McCoist

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, Gman36 said:

He's also damaged more than probably any individual player had ever done due to his years of utter incompetence. He's had a big hand in the scum reaching 10iar, which is more and more looking an inevitability. 

I'd love to hear the logic behind this one.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Probably why he doesn't say it anywhere in the quotes?

But don't let that get in the way of taking a dig at someone who has contributed more to Rangers than you or I could ever dream of...

Clean up his act!!!! 

Anyone reading that will take from it he’s a dirty nasty wee shit. Not that he’s a young lad who reacts to quick to the hammer throwers in the league  

So your saying Rent-a-gub gets a free pass to say what he likes because he banged in a few goals for us in his time. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'd love to hear the logic behind this one.

The logic should be obvious. 

Which other player has managed us through the lower leagues with such incompetency? It was a golden opportunity to build the squad up and he blew it on Kyle, sandaza etc.

Blew tens of millions of the share issue funds we managed to attract. 

Didn't even manage to get us out of the championship at the first time of asking despite the massive outlay. 

If he really cared about the club he'd have accepted he was an utterly shite manager and chucked it long before he did. 

And thats not even mentioning his own personal gain from getting shares and being an enabler to the likes of Charles Green et al to get their grubby fingers in the pie. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Clean up his act!!!! 

Anyone reading that will take from it he’s a dirty nasty wee shit. Not that he’s a young lad who reacts to quick to the hammer throwers in the league  

So your saying Rent-a-gub gets a free pass to say what he likes because he banged in a few goals for us in his time. 

Five red cards this season backs it up. Nowhere does McCoist say he's dirty or nasty. You're reading things that simply aren't there.

If it's a fairly reasonable opinion, then yes. He's as free to say what he wants as anyone on here is when they call Morelos a 'cunt' and demand that he's sold.

11 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

The logic should be obvious. 

Which other player has managed us through the lower leagues with such incompetency? It was a golden opportunity to build the squad up and he blew it on Kyle, sandaza etc.

Blew tens of millions of the share issue funds we managed to attract. 

Didn't even manage to get us out of the championship at the first time of asking despite the massive outlay. 

If he really cared about the club he'd have accepted he was an utterly shite manager and chucked it long before he did. 

And thats not even mentioning his own personal gain from getting shares and being an enabler to the likes of Charles Green et al to get their grubby fingers in the pie. 

Cunts on here were delighted when we signed Sandaza. Tell me, who were you expecting to come join us in the third division?

'Blew tens of millions' - I think your understanding of what a manager does at a football club is woefully misplaced.

Hadn't he just gone the entire season without defeat the season before he resigned?

How did McCoist getting shares contribute to celtic's recent dominance in the league?

'An enabler' of Green? Does that also apply to every fan who bought into the IPO and bought STs under Green? They done plenty to 'enable' him. There were posters on here wouldn't hear a bad word said against old Chuckles.

6 hours ago, DC76 said:

Don't be get me wrong,I'm not against an objective opinion..however there is no objectivity regarding Morelos..particularly amongst Rangers fans..out of curiousity how many times did we see ally get blatantly done off the ball only for him to be sent off for retaliation?

So, maybe experience of this is where his opinion is based, perhaps.

I'm not a fan of all that Ally comes away with at times or how he managed our team...however slaughtering him every single time he is either quoted by the media or anything he says as a pundit is getting beyond crazy now. 

He is indeed correct about Morelos. Morelos is a brilliant little guy and I love watching him play, but in games where he knows the opposition are going to act like complete wankers to fire him up, he needs to be clever. That is the absolute fact of the matter, not a put down. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Five red cards this season backs it up. Nowhere does McCoist say he's dirty or nasty. You're reading things that simply aren't there.

If it's a fairly reasonable opinion, then yes. He's as free to say what he wants as anyone on here is when they call Morelos a 'cunt' and demand that he's sold.

Clean up his act!!!

Control his anger!!!!

I know what one fits best. 

Rent-a-gub should’ve stopped everything when he retired because that was the only thing in life he was ever good at. 

Hes just another long line of ex players only to happy to have a dig for the money. 

So if according to you we all have the right to say what we like, then I can say Ally is a twat and he needs to keep his trap shut and just let people think he’s not the sharpest tack in the box, and you don’t get to say he’s a Legend and doesn’t deserve criticism. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Clean up his act!!!

Control his anger!!!!

I know what one fits best. 

Rent-a-gub should’ve stopped everything when he retired because that was the only thing in life he was ever good at. 

Hes just another long line of ex players only to happy to have a dig for the money. 

