Alfie our best striker since...

kris1984

In relation to Jelavic he's not a better finisher. Similar when it comes to holding up the ball and linking up the play. But he's definitely got the edge when it comes to isolating his CB out wide and taking him for a hot dog. 

Overall Jelavic dragged us to a title, so right now I'd have to pick him. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

McCoist was fucking brilliant. 6 yard box striker they say. Only scores taps in they say. Lazy they say. Fat and slow they say. What a load of nonsense. His all round game was far better than people give him credit for and he would regularly run the channels, hold it in, link up the play not to mention pinging them in from all angles, outside the box, inside the box, left foot, right foot, volleys, headers, overhead kicks, everything. He scored many great goals but his two goals away at the sheep to clinch the golden boot was a thing of beauty!

His overhead kick goal always stick out for me, I was young but I didn’t expect him to do it and went on about that goal for weeks trying to copy him on red ash lol

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

His overhead kick goal always stick out for me, I was young but I didn’t expect him to do it and went on about that goal for weeks trying to copy him on red ash lol

Casually coming off the back of a horrendous leg break no less! What a player.

There will never be an argument who our best striker of all time was, the fact Morelos is mentioned in the same bracket as a mccoist shows how good he is, if he stayed as long as mccoist, id go out on a lim an say I think morelos would become our best all time striker but it will never happen and it’s just an opinion feel free to disagree

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Casually coming off the back of a horrendous leg break no less! What a player.

No matter how good an all round player is, you can’t beat having a guy who just scores goals almost every game or second game, juve got pumped tonight with arguably one of the best all round strikers in world football 

you need a goal scoring poacher for the games when the team are not at it, like ally, big boyd won us some amount of spl games when we were poor by being nothing but a goal scorer who only needed 1 chance

53 minutes ago, Inigo said:

McCoist's all round game has become massively underrated over time tbh. He's head and shoulders ahead of Alfredo overall, and certainly finishing wise. So is Hateley for that matter.

If you go back and look at old videos McCoist's partnership with Mo Johnston is fucking incredible. Interplay between the two is seriously good.

I think most people mainly remember McCoist getting knock downs from Hateley.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If you go back and look at old videos McCoist's partnership with Mo Johnston is fucking incredible. Interplay between the two is seriously good.

I think most people mainly remember McCoist getting knock downs from Hateley.

Yip  All three played brilliantly together. McCoist-Johnston, Johnston-Hateley and Hateley-McCoist were all great partnerships.