***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I actually think Kilmarnock are quite rotten. Don't know why we always struggle against them.

They have little up front but they are organised and press and defend well against us at Rugby Park.

5 minutes ago, slg said:

Stop with the pitch, no Morelos, played midweek, excuses. With our resources/transfer fees/wages it is a total embarrassment we can’t beat Kilmarnock. How is anyone, manager included, satisfied with that tonight? 

In the context of how the game panned out a draw wasn't unsatisfying ....just.

No matter how much resources a team has they are not entitled to win every match. We didn't deserve to lose and Killie could have lost and would really have had no complaints if they had.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

433 is the better formation. But we need to play to the strengths of our available strikers. 

Lafferty and Defoe aren't imo suited to that loan striker role. Both work better with a partner up front.

We looked a lot more threatening with the flat 442 at home. Than the diamond that took away our width. 

The 442 at Ibrox was against St.Mirren who are the worst team in the league I wouldn’t read too much in to it.

12 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

We desperately need Barisic to get back into favour with the gaffer because Halliday was an empty jersey tonight.

Defensively he was poor and going forward was absolutely rotten. 4 or 5 times in the 2nd half a simple ball out wide to Kent was on and he played it back into the middle which was congested and the packed Kilmarnock midfield were all over it.

Halliday will definitely be needed later in the season but tonight shows why Barisic will be important for us to really kick on.

Halliday is a pretty average player tbh,we need upgrades on jack and candieas and if arfield doesn’t buck up his ideas he can join that list too.

positives tonight we didn’t really look like conceding,McCrorie had a good game and we are still in hat for cup.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Halliday isn't great going forward but he did make a coulple of good tackles in the first half including one of the line so he gets pass marks from me but it is Barisic for the most part for me.

He was generally really poor tonight I thought.  The guys around me were saying about his constant going inside too, and on the couple of occasions he did try and go down the line it went straight out of play. 

Don't get me wrong I like the guy and he'll have a big part to play this season, but the debate about who's our first choice left back was comfortably answered tonight, and it's definitely not Halliday.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Halliday is a pretty average player tbh,we need upgrades on jack and candieas and if arfield doesn’t buck up his ideas he can join that list too.

positives tonight we didn’t really look like conceding,McCrorie had a good game and we are still in hat for cup.

Thought Jack was poor tonight too but generally he's been fantastic in most games imo. Agree on the rest.

Have a few concerns, I'm a fan of Arfield  but he seems to have faded in the last few games. Jack wasn't influential today. and so far don't think Barisic has lived up to expectations.  SG seems to have doubts about him as well and in a do or die game I'd pick Halliday before him, regardless of how he played today.  We badly missed Alfredo today and I don't know whether it'll be best to stick with Defoe up front on his own or fit Lafferty in.  Got a feeling SG isn't too sure about this as well.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I actually think Kilmarnock are quite rotten. Don't know why we always struggle against them.

I agree mate I don't rate them and if we had everyone at it tonight we would have won. But there were too many of our players posted missing once again.

44 minutes ago, slg said:

Stop with the pitch, no Morelos, played midweek, excuses. With our resources/transfer fees/wages it is a total embarrassment we can’t beat Kilmarnock. How is anyone, manager included, satisfied with that tonight? 

Don’t think anyone is

Another game that showed just how much we rely on 2 or 3 players. When those guys are unavailable or their performance levels drop we become a fairly mediocre team. 

Can't wait till the summer so we can send the ginger rat packing and hopefully get 3 or 4 quid for the big, stupid, useless lanky rat. 

7 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I agree mate I don't rate them and if we had everyone at it tonight we would have won. But there were too many of our players posted missing once again.

It just seems we very rarely have "everyone at it" and it's a real problem. 

2 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

It just seems we very rarely have "everyone at it" and it's a real problem. 

Your right mate but they can't pick and choose what games to be up for. They are Rangers players and should be giving one hundred per cent every time they pull on the blue jersey.

51 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

We desperately need Barisic to get back into favour with the gaffer because Halliday was an empty jersey tonight.

Defensively he was poor and going forward was absolutely rotten. 4 or 5 times in the 2nd half a simple ball out wide to Kent was on and he played it back into the middle which was congested and the packed Kilmarnock midfield were all over it.

Halliday will definitely be needed later in the season but tonight shows why Barisic will be important for us to really kick on.

I don’t think Gerrard plays Barisic on artificial pitches due to his recent injuries. 

8 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Your right mate but they can't pick and choose what games to be up for. They are Rangers players and should be giving one hundred per cent every time they pull on the blue jersey.

Definitely bud, disappointed today, Kilmarnock should have been dealt with comfortably, now we've given ourselves another game to play, not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Pure_Quality said:

This is either a wind up or your didn’t see Barisic getting ripped a new arsehole on Wednesday costing the first goal and genuinely bottling it 

Archived