McCoist

BridgeIsBlue

McCoist is a pundit now - his job is to be controversial to invoke discussion and opinion. 

Job done by the look of this thread. 

People looking to him to defend us - why the fuck aren’t you calling out the board who refuse to defend us? He has nothing to do with us now, yet the custodians get a free ride despite us being ridden like shergar in the press again 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

McCoist is a pundit now - his job is to be controversial to invoke discussion and opinion. 

Job done by the look of this thread. 

People looking to him to defend us - why the fuck aren’t you calling out the board who refuse to defend us? He has nothing to do with

A pundit is the closest he’ll get to a football team again.  No one would ever hire him as a manager after the unmitigated disaster he was for us.  

With such negative sentiment towards him I don’t think he needs to be deliberately controversial to get attention.  

I only wish they would stop letting McCoist commentate over our games.  Broadcasters must know that a large cross section of our supporters don't like the guy.  His opinion is worthless anyway we all know from his time as a manager that he's clueless.  

45 minutes ago, TMB said:

I only wish they would stop letting McCoist commentate over our games.  Broadcasters must know that a large cross section of our supporters don't like the guy.  His opinion is worthless anyway we all know from his time as a manager that he's clueless.  

Do we like anybody that commentates on us out with Kevin Thomson?

56 minutes ago, TMB said:

I only wish they would stop letting McCoist commentate over our games.  Broadcasters must know that a large cross section of our supporters don't like the guy.  His opinion is worthless anyway we all know from his time as a manager that he's clueless.

Because McCoist is the only pundit/commentator cutting about who’s been shit as a manager....

58 minutes ago, TMB said:

Broadcasters must know that a large cross section of our supporters don't like the guy.  

You would think so, but the average Facebook/BP9/newspaper-buying Rangers fan still loves him. 

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Because McCoist is the only pundit/commentator cutting about who’s been shit as a manager....

Normally one of the pundits are liked by the supporters of the teams they're commentating on.  I'm sure the celtic support are fond of guys like Sutton, Commons, or Walker.  I just don't think McCoist is a good choice for a football commentator on Rangers games as a large section of our support don't like him and I doubt anyone takes his opinions seriously after his car crash stint as manager. 

Neil McCann was really good as a commentator.  It didn't work out for him at Dundee but he never embarrassed himself and our fans are still very fond of him.  

Just now, grant_rfc said:

He is truly dreadful. Can''t even fucking get the players names right. 

He's always been a piss poor commentator but he's not alone now most of the commentators are shit Craigan, Sutton, Stewart all fucking horrible to listen too.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Normally one of the pundits are liked by the supporters of the teams they're commentating on.  I'm sure the celtic support are fond of guys like Sutton, Commons, or Walker.  I just don't think McCoist is a good choice for a football commentator on Rangers games as a large section of our support don't like him and I doubt anyone takes his opinions seriously after his car crash stint as manager. 

Neil McCann was really good as a commentator.  It didn't work out for him at Dundee but he never embarrassed himself and our fans are still very fond of him.  

What nonsense. A large section of the message board community may not like him but that has little to no reflection to the support in real life.  

Most grown ups know that punditry and managing a football team are two completely different jobs requiring completely different skill sets.

5 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

What nonsense. A large section of the message board community may not like him but that has little to no reflection to the support in real life.  

Most grown ups know that punditry and managing a football team are two completely different jobs requiring completely different skill sets.

So why do pretty much all timmish pundits stand up for all things sellik and 90% of rangers minded pundits stick the boot in. 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

So why do pretty much all timmish pundits stand up for all things sellik and 90% of Rangers minded pundits stick the boot in. 

I think Rangers players have standards and try to show they can view a match and not be biased against one team or the other the scum players do not have that trait.

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

So why do pretty much all timmish pundits stand up for all things sellik and 90% of Rangers minded pundits stick the boot in. 

Easy to do when they’re probably about to win their 3rd treble in a row.

celtic used to get savaged by the media in the 90’s when roles were reversed.  

William Waddell used to forever criticise Rangers when he was a journalist.

18 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

He said in his first autobiography that he "could never do a managers job" 

Yet he ended up our manager when we really needed a proper manager. Both Livingston and Gretna showed how to get from the 3rd division to the Premier league with much less money. McCoist only had to copy them and we would already be a year ahead of our development than we are just now. We should have won a top trophy by now and at the very least be within touching distance of the taigs right now. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He said in his first autobiography that he "could never do a managers job" 

Yet he ended up our manager when we really needed a proper manager. Both Livingston and Gretna showed how to get from the 3rd division to the Premier league with much less money. McCoist only had to copy them and we would already be a year ahead of our development than we are just now. We should have won a top trophy by now and at the very least be within touching distance of the taigs right now. 

😂 your blaming mccoists tenure for the paedos still being ahead???

we should have modelled ourselves after Gretna? I’ll have what your drinking

26 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

25 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Rangers players have standards and try to show they can view a match and not be biased against one team or the other the scum players do not have that trait.

Which all amounts to 'dignified silence', and you've all saw where that gets you !