Alfie our best striker since...

kris1984

1 minute ago, offminorthreat said:

I think peoples memories treat Jelavic kindly. He had an excellent finish but would get the huff and be lazy IMO. No contest Alfie's hold up play is streets ahead. If Alfie can start banging more in from outside the box it is no contest. 

It happens quite often with almost every player. Time very often makes players seem better than they were or sometimes the complete opposite. Don't get me wrong Jelavic brought a lot of good times and I loved his time with us but I also remember him having a few stinkers here and there. Overall though he was a great signing for us though.

We're probably all a little guilty of it. The mind and your memories are a funny old thing at times.......

Desperately hope he can win this cup for us. Absolute travesty if the boy leaves us without a winners medal. 

Fuck knows how we replace him. We’ve pressed restart the last 3/4 summers, i genuinely think Alfredo is that important to us that we’ll be doing so again in the summer if we lose even just him. 

I think he’s different from them all:  

he has the aggression and power  like Prso had

will score more than Jelavic (but Jelavic always scored in the big games)

his all round game is better than Mccoist imo, ally would have killed for the pace and strength of Morelos but Mccoist played with a partner and let him do that while he done the poaching (Boyd was like a carbon copy of mccoist)

plus when he goes he will go for more than the 3 of them were worth put together plus all the transfer fees paid for them by other clubs throughout their careers

6 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Prso was on a different level to Jelavic and his knees were fucked by the time he came to us, proper class though....cue overhead kick on his debut at Fulham. Morelos is having an excellent season (and doubt he'll be here next) but he's not in that class, yet. 

Jelavic overhead kick against the sheep was better.

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

I think he’s different from them all:  

he has the aggression and power  like Prso had

will score more than Jelavic (but Jelavic always scored in the big games)

his all round game is better than Mccoist imo, ally would have killed for the pace and strength of Morelos but Mccoist played with a partner and let him do that while he done the poaching (Boyd was like a carbon copy of mccoist)

plus when he goes he will go for more than the 3 of them were worth put together plus all the transfer fees paid for them by other clubs throughout their careers

McCoist's all round game has become massively underrated over time tbh. He's head and shoulders ahead of Alfredo overall, and certainly finishing wise. So is Hateley for that matter.

The others played in squads that would still beat teams comfortably without them. 

Morelos puts in a shift, and is a massive difference to our performance whether he gets the goals or not. 

Last season, even during his dry spells we looked a lot better with him than without. 

Just now, Inigo said:

McCoist's all round game has become massively underrated over time tbh. He's head and shoulders ahead of Alfredo overall, and certainly finishing wise. So is Hateley for that matter.

I seen mccoist aswell mate loved him outstanding striker but he didn’t come to us an hit the ground the way Alfredo has, plus mccoist was in his own country, it does make a difference when you can speak the language,

Alfredo is absolute class, I don’t like comparing players who played in a different era it’s not really a fair comparison