Expanding Ibrox

Ace

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

There are an unbelievable amount of cynics and pessimists on this site , ready to belittle anything good about our club, why? fucked if I know as my glass is always half full.

Because we have seen it before and don’t swallow what the club board spews out anymore. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

:lol: 

you should tell that to the various contractors that have been in over the summer 

the asbestos removal experts that have been assessing Edmiston House 

the surveyors that have been engaged to determine the most effective ways to expand the stadium 

It's unbelievable how people see a negative to this.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Because we have seen it before and don’t swallow what the club board spews out anymore. 

So Esk is lying then and no extensive work went on in the stadium during the last 3 months after many years of neglect.

Just now, pcbear said:

So Esk is lying then and no extensive work went on in the stadium during the last 3 months after many years of neglect.

Did I say any of that????

Im talking about future plans that suddenly drop from nowhere. If you want to swallow ever little crumb our board toss you carry on. I’ve learnt with the Rangers board that when it’s done and I can see it then I’ll believe it. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's unbelievable how people see a negative to this.

I can obviously understand the need for investment in other aspects of the club, particularly to close the revenue gap with celtic. Possibly short-term outlook from me which doesn’t always end well but I’d rather everything was geared towards a winning team on the park in all honesty 

12 minutes ago, pcbear said:

There are an unbelievable amount of cynics and pessimists on this site who are primed and ready to belittle anything good about our club, why? fucked if I know as my glass is always half full.

There's also millions of pounds being spent upgrading parts of the stadium that have been neglected for years. Such as boilers, the smoke vent system etc.

Huge work going on by the new in house maintenance team 

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did I say any of that????

Im talking about future plans that suddenly drop from nowhere. If you want to swallow ever little crumb our board toss you carry on. I’ve learnt with the Rangers board that when it’s done and I can see it then I’ll believe it. 

Future plans have got to start from somewhere, all the essential repairs and improvements happening right now tells me that we are heading the right way,  Craig Whyte/CharlesGreen/Ashleys plants and all their entourage trying their level best to milk us dry every last one of them a cunt, I may be in the minority but I will cut the board some slack when I see the huge improvements top to tail in our club.

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Future plans have got to start from somewhere, all the essential repairs and improvements happening right now tells me that we are heading the right way,  Craig Whyte/CharlesGreen/Ashleys plants and all their entourage trying their level best to milk us dry every last one of them a cunt, I may be in the minority but I will cut the board some slack when I see the huge improvements top to tail in our club.

The same cunt in charge now was there when we used to get all the Moonbeams. 😂😂

And that cunt you are cutting some slack to is costing us millions because of his and his hired hands stupidity, so from now on when it’s done I will pass judgement. Until then if we take the stance the board is spouting pish we are more than likely spot on. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The same cunt in charge now was there when we used to get all the Moonbeams. 😂😂

And that cunt you are cutting some slack to is costing us millions because of his and his hired hands stupidity, so from now on when it’s done I will pass judgement. Until then if we take the stance the board is spouting pish we are more than likely spot on. 

:cheers: Mines is the half full one,

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ibrox isn’t too small at all

Well why are we posting about it , when SR is talking about expanding it obviously is too small , put your head back in the sand.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

:lol: 

you should tell that to the various contractors that have been in over the summer 

the asbestos removal experts that have been assessing Edmiston House 

the surveyors that have been engaged to determine the most effective ways to expand the stadium 

Well RMs man in know .I bow to your superior knowledge 

I see Thompson has retired now .You were few years late on that one 😉

12 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

At an evening with Mark Hateley a few months back he said that the roofs of the copland and broomloan can be lifted off to increase capacity then put back on but would only be considered once at least a couple of seasons of qualifying for the champions league

Aye the engineering genius Mark Hateley

I think we are just looking to see if it’s possible to expand. I can’t see anything being done for at least a couple seasons yet.  No harm in getting this looked at  now and later on getting right to it after winning a couple titles and playing champs league. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

There's also millions of pounds being spent upgrading parts of the stadium that have been neglected for years. Such as boilers, the smoke vent system etc.

Huge work going on by the new in house maintenance team 

Really mate? Never knew the work was so extensive. Great to hear the club are fixing the old stadium up.It's long over due tbh.

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

How's it depressing?

Because we are fannying about over a few thousand seats in a stadium in dire need of an overhaul from top to bottom, when side after side in Europe are getting new or completely overhauled stadiums.  I think that is something to depressed about, not even touching on our position in Scottish  football, our lack of wherewithal, never ending shit with that charlatan at the top. I could go on, but it's just making me more depressed. 

Just now, MaddistonKnight said:

Because we are fannying about over a few thousand seats in a stadium in dire need of an overhaul from top to bottom, when side after side in Europe are getting new or completely overhauled stadiums.  I think that is something to depressed about, not even touching on our position in Scottish  football, our lack of wherewithal, never ending shit with that charlatan at the top. I could go on, but it's just making me more depressed. 

The stadium is undergoing a massive overhaul. Some we will see, some that won't even be thought about by match day fans.

You're talking about fannying about fkr an extra few thousand seats.

That for the same "fannying about" cost Liverpool 75million for phase 1. That was around 4500 extra seats 

7 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

The best sides in Europe are moving to the same generic bowl stadiums and they’re all shite for the most part, Tottenham aside. Give me Ibrox over them all.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

The stadium is undergoing a massive overhaul. Some we will see, some that won't even be thought about by match day fans.

You're talking about fannying about fkr an extra few thousand seats.

That for the same "fannying about" cost Liverpool 75million for phase 1. That was around 4500 extra seats 

It was over 8000 seats and a total refurbishment, new frontage, etc. .

Are you really saying that you are happy with Rangers falling behind team after team with modern stadium? I'm not. I go to the Struth stand every game, and it's not good. I go to the Thornton Suite for hospitality once a season, have done 4 times. It's well jaded. The only decent bit is the marble staircase. 

We are falling  further and further behind, with no plans for a stadium that is already 40 year old, forgetting the main stand. 

At the end of the day, I'd watch Rangers at a council pitch. But to be frank, that's not how we'll bring in future generations.  

So yes, the current stadium situation, comparing what other countries have, is depressing. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The best sides in Europe are moving to the same generic bowl stadiums and they’re all shite for the most part, Tottenham aside. Give me Ibrox over them all.

I used the Wanda in my post. It's cracking. The Marseille ground is cracking. Juventus is smart.  

Ibrox, unfortunately, is dated.  We can spruce it up, but what are the future plans? These things need to be in place 5-10 years in advance. 

It's not happening any time soon, so no need to worry about a bowl design.

13 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

It was over 8000 seats and a total refurbishment, new frontage, etc. .

Are you really saying that you are happy with Rangets falling behind team after team with modern stadium? I'm not. I go to the Struth stand ever game, and it's not good. I go to the Thornton Suite for hospitality once a season, have done 4 times. It's well jaded. The only decent bit is the marble staircase. 

We are falling  further and further behind, with no plans for a stadium that is already 40 year old, forgetting the main stand. 

At the end of the day, I'd watch Rangers at a council pitch. But to be frank, that's not who we'll bring in future generations.  

So yes, the current stadium situation, comparing what other countries have, is depressing. 

You said embarrassing and it's anything but tbh

Archived