So if according to you we all have the right to say what we like, then I can say Ally is a twat and he needs to keep his trap shut and just let people think he’s not the sharpest tack in the box, and you don’t get to say he’s a Legend and doesn’t deserve criticism. 

I think you've totally misunderstood what I've said - whether deliberately or otherwise. McCoist has as much right as ANY poster, fan, pundit, ex-player or random punter to ive his opinion. The fact that it's one that many Rangers fans agree with seems to be lost on you though.

Where is he having a dig? By saying Morelos needs to cut out the red cards? Was Gerrard having a dig when he said the same? Would it be ok if an ex-player we didn't hate (I know there aren't too many of those) said it?

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Clean up his act!!!! 

Anyone who watches us should know the real truth. Morelos is anything but dirty or nasty. He has had very tough wrongful reffing and little to no protection against dirty nasty opposition. 

Too much attention is given to what Ally says. How many times is it said on here to ignore people who berate fellow forum users? 

Would have more respect for Ally if he had a go at Brown for his part in the whole episode, rather than having a dig at Morelos. There’s enough ex-tarriers like Sutton and co having a go at Alfie without one of our own joining in. You won’t get ex-tarriers criticising their own kind in public, it’s “circle the wagons” with that mob.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Cunts on here were delighted when we signed Sandaza. Tell me, who were you expecting to come join us in the third division?

'Blew tens of millions' - I think you're understanding of what a manager does at a football club is woefully misplaced.

Hadn't he just gone the entire season without defeat the season before he resigned?

How did McCoist getting shares contribute to celtic's recent dominance in the league?

'An enabler' of Green? Does that also apply to every fan who bought into the IPO and bought STs under Green? They done plenty to 'enable' him. There were posters on here wouldn't hear a bad word said against old Chuckles.

Yeah sandaza et al were reasonable enough signings. But massively overspent on them. And it was a conveyor belt of guys in and out on far more money than they should have been. The money drained out of the club during that time is shocking to look back on. 

Enlighten me with regards to the managers say in transfers then, why do you think mccoist should not be blamed? 

Yes he went unbeaten but didn't get us out of the championship which is inexcusable for the sums of money spent. 

I'm making the point mccoist personally profited whilst the club performed extremely poorly, which he had a fair hand in. 

There's two fairly fundamental differences between mccoist and the fans. Firstly the fans had no visibility of what was going on within the club. Secondly the fans were putting money IN. mccoist was taking huge sums of money OUT. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

Yeah sandaza et al were reasonable enough signings. But massively overspent on them. And it was a conveyor belt of guys in and out on far more money than they should have been. The money drained out of the club during that time is shocking to look back on. 

Enlighten me with regards to the managers say in transfers then, why do you think mccoist should not be blamed? 

Yes he went unbeaten but didn't get us out of the championship which is inexcusable for the sums of money spent. 

I'm making the point mccoist personally profited whilst the club performed extremely poorly, which he had a fair hand in. 

There's two fairly fundamental differences between mccoist and the fans. Firstly the fans had no visibility of what was going on within the club. Secondly the fans were putting money IN. mccoist was taking huge sums of money OUT. 

So we massively overspent on them. The manager isnt the one who negotiates their contract. Hasn't been that way for years. Blame chuckles, Andrew Dickson and the others involved in actually negotiating their contracts.

Managers of course have a say in who is signed but when it comes down to the financial aspect of it, they have fairly minimal input. That's left to others to deal with.

Yeah, and he resigned midway through that season. Not sure what else you're wanting there tbh. How has that stopped Gerrard's side challenging celtic this season?

Stuart McCall made as big a cunt of getting out of the championship as McCoist. I take it you hold the same hostility towards him? He was paid for the privilege too.

Every single person at the club profited while the club underperformed. As they have at literally every single point in history when the club has underperformed. Walter profited while we were getting pumped out of Europe by no hopers despite having one of the biggest wage bills on the continent. McLeish profited while we were drawing 0-0 with the might of Berwick Rangers. How has that stopped any of the last three managers stopping celtic winning the league?

So, you're upset that a man was paid for doing his job? Given the sums involved do you think that would've been the difference between us winning the league in any of the last three seasons?

9 minutes ago, OhW said:

But it proves that he receives harsher punishment than he should from referees, yet you don't even mention it, you just say "five red cards this season backs it up". Would you blame Kieran Gibbs for for getting sent off because he looks a bit like Oxlade-Chamberlain?

You're apportioning 'blame' when I haven't. I've not once said Morelos is to blame for all five of his red cards. The simple fact however is that on five occassions this season we've been left a man down on the pitch because Morelos was sent off. That can't continue.

Fuck McCoist. 

None of these “pundits” would have anything negative to say if he was Scottish. 

