Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rossiter

Did you not watch the game at Easter road when he was head and shoulders above everyone?

There would be others I’d be moving on before Rossiter tbh, still think there’s a player in there.

Posted Images

Confused as to why the club have not updated us to his whereabouts. We were told about the players who were surplus and asked to find a new club. And why has anyone from the media not found out why? Giving him extra rest puts him at a disadvantage to the rest of the players who are already up to speed. A transfer must be imminent, it's the only reasonable explanation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Confused as to why the club have not updated us to his whereabouts. We were told about the players who were surplus and asked to find a new club. And why has anyone from the media not found out why? Giving him extra rest puts him at a disadvantage to the rest of the players who are already up to speed. A transfer must be imminent, it's the only reasonable explanation.

He's injured read it on here yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been told he’s surplus to requirements.

 

From the Sun

JORDAN ROSSITER will have no part to play at Rangers next season.

The Gers midfielder - along with Kyle Lafferty, Eros Grezda, Graham Dorrans and Jason Holt - has been left at home and told to find a new club while the rest of the squad get to work in Portugal.


Rossiter was tipped for big things at Liverpool before Gers move

Rossiter, 22, has barely featured for the Light Blues because of injuries since joining from Liverpool three years ago.

The former England U-19s captain was outstanding during a loan spell at Bury last season.

But Steven Gerrard already has plenty of midfield options and is on the verge of adding out-of-contract Charlton star Joe Aribo.

The Ibrox boss admits it was difficult telling the quintet their services were no longer required, although he accepts there can be no room for sentiment.


He enjoyed a successful loan at Bury last season.

He added: “The squad is big. We have 28 players with us right now.

“The board haven’t said and they haven’t put me under any pressure, but you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work out the squad is too big.

“I have to be honest and tell people they won’t get the game time that will satisfy them.

“It’s not as brutal as saying get out as quick as you can, we don’t respect you and don’t love you anymore.

“But as a manager you have to make tough decisions and you have to go with what you think is the best prepared squad to challenge next season.

“Yes, I have had to have difficult conversations with certain players, but I hope they understand I’m trying to be as respectful as I can to give them as much time to find a different route.

“My job is to manage the team, manage game time, make team selections and pick squads best capable of being successful.

“In terms of contracts and what is out there for them, that is where their agents will come into it more than myself.

“It’s very easy for a manager to be selfish and keep them in the door for as long as you want and tell them later on in the window. I don’t think that is fair.

“I want to give people I respect the best chance to get the best solution for them.

“That is why I have told certain people as early as I can.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BeargerNo.1 said:

Been told he’s surplus to requirements.

 

From the Sun

JORDAN ROSSITER will have no part to play at Rangers next season.

The Gers midfielder - along with Kyle Lafferty, Eros Grezda, Graham Dorrans and Jason Holt - has been left at home and told to find a new club while the rest of the squad get to work in Portugal.


Rossiter was tipped for big things at Liverpool before Gers move

Rossiter, 22, has barely featured for the Light Blues because of injuries since joining from Liverpool three years ago.

The former England U-19s captain was outstanding during a loan spell at Bury last season.

But Steven Gerrard already has plenty of midfield options and is on the verge of adding out-of-contract Charlton star Joe Aribo.

The Ibrox boss admits it was difficult telling the quintet their services were no longer required, although he accepts there can be no room for sentiment.


He enjoyed a successful loan at Bury last season.

He added: “The squad is big. We have 28 players with us right now.

“The board haven’t said and they haven’t put me under any pressure, but you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work out the squad is too big.

“I have to be honest and tell people they won’t get the game time that will satisfy them.

“It’s not as brutal as saying get out as quick as you can, we don’t respect you and don’t love you anymore.

“But as a manager you have to make tough decisions and you have to go with what you think is the best prepared squad to challenge next season.

“Yes, I have had to have difficult conversations with certain players, but I hope they understand I’m trying to be as respectful as I can to give them as much time to find a different route.

“My job is to manage the team, manage game time, make team selections and pick squads best capable of being successful.

“In terms of contracts and what is out there for them, that is where their agents will come into it more than myself.

“It’s very easy for a manager to be selfish and keep them in the door for as long as you want and tell them later on in the window. I don’t think that is fair.

“I want to give people I respect the best chance to get the best solution for them.

“That is why I have told certain people as early as I can.”

I can’t see where Gerrard said he is “surplus to requirements”

the Sun does though 🙄

kelvd1873 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Said when he leaves us he will play every game for whoever he signs for , and of course got slaughtered by the experts on here.

Mystery illness and injuries the whole time with us all disappear the minute hes gone. 

Gerrard and staff will have picked up on it to , add to the fact that hes found his level and is not good enough , hopefully played his last game for the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Said when he leaves us he will play every game for whoever he signs for , and of course got slaughtered by the experts on here.

Mystery illness and injuries the whole time with us all disappear the minute hes gone. 

Gerrard and staff will have picked up on it to , add to the fact that hes found his level and is not good enough , hopefully played his last game for the club.

I don't think that's a fair summary of how his injuries have been handled or how he's handled himself, this isn't an Andy Webster situation. He's wad injured since a year before we took him, we possibly didn't diagnose the cause early or we took the chance that it would clear up quicker. His body didn't take a normal development path and growing pains meany he was constantly getting injured. He's been fit in that sense since last year and was out out on loan to play games because we couldn't nurse him through 20 matches to get him match fit and retrain his body to endure a rigorous playing and training regime. 

He's gone on loan and shown he can cope with matches at a lesser level but meantime we have moved on and improved and maybe we have left him behind in terms of ability and experience.  How do we catch him back up in terms of his actual match experience when we have Davis, Kamara, Aribo and others all fit and firing in the team.  

My preference would be to let him go for free but with a buyback clause set at a favourable fee. Say a million quid. If he goes off and racks up 40 matches for QPR or whoever and starts to make an impact again we take him back, raring and ready to go. He's a right good player you only need eyes to recognise the natural ability, he just needs a run we can't afford to risk giving him in this of all seasons  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I think The Sun have put two & two together and come to this conclusion on their own, I also think they are right. His absence from camp speaks volumes. This one is confusing....... the boy did what was asked of him last year when he went out on loan, similar to Docherty and now he is surplus. He will have a good career maybe similar to a John Fleck. I had really hoped it worked out but football can be harsh at times. At least Gerrard showed no bias for a fellow Scouse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Pity this lad hadn’t the right frame of mind to play for us , looked impressive the ver brief times we did see him , Andy Webster all over again , he will go onto a much smaller club and not miss a minute 

Fuck all to do with his 'frame of mind'. It was his physical frame that was the problem.

Think after such a successful loan spell we should have had a look at him at least.

At least we won't have to listen to anymore "7 to 10 days" one liners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fuck all to do with his 'frame of mind'. It was his physical frame that was the problem.

Think after such a successful loan spell we should have had a look at him at least.

At least we won't have to listen to anymore "7 to 10 days" one liners.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fuck all to do with his 'frame of mind'. It was his physical frame that was the problem.

Think after such a successful loan spell we should have had a look at him at least.

At least we won't have to listen to anymore "7 to 10 days" one liners.

You honestly think he’s been genuinely injured for 3 seasons with us then can play half a season with bury no problem? The demand to much for the lad at Rangers , no fucking danger he’s been genuinely injured all that time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...