McCoist

BridgeIsBlue

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because he was asked a question by a journalist. It's really not that difficult. They have a press day, journos speak to the invited 'guests' and ask them questions. Often times the story will be accompanied by a picture of whatever it is they are promoting or a line saying something like 'Ally McCoist was speaking on behalf of William Hill as part of their sponsorship of the Scottish Cup'

So all he says is why are we talking about Mo it’s the semi’s of the cup, we are here to talk about. Plenty of other pundits, managers can do that  

But no he just can’t help himself.  

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So what do we want? A balanced view or moonhowling paranoia?

We don’t even get a balanced view that’s the point lol, apart from Kevin Thomson. But that’s the exact point, moonhowling paranoia it is clearly, but he wouldn’t dare come out and say Scott Brown is a disgrace for example if you take into account his stamps/elbows over the past year or so. He’d back him to the death, our ex players are the exact opposite  

I’d fully expect any pundit with Rangers connections to back the club and its players. Balanced view? That’s fine I’m not wanting moonhowling paranoia but you know full well we’ve yet to get a balanced view from any Rangers minded pundit this season bar Kevin Thomson. 

They’re literally lining up to put the boot in on a consistent basis and I reiterate my point, if Alfredo Morelos hailed from Shettleston flats and dragged himself to the level he’s at now the reporting would be completely different. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We don’t even get a balanced view that’s the point lol, apart from Kevin Thomson. But that’s the exact point, moonhowling paranoia it is clearly, but he wouldn’t dare come out and say Scott Brown is a disgrace for example if you take into account his stamps/elbows over the past year or so. He’d back him to the death, our ex players are the exact opposite  

I’d fully expect any pundit with Rangers connections to back the club and its players. Balanced view? That’s fine I’m not wanting moonhowling paranoia but you know full well we’ve yet to get a balanced view from any Rangers minded pundit this season bar Kevin Thomson. 

They’re literally lining up to put the boot in on a consistent basis and I reiterate my point, if Alfredo Morelos hailed from Shettleston flats and dragged himself to the level he’s at now the reporting would be completely different. 

Thomson would back Brown to the hilt given they are best pals.

What part of McCoist's view wasn't balanced? That Morelos needs to cut out the red cards or that he has a discipline problem? These are both things the manager has also said but for some reason only one of them is 'sticking the boot in'

EDIT: It wasn't any different when it was Ryan Jack. Or is Aberdeen too far away from Shettleston for it to matter?

Just now, The Dude said:

Thomson would back Brown to the hilt given they are best pals.

What part of McCoist's view wasn't balanced? That Morelos needs to cut out the red cards or that he has a discipline problem? These are both things the manager has also said but for some reason only one of them is 'sticking the boot in'

You have no evidence of that first point whatsoever, you just make up stuff to try and validate what you say. 

A- It’s been done to the death, we’re 2 weeks on from a flailing arm, no a kick, stamp or elbow, a flailing arm. The other 3 things mentioned seem to be brushed aside quite often in this league... 

B- I will guarantee you Morelos “discipline problem” magically disappears when he leaves this country. In fact I reckon it would take him another 4 years in professional football to rack up the amount of yellows and reds he’s accumulated here in 2. So no he doesn’t have a discipline problem, in fact I’d say that half of his reds and yellows are issued because of who the media have portrayed him to be, not because of the player he is.

C- McCoist mentions “a fact of the matter is one or two clubs will be put off by his discipline record”. How does he know? He doesn’t and it fully reinforces my point- the things he’s saying is detrimental to Rangers by stating things like that and insinuating that his value has dropped. The guy is an absolute balloon. 

You’ve yet to actually answer my point about Morelos being Scottish would this media persecution continue? Didn’t think so

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You have no evidence of that first point whatsoever, you just make up stuff to try and validate what you say. 

A- It’s been done to the death, we’re 2 weeks on from a flailing arm, no a kick, stamp or elbow, a flailing arm. The other 3 things mentioned seem to be brushed aside quite often in this league... 

B- I will guarantee you Morelos “discipline problem” magically disappears when he leaves this country. In fact I reckon it would take him another 4 years in professional football to rack up the amount of yellows and reds he’s accumulated here in 2. So no he doesn’t have a discipline problem, in fact I’d say that half of his reds and yellows are issued because of who the media have portrayed him to be, not because of the player he is.

C- McCoist mentions “a fact of the matter is one or two clubs will be put off by his discipline record”. How does he know? He doesn’t and it fully reinforces my point- the things he’s saying is detrimental to Rangers by stating things like that and insinuating that his value has dropped. The guy is an absolute balloon. 

You’ve yet to actually answer my point about Morelos being Scottish would this media persecution continue? Didn’t think so

Ryan Jack got the same last season all the way from tropical Aberdeen.

It's also his fifth red card of the season (a European record) so it isn't really a surprise that people are talking about it.

It might well disappear when he leaves Scotland. I'd expect it'll depend on which league he goes to and how he reacts to opponents noising him up. If he does the same has he has at times up here then he'll still pick up cards. Of the four reds he's had domestically, the club accepted two of them and appealed two.

I'd expect that given McCoist has been involved in football in a professional capacity longer than I've been breathing then I imagine he has a fair idea of the sort of things clubs look at when it comes to signing a player.

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ryan Jack got the same last season all the way from tropical Aberdeen.

It's also his fifth red card of the season (a European record) so it isn't really a surprise that people are talking about it.

It might well disappear when he leaves Scotland. I'd expect it'll depend on which league he goes to and how he reacts to opponents noising him up. If he does the same has he has at times up here then he'll still pick up cards. Of the four reds he's had domestically, the club accepted two of them and appealed two.

I'd expect that given McCoist has been involved in football in a professional capacity longer than I've been breathing then I imagine he has a fair idea of the sort of things clubs look at when it comes to signing a player.

Haha aye he definitely has an eye for a player. Wow. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The Dude always seems to stick up for McCoist, I wonder what the actual reason for that is, seems the money grabber can do no wrong in his eyes!

Isn't the answer to everything because it's what my paymasters pay me to say?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No? There were quite a few - including Rangers fans - who thought he'd let us down with four reds in 20 games.

There's being let down then being completely vilified by the media up and down the country. 

You know there's a difference. 

4 minutes ago, backup said:

Kevin Kyle and ian black most certainly agree 👍

Those wanking themselves into a fury about Lee Wallace being a Rangers do.

Same for those who had Lewis Macleod as the second coming of Durrant. Or Barrie McKay being a megastar,

22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Haha aye he definitely has an eye for a player. Wow. 

You've yet to answer my point about Gerrard saying almost identical things about Morelos needing to cut out the red cards.

Was the manager sticking the boot in?

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We are talking about the general public. 

Also do really think another manager will say I’m not touching him he can bang in 30+ goals a season all he wants but he has a temper. 

They look at he’s goal scoring and go he will do for me. 

You honestly think his temper/ discipline wont affect his value and / or what teams/managers would sign him ?