He’d either be growing into professional football, hard done by by the officials, or a combative striker who loves the physical side of the game. He wouldn’t have half the bookings he’s had either. 

It’s pathetic and embarrassing that we can’t even get ex Rangers players to give a balanced view never mind a pro- Rangers view. 

Meanwhile the cellic ambassador is bleating on about throw ins they didn’t get 30 year ago. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So we massively overspent on them. The manager isnt the one who negotiates their contract. Hasn't been that way for years. Blame chuckles, Andrew Dickson and the others involved in actually negotiating their contracts.

Managers of course have a say in who is signed but when it comes down to the financial aspect of it, they have fairly minimal input. That's left to others to deal with.

Yeah, and he resigned midway through that season. Not sure what else you're wanting there tbh. How has that stopped Gerrard's side challenging celtic this season?

Stuart McCall made as big a cunt of getting out of the championship as McCoist. I take it you hold the same hostility towards him? He was paid for the privilege too.

Every single person at the club profited while the club underperformed. As they have at literally every single point in history when the club has underperformed. Walter profited while we were getting pumped out of Europe by no hopers despite having one of the biggest wage bills on the continent. McLeish profited while we were drawing 0-0 with the might of Berwick Rangers. How has that stopped any of the last three managers stopping celtic winning the league?

So, you're upset that a man was paid for doing his job? Given the sums involved do you think that would've been the difference between us winning the league in any of the last three seasons?

What's your point caller? 

I've got an opinion, you've challenged it with not much more than a raft of questions.

In my opinion mccoist has to take a reasonable percentage blame for our current position. I dunno what that percentage is, say 5%? But that's actually pretty high considering he was an assistant manager gifted the managers role for several years. And it unfortunately dents his previous reputation as one of our best ever players (in my opinion). 

Just now, Gman36 said:

What's your point caller? 

I've got an opinion, you've challenged it with not much more than a raft of questions.

In my opinion mccoist has to take a reasonable percentage blame for our current position. I dunno what that percentage is, say 5%? But that's actually pretty high considering he was an assistant manager gifted the managers role for several years. And it unfortunately dents his previous reputation as one of our best ever players (in my opinion). 

Your opiion is that McCoist was massively responsible for celtic dominating the league yet the stuff you've used to back it up has little relevance to the league.

McCoist getting shares doesn't mean that Rob Kiernan couldn't keep weans out a close.

McCoist not getting promoted from the Championship almost five years ago has no relevance to Steven Gerrard's side being 13 points behind them today.

McCoist signing players that the fans were begging for us to sign at the time has no bearing on where the side is seven years on.

McCoist gets it tight on here. He could be a bit more biased to the club we know he loves but generally he could say exactly what some wanted to hear and they would still slaughter him. 

Legend of a player. 

Shite Manager 

a rock at our lowest ebb

money grabber

died in the wool blue nose. 

In my top 5 of people I would like to have a Pint with. 

I think we put expectations on people that are unrealistic. McCoist is a legendary footballer for Rangers but ultimately he is just a bloke from Bellshill

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Fuck McCoist. 

None of these “pundits” would have anything negative to say if he was Scottish. 

He’d either be growing into professional football, hard done by by the officials, or a combative striker who loves the physical side of the game. He wouldn’t have half the bookings he’s had either. 

It’s pathetic and embarrassing that we can’t even get ex Rangers players to give a balanced view never mind a pro- Rangers view. 

Meanwhile the cellic ambassador is bleating on about throw ins they didn’t get 30 year ago. 

So what do we want? A balanced view or moonhowling paranoia?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Your opiion is that McCoist was massively responsible for celtic dominating the league yet the stuff you've used to back it up has little relevance to the league.

McCoist getting shares doesn't mean that Rob Kiernan couldn't keep weans out a close.

McCoist not getting promoted from the Championship almost five years ago has no relevance to Steven Gerrard's side being 13 points behind them today.

McCoist signing players that the fans were begging for us to sign at the time has no bearing on where the side is seven years on.

He was an enabler for us continuing on like the way we always did. We badly needed modernising and he's proven himself to be a footballing dinosaur. We arguably still haven't modernised in a way. We're only starting to adjust to the modern game where we need to be a feeder club to England. The fact we're creaking towards accepting selling morelos to the highest bidder is an example of that. 

We had a three year incubation period to get our house in order and prepare for being a modern club in the top division. 

He played on his heritage with the club to get himself into an elevated position way beyond his capability level. 

I don't fully blame him for anything that happened. I'm saying he had more than his fair share of blame in it, and that it impacts his legacy. 

And equating mccoist to Kiernan, come on to fuck. That's dismal.