We want Dembele money for Morelos - Robertson

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

15 goals and 7 assists in his first full season. And they offered him a contract iirc, he never accepted and initially was going to Spurs.

Only didn’t end up at Spurs because Fulham wanted him back on loan and Spurs wouldn’t agree to that IIRC.

2 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Had an argument with my tarrier brother in law last night about this. Convinced there’s a £10m release clause since he signed his new deal. Never heard anything like it.

Morelos living in their minds rent free. Can not cope that he will be the most expensive transfer out of Scottish football. 

Next time I wouldn't bother.

On 06/03/2019 at 18:58, Dread said:

Morelos will rightly earn us a substantial return on our investment in him - he's a good striker who is still developing towards his potential.

But we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think it'll be a £20 million fee, or even half that, without him demonstrating a few things to potential suitors. Chiefly, playing well over a decent number of games against quality opposition, and demonstrating that he has the brains to go with his obvious skill & power.

More encouraging is that we seem to be on the right track. Buying rough diamonds & polishing them up has to be our approach - the days of off-the-peg quality will not be back for a few seasons at least. When eventually we do part with him (I'd accept £8m right now, hopefully more in a year), we must ensure that his replacement(s) are already scouted & ready to sign.

judge dread

10 hours ago, gj923 said:

Not disputing that playing for your country gets you noticed. However I would not term him an international player after earning only 1 cap in a friendly.

Rightly or wrongly those down south will simply view him as scoring goals in an easy league. Dembele went for what he went for probably as a result of champions league goals, goals against us but also playing regularly in the French set up as well as having developed there. 

If Morelos goes in the summer I don’t see it being over 10m.

Not worth selling for 10m we will just waste that 3 shite players

4 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Never known a manager to come out at this stage of the season by declaring interest in another clubs player.  He may or may not be interested and we will only know in the transfer window.

Was it not reported that Leicester have been watching him for months now?

On 07/03/2019 at 08:09, Jeffrey said:

So you think 2 players of equal ability, 1 playing in the EPL and 1 in the Danish league would go for similar money?

What if the EPL player was a 39 year old player well by his best days but fit enough to play on for another year or 2 in his own mind and the Danish league player was a 19 year old prospect tipped to go a lot further in the game?

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What if the EPL player was a 39 year old player well by his best days but fit enough to play on for another year or 2 in his own mind and the Danish league player was a 19 year old prospect tipped to go a lot further in the game?

Happened recently with a player called Dueland, left Denmark for under 4m

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What price did his equal ability player move for in England?

Jordon Ibe maybe? £15m

Dueland would be better than him if he's as good as everyone says but I've only seen a few highlights of him so cant comment too much

On 06/03/2019 at 18:58, Dread said:

Morelos will rightly earn us a substantial return on our investment in him - he's a good striker who is still developing towards his potential.

But we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think it'll be a £20 million fee, or even half that, without him demonstrating a few things to potential suitors. Chiefly, playing well over a decent number of games against quality opposition, and demonstrating that he has the brains to go with his obvious skill & power.

More encouraging is that we seem to be on the right track. Buying rough diamonds & polishing them up has to be our approach - the days of off-the-peg quality will not be back for a few seasons at least. When eventually we do part with him (I'd accept £8m right now, hopefully more in a year), we must ensure that his replacement(s) are already scouted & ready to sign.

8 m ,ur either a taig or a daft bastard so what one is it ?

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'd say he's better than solanke and he went for 17m 

I'll admit I had to google him, seems they play different positions.

The league they play in is just another factor in the grand scheme of things, people talking like it's the only factor is stupid in the same way a goal against the beggars instantly increases his value by 5 million and other such nonsense spouted in this thread.