useful / relevant into a process that bears no resemblance to the role of this working party, which our representative is currently viewing as a positive process to date.

Madness resumed.

I take it Ally is a big NO for you?

24 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I take it Ally is a big NO for you?

Anyone who isn't a stakeholder or who can contribute as say an external consultant is a no for me. The bigger the group then the more it coukd turn into a talkkng shop rather than solution finder. I also dont agree with someone not employed by us who we would hope and trust would in some way represent us. 

There's reports on all those involved, and whilst I'd agree the slant is scum based in terms of the individuals, I get why each of the roles is represented within the working group.

It's honestly more about that than about mccoist.