McCoist

BridgeIsBlue

41 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

What nonsense. A large section of the message board community may not like him but that has little to no reflection to the support in real life.  

Most grown ups know that punditry and managing a football team are two completely different jobs requiring completely different skill sets.

...... which McCoist has shown..... beyond a shadow of a doubt that ...... he has neither one or the other .... that in my experience .... talking to other supporters on and off line .... is what most grown ups know.

:UK:

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

😂 your blaming mccoists tenure for the paedos still being ahead???

we should have modelled ourselves after Gretna? I’ll have what your drinking

No. I said Gretna and Livingston showed how to get from the 3rd division to the Premier league in one shot. It took us two, and that was due to McCoist's signings and tactics. With the budget we had (I think I remember reading our wage bill was higher than the the whole league's put together) it is a disgrace we took two attempts to get up. Look how Hearts done when they got relegated. Any proper manager would've got us up no problem. Warburton done it ffs. Where's he now? 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

...... which McCoist has shown..... beyond a shadow of a doubt that ...... he has neither one or the other .... that in my experience .... talking to other supporters on and off line .... is what most grown ups know.

He’s highly sought after by BT, Sky, Talksport and ITV back when they had the champions league.  He’s also spent a lifetime in the game mostly successfully.  Not bad for a man with no skill sets eh?

21 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He said in his first autobiography that he "could never do a managers job" 

Yet he ended up our manager when we really needed a proper manager. Both Livingston and Gretna showed how to get from the 3rd division to the Premier league with much less money. McCoist only had to copy them and we would already be a year ahead of our development than we are just now. We should have won a top trophy by now and at the very least be within touching distance of the taigs right now. 

What’s your point exactly?  McCoist was a bad manager, is anyone saying otherwise?!

It doesn’t make him a bad person.

37 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Rangers players have standards and try to show they can view a match and not be biased against one team or the other the scum players do not have that trait.

Not having that at all. Fuck all to do with standards they are hand wingers and bow to their paymasters. 

37 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

Easy to do when they’re probably about to win their 3rd treble in a row.

celtic used to get savaged by the media in the 90’s when roles were reversed.  

William Waddell used to forever criticise Rangers when he was a journalist.

Nope, brown is a Classless prick hee haw to do with treble trebles, eight in a row. Sutton et al should call him out but they don't. 

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

McCoist is a pundit now - his job is to be controversial to invoke discussion and opinion. 

I'd suggest the first  job of a pundit is to give a professional view, from a footballers point of view, to add depth to what the commentator sees

12 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

No. I said Gretna and Livingston showed how to get from the 3rd division to the Premier league in one shot. It took us two, and that was due to McCoist's signings and tactics. With the budget we had (I think I remember reading our wage bill was higher than the the whole league's put together) it is a disgrace we took two attempts to get up. Look how Hearts done when they got relegated. Any proper manager would've got us up no problem. Warburton done it ffs. Where's he now? 

We aren’t even competing with the scum yet but you want to blame this whole chapter on mccoist?? Remind me who employs the managers and sets budgets etc again?

Just now, LiverpoolBlue said:

I'd suggest the first  job of a pundit is to give a professional view, from a footballers point of view, to add depth to what the commentator sees

You can suggest it, it’s not what BT sport etc want. Or do you think that’s why Sutton is employed as well, because he’s professional?

1 minute ago, Paulbrian11 said:

He’s highly sought after by BT, Sky, Talksport and ITV back when they had the champions league.  He’s also spent a lifetime in the game mostly successfully.  Not bad for a man with no skill sets eh?

..... as stated previously mate .... when with us as a so called manager .... he was worse than playing with 9 men.

..... also stated previously .... when commenting on our games or questioned about us or our players ..... he lacks the ability to put other pundits in their place when they unfairly attack our players and team in general .... appeasement is not a quality or a skill set by any stretch of the imagination .... any Rangers supporter will tell you that.

Move the goal posts all you like mate .... he is less thought of by more in our support than you would like to believe .... any of the other topics you brought to the table are irrelevant to his popularity decline amongst a fair portion of the support .... as far as I am concerned he should stick to commentating on other competitions and stay well away from our games .... out of sight out of mind would be fine.

27 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Not having that at all. Fuck all to do with standards they are hand wingers and bow to their paymasters. 

Disagree, its the difference between being brought up well and dragged up a beast.

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

..... as stated previously mate .... when with us as a so called manager .... he was worse than playing with 9 men.

..... also stated previously .... when commenting on our games or questioned about us or our players ..... he lacks the ability to put other pundits in their place when they unfairly attack our players and team in general .... appeasement is not a quality or a skill set by any stretch of the imagination .... any Rangers supporter will tell you that.

Move the goal posts all you like mate .... he is less thought of by more in our support than you would like to believe .... any of the other topics you brought to the table are irrelevant to his popularity decline amongst a fair portion of the support .... as far as I am concerned he should stick to commentating on other competitions and stay well away from our games .... out of sight out of mind would be fine.

You’re telling me that perceived poor punditry and failing to stand up for us - I’ve heard him stand up for us plenty of times, by the way - is more important to people than 300 goals and 10 league titles?  That simply can’t be true.

It may be true of obsessives on message boards who analyse every negative comment about Rangers to the nth degree but not of the wider support surely.  I was at Rugby Park a few months back and thousands were singing ‘Super Ally’ at him and giving Sutton dogs abuse.  Not particularly scientific obviously but I’d bet the wider support is a lot more forgiving and less likely to hold grudges than people online.

40 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Nope, brown is a Classless prick hee haw to do with treble trebles, eight in a row. Sutton et al should call him out but they don't. 

Of course it is.  Brown was a classless prick when Walter was winning trophy after trophy and he was repeatedly called out by the celtic minded media.  His temperament was continually questioned especially when he was made captain.  He was criticised heavily when he got sent off in the 1-0 Edu game.

Now celtic are on top and he’s untouchable.  Knock them off their perch and he’d be an irrelevance/liability again.

4 hours ago, Paulbrian11 said:

1/ ....You’re telling me that perceived poor punditry and failing to stand up for us - I’ve heard him stand up for us plenty of times, by the way - is more important to people than 300 goals and 10 league titles?  That simply can’t be true.

2/ ..... It may be true of obsessives on message boards who analyse every negative comment about Rangers to the nth degree but not of the wider support surely.  I was at Rugby Park a few months back and thousands were singing ‘Super Ally’ at him and giving Sutton dogs abuse.  Not particularly scientific obviously but I’d bet the wider support is a lot more forgiving and less likely to hold grudges than people online.

1/ ...... No one is disputing his playing career ... that is not the topic of this thread ... it's his stupid ill thought out replies to questions that he should bat aside as not what he was there to talk about.

Surely you must see that.

2/ ...... "The obsessives on message boards" are also part of the wider support ..... and Ally is no longer super to them.