Morelos apology

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Right enough there is no actual difference in football ability from Suarez to Morelos:troll: Great players can get away with things other players cannot.

This.

Cantona, Zidane, Suarez ... all play/played on the edge.

Their behaviour was tolerated as they were/are absolutely sensational.

also, their behaviour will have affected undoubtably their options and transfer value.

Suarez would have went for even more had he not had a fetish for nibbling on opponents.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

That's fair.  I've already said he was stupid to react the way he did, but I can sort of understand it.  When everyone is having a dig at you, you tend to lash out.

Some lash out , Messi gets knocked fuck out of almost every week and has done for years and has never retaliated.

Sad all we ever talk about after a big game is this mug getting sent off again........

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you honestly think you last being kicked over the park every other game with almost no protection from the refs before you would start reacting?

I have the patience of a saint but I don't think I could put up with the shit he has had done to him without reacting.

Dunno, Messi’s dealt well though

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Mo should be taught to crumple to the ground when he feels any contact,that's the only reaction that would make defenders back off.

Good suggestion, but wouldn't work in Scotland as he'd get booked every time by our corrupt referees.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Dunno, Messi’s dealt well though

Yo don't see Messi getting the worst deal in those kind of incidents though, which helps him deal with it, almost makes himseek the attention and fouling, how many free kicks does he get, and how many does Morelos get ?

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The guy is a happy positive skilled footballer who gets enormous satisfaction and enjoyment from playing the game to the best of his ability, as do us Gers fans, and as any general football fan should. 

Contrast his attitude toward the game itself to the hammer throwers and thugs who take no delight in playing the beautiful game, especially Brown. 

Whilst annoyed at what happened Sunday, I think that those who criticise him should study more closely the causes of his reactions, as much as the consequences, and I actually allow him a fair bit of leeway on this even for Sunday. 

He has been deliberately targeted, cheated, abused and made a scapegoat by those who have agendas way beyond anything that Morelos coud possibly even imagine. We all know if he played elsewhere he'd have had less harassment and would likely have flourished and been lauded by football folk and the media. 

Quite simply it's a fucking disgrace the way he's been treated and I feel it is our club owners who should be looking at themselves for not addressing this clusterfuck engineered by the SFA and media a lot earlier. 

Too many posters on this thread not concentrating on  the real culprits.

The bit in bold :tu:

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Messi has almost no temper, it's unusual.

Do you know why?

It's because Messi accepts that the treatment he receives as part of the consequence of being blessed with outrageous talent and when you can pick yourself back up off the ground and say to yourself, this only happened because I'm the best player on the planet it becomes so much easier to control your temper. 

1 minute ago, Weird_Beard said:

Do you know why?

It's because Messi accepts that the treatment he receives as part of the consequence of being blessed with outrageous talent and when you can pick yourself back up ff the ground and say to yourself, this only happened because I'm the best player on the planet it becomes so much easier to control your temper. 

Watch mate might get banned for mentioning that site 

Anyone in Morelos' position would get just as frustrated as he is. He gets zero protection from the officials and is playing every game with a target on his back.

As soon as he was branded a 'hot head' by the media, he was fucked tbh. He doesn't stand a chance when you have every media outlet, pundits and ex player ripping him to bits every week for incidents that other players are getting away with. Even some of our own are buying into it now.

Morelos has let himself and us down on a few occasions, definitely, but the reactions from some on here is ridiculous.

"His career with us is over" ffs.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Doesn’t really matter. He’s put his name to it and sent it from his own twitter account. It’s the correct thing to do.

Yes it is. It’s too late though, that exact apology should have been put out from him after the UFA